Chapter 2: Hints and first explorations
75 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Food and water are essential for survival.

  

  These two things did not exist in this gloomy and dark dungeon.

  Looking at the dry food and water bags in the item bar, although Qin Feng already felt a hint of dry mouth and hunger, he still held back his thoughts and did not move.

  

  Now that the situation was unknown, whether or not he could find the supplies would have to be another story.

  

  This simple food and water would be especially precious in this situation and could not be wasted easily.

  

  He looked around at the deep passageways in all directions, his heart a little heavy.

  

  If he could find food it would be fine, but if not, he would have to go hungry after eating what was left in his hands.

  

  That wasn't the most important thing, even if he was hungry, at least he was still alive.

  

  But don't forget, in the very first words of the system, it was mentioned that monsters and traps could appear in other dungeons!

  

  But Qin Feng knew very well that even if there was danger, he had to start exploring as soon as possible.

  

  Instead of staying where he was and panicking, or sitting around waiting to die, he should follow the rules here and take the initiative to find a chance to survive!

  

  Only by staying alive would there be hope.

  

  "Prepare to explore!"

  

  Taking a deep breath, Qin Feng made up his mind and gazed towards the four passages.

  

  The passages were pitch black and filled with a thick mist, making it completely impossible to see the interior.

  

  "Which one should I take?"

  

  It was impossible for him not to be cautious, as the system said, in the endless dungeon, every step he chose was exceptionally important.

  

  Perhaps to the left was life, to the right was death.

  

  And going forward was heaven while going backward was hell.

  

  As he pondered which direction to go, a white panel suddenly appeared.

  

  A white panel suddenly appeared in front of him.

  

  "Hmm? I didn't open the system interface?"

  

  Qin Feng was stunned, and this panel was different from the light blue system panel.

  

  He looked at the contents of the panel and his eyes widened.

  

  [Go forward, it's an empty dungeon, there's nothing, a waste of time.]

  

  "Is this a hint? A function that comes with the system?"

  

  Qin Feng was puzzled.

  

  But he quickly frowned and realized that something was wrong.

  

  If he remembered correctly, the system had said before that what was in the other dungeons was completely unknown.

  

  Since it came with its hint function, wouldn't that statement from the system be redundant?

  

  Qin Feng didn't know what was going on here, and after thinking about it, he decided to try the other three directions.

  

  He turned his head and looked at the passage on the left.

  

  The panel popped up again, only it had turned yellow.

  

  [Going left is not a good choice, although there is a bronze treasure chest there, there are also dangerous quicksand traps present, at least reach Agility 3 before coming back.]

  

  Qin Feng's gaze was fixed.

  

  The hint not only made the situation in the dungeon over there clear but also gave a solution.

  

  He tried to look in the other two directions again.

  

  [Go to the right, a cave goblin is sleeping, holding a weapon will make it easier to defeat it.] [Go to the right, a cave goblin is sleeping, holding a weapon will make it easier to defeat it.

  

  [Go backward, there is a crumbling hut, a careful search may yield something.]

  

  The former is a yellow panel, while the latter is white again.

  

  Qin Feng pondered, vaguely feeling that this was unusual.

  

  He opened the chat interface again, and the messages scrolling inside were still filled with unease, confusion, and tension.

  

  But no one mentioned hinting about it.

  

  And of course, Qin Feng would not be foolish enough to ask this matter out.

  

  His eyes shone brightly, thinking that he might have met a loophole in the system.

  

  Just like in some games, bugs would appear and the game players would be able to gain benefits by using these bugs.

  

  But in the current situation, should he take advantage of this loophole or not?

  

  After all, the system was able to bring all humans around the globe to the Endless Dungeon world, and this kind of power was not something Qin Feng could even speculate on.

  

  If the system noticed that he was exploiting the bug, would it simply wipe him out?

  

  But Qin Feng quickly figured it out.

  

  "It would be even more foolish not to make use of the opportunity when it's available."

  

  Regardless of what this hint was about, to him, who had just entered the Endless Dungeon now, it was an unparalleled opportunity.

  

  If using the hint would allow him to survive, then Qin Feng wouldn't have the slightest hesitation.

  

  This world was too dangerous!

  

  Just these four passages at the very beginning alone, there were two leading to danger, one was a trap and one was a monster.

