Chapter 4: Conversation(?)
5 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

'Where am I?' Roletta thought to herself, rousing from her slumber. 'This isn't home?' She took a look around her. The area was vaguely familiar, but she couldn't quite place her finger on it. Then she remembered what happened before she fell asleep. She slowly turned around, scanning the clearing behind her, and it was there. The Mad King, the "boogy man" that the village used to scare children to sleep. The Beast in an iron skin, mourning his loss, and refusing anyone else's failure. The elders told stories about it. "If you don't do your chores, the mad king will come gobble you up!" Her parents recited this lie many times. However, judging by the blood dripping down its stomach, maybe that wasn't a lie after all. She very slowly stood up, and started backing away.

 

-----------------Motion Detected-----------------

 

The machine roused itself from its thoughts about this odd external system. Glutton struggled to his feet, not quite used to the motion after so long. it turned towards the child, the one he decided to enlighten. He remembered an old saying that went around between the recruiters for the Zygian Cult. "Have you heard of our lord and savior, Mekhane?"

 

-----------------POV Shift-----------------

The Mad King rumbled out something incomprehensible. Roletta recognized the language from the old hymns, 'this thing is ancient!' She instinctively responded with a simple "Excuse me?" The Mad King cocked his head, and looked off slightly to the right, something she could only determine by a slight movement of his head. Her eyes widened, and she took another step back, hoping he does not take that as disrespect. Out of her peripheral vision, she saw the machine turn slightly and swing its arm outward. She watched as it tried the same motion again, and it reminded her of her baby sister when she... first saw the system... wait. 'Monsters aren't supposed to have access to the system!' She took another shaky step back, 'Could it be human?' "Hello?" she asked, hoping for an answer. The King's faceplate flashed a light red for a second before settling down to blue. He swung his arm downwards, harder than anything she had ever seen. The shokwave from it blew her hair back, and cut a furrow into the earth.

-----------------POV Shift-----------------

"I haven't experienced frustration for a while," Glutton rumbled out "and what is this garbage about linear language learning?" He looked over to the system pane, watching it float off to the right smugly, almost taunting him with a large progress bar that reads /10%/. How could he know that his learning progress was significantly faster than an average human. He looked at the girl, and asked a question in her native language. It was a simple, one word question. "Name?"

Hey guys! sorry about the late upload, I don't have an excuse for you. Enjoy!

0