  

  Without using the hints, Qin Feng might have entered one of these two passages just now.

  

  Moreover, as long as he concentrated on the passages, the hints would naturally appear, and it would be difficult for him not to read them.

  

  After deciding to make use of the hint, Qin Feng decisively walked towards the passage behind him.

  

  He chose to go backward, and according to the hint, there was a dilapidated wooden house there.

  

  Going forward was an empty dungeon, with dangers present left and right, and it was better not to go there now that he had nothing on him.

  

  When he came to the passage at the back, Qin Feng did not dive headfirst but made an observation first.

  

  The passage was filled with a thick fog, full of mystery and the unknown as if a beast with its mouth wide open was waiting for its prey to throw itself into the net.

  

  It was so foggy that you could not see your fingers at all, let alone travel inside.

  

  And although there was light in the dungeon, the passage was pitch black.

  

  Qin Feng quickly remembered something, he opened his item bar and took out a torch.

  

  [Torch: Can illuminate the mists, provides 1 point of brightness, allows you to travel in the dark].

  

  With a single thought, the torch automatically burst into flames, which was quite convenient.

  

  But after it starts burning, a countdown also appears on the torch at the same time.

  

  [Remaining burning time: 29 minutes and 55 seconds.]

  

  "Can a torch be used for half an hour?"

  

  Qin Feng's eyes dawned on him and without further hesitation, his face was solemn as he raised the torch and walked into the mist in front of him.

  

  The mist engulfed his figure, and as the firelight grew dimmer and dimmer, Qin Feng was also walking further and further away.

  

  In the mist, the light emanating from the torch enveloped a 3-meter area around him.

  

  As Qin Feng walked forward, he carefully observed the walls of the passage to his left and right.

  

  The walls in the dungeon just now were all very solid, with no possibility of damage.

  

  And the same was true in the passage as if it was one with the dungeon just now, not even a single gap appeared.

  

  This kind of construction was by no means something that could be created by the current level of humans.

  

  Qin Feng gave up on the idea of looking for a breakthrough and continued on his way.

  

  After about ten minutes, he suddenly felt that he was about to walk out of the passage.

  

  Qin Feng's footsteps suddenly stopped and he looked ahead, still shrouded in a thick mist, unable to feel a single ray of light or sound.

  

  As he took a step forward, a dungeon suddenly opened up and appeared before him.

  

  His heart stirred and he said, "It seems that there is no possibility of speculation, there is no way to see through the mist in the passage, to see outside and hear the sounds."

  

  In this case, the only way to find out what was in the dungeon outside was to step out of the passage and check it out.

  

  Whenever he entered a new dungeon, the number of times he explored would be deducted once. Qin Feng opened the system panel, and the number in the top left corner became "9".

  

  He closed the system and then began to take a look at the dungeon.

  

  It was similar to the one before, almost the same square dungeon.

  

  The only difference was that there was no runic monolith in the middle of the dungeon, instead, there was a rickety little wooden hut.

  

  "The hint told me to search this small wooden hut carefully, maybe I'll find something."

  

  Qin Feng walked over, but he pressed his body down and his pace was light.

  

  Although the hint did not say that there would be danger over here, and a wooden hut did appear here just like the hint, Qin Feng did not fully believe it.

  

  Coming to this weird and dangerous world, one had to be cautious in everything one did.

  

  He went to the edge of the wooden house and pricked up his ears to listen carefully, but the house was silent and there was no sound.

  

  He looked inside through the small crumbling hole on the outside of the cabin, and because it was so dim, he could only see some outlines of what appeared to be tables and chairs.

  

  But other than that there was nothing else.

  

  After making sure there was no danger, Qin Feng pushed open the door of the wooden hut and went inside.

  

  Under the light of the torch, the situation inside the hut was reflected in Qin Feng's eyes.

  

  Some broken and tattered furnishings were scattered around, cobwebs were scattered in all four corners, and the dust on the floor was thick, all indicating that the place had not been visited for a long time.

  

  At first glance, there was nothing else inside the house but a dilapidated scene.

  

  But Qin Feng was not disappointed; the hint had said that a careful search might yield something.

  

  He searched for a few moments, but the furniture and furnishings were all in a state of disrepair and could fall apart with a few touches.

  

  In a puff of smoke and dust, Qin Feng finally found a brand new wooden chest behind an empty cupboard in the corner!

1