7. In the Eye of the Beholder – by Cabbitgurl
599 2 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When that track was over, the boy ran his hands down his sides.  His figure had changed. “Oh my god” he said under his breath.  “I have breasts.”  He was giddy with joy.  “One more track” he told himself, “and I can walk out of here a real girl.”

In the Eye of the Beholder - by Cabbitgurl

As my alarm screeched, I reached for it with my hand, only to accidentally brush against a mekaspider. It let out a shrill shriek, then bit my hand and scurried away towards some crevice under my bed. It left fast, but I was certain I saw its carapace. The color of the mekaspider determined the severity of its poison: green was safe, red was dangerous, white was deadly. I breathed a sigh of relief that it was green.

I dragged myself out of bed, and headed to the shower. I had to be careful not to trip over the scattered pile of dirty clothes, empty pizza boxes, and filthy dishes. Succeeding in crossing the minefield of grime, I entered the bathroom. I placed my hand with my palm-chip on the control panel. It registered my DNA then opened up the shower. I stepped in and turned on the water expecting a warm embrace. Instead I was given the sting of freezing cold water. I jumped out and screamed like a little girl. I reached for the holo-panel on the side with a grim realization. I was out of hot water tokens.

With a grumble I trudged back into my room, and put on some clothes I grabbed out of the pile. I figured I needed to pick up a few more things anyway as the heater tokens also were getting a bit low. I checked the holo-panel on the door. It read the temperature at thirty two degrees fahrenheit. I picked up my coat from the coat pile and walked out the door.

“Alejandro Martinez, you have seven days left to vacate the premises. If you do not comply you will be removed forcibly from the complex and your possessions will be forfeit. Have a nice day~” A disturbingly cheerful feminine voice spoke from behind me. I looked and there was a digital seven on my door. As if it wasn’t bad enough my girlfriend left me a month ago, after that I was fired from my job, and now I was being evicted. A great start to another wonderful day.

I sighed, then pressed on. I was reminded to zip up my coat as the frigid air assaulted my body. The grimy streets of the slums were not the most inviting, but they were the only way towards my destination. The buildings were covered in mold, slime, and unknown black substances. Sadly we weren’t due for cleaning for another week, the cleaning bot only came once a month after all. It was apparently too expensive for the greedy bastards otherwise.

“Hey Ally, how’s it hanging?” A familiar brown skinned face asked me. His skin was much darker than mine, I had a very light brown and could pass for white sometimes. His eyes were a dark violet and yet kind; they matched his beautiful blonde hair. It wasn’t a natural color, but with the modification shops none of that really mattered. He was a bit shorter than me, and incredibly athletic. He was big into cardio and various athletics. He always had been, my best friend was kind of the complete opposite of me. He wore some nice jeans and a tee shirt, very different from the grungy clothes I was wearing. He always called me Ally as a nickname, it sounded like alley, but it never really bothered me. I didn’t really like my name so it was fine with me.

“Oh, nothing much Dave. I’m fine.” I’m fine, the universal lie when you don’t want to tell someone how you are really feeling.

“Okay, you know you can talk to me right? You don’t look okay, do you need me to do some cleaning at your place again? You’re like a messy child, you know that?” he chuckled. “It’s like I’m your dad instead of your best friend.”

“Sh-Shut up Dave, I’m just falling on some hard times okay? I already ran out of hot water tokens, and a mekaspider bit me so I’m not having a good day.” I conveniently left out the part of my unemployment status and that I was soon going to be homeless.

“I’m going to take you to the wellness center to get that bite looked at. What color was the carapace? We lost Bennet not long ago to a white carapace, please tell me it wasn’t white.” Dave’s voice was trembling. He was genuinely afraid.

“It’s okay, it's okay, it was green. I’ll just have a bit of a rash for a few days.” I scratched my hand where it bit. Stupid mekaspider.

He breathed a sigh of relief. “I worry about you Ally. Anyway, let’s get to that wellness center. I’m not taking no for an answer, young man.” 

I groaned in a childish voice, “Yes, Daaaaaad.” Then let him lead me away. I knew he’d just keep pressing if I didn’t. He was worse than my actual father. Though I couldn’t deny his caring did make me feel good. My own couldn’t give a shit about me.

We walked to the wellness center. It wasn’t much, just a small silver building shaped like a rectangle. It had an open counter with a cylindrical limbed robot wearing a nurse’s outfit. Its face was a black screen with neon lights portraying various emojis depending on the emotion it was trying to portray, its current faceplate was a :), it was so unsettling. “Hello Sirs, do you require our services?” The robot’s voice was melodious and feminine. It seemed they always used feminine voices for the AI. I mused that it was because they thought women’s voices were more soothing and made people feel less anxious and afraid.

“Yes, my friend here was bitten by a mekaspider, can you take a look at it?” Dave, as usual, took charge. I didn’t mind though.

“Please sit still as I perform the scan.” I stayed still as its face opened up to reveal a large mechanical eye. A red cone of light scanned me from top to bottom. The face closed back up revealing a ;_; emoji. “I’m sorry, your friend only has three days left to live. I suggest you make the best of the time he has left.”

My world crashed around me, I was… I was going to die? That wasn’t possible, it was green, I was sure it was green. I felt salty tears course down my cheek as the realization of my own mortality hit me like a brick wall. Everything that I was hiding poured out of my mouth, there no longer seemed to be a reason to keep it in with so little time left. “I-I’m so sorry Dave. I’m gonna be evicted, I ran out of hot water tokens, and am gonna be out of heater tokens. I got fired from my job and I’m still sad about what happened with Mary and everything in my life is falling apart!”

After my heartfelt confession, he grabbed me and held me to his chest as tears fell down his own eyes. “It’s gonna be okay. I got plenty of credits, we can go to the store, get you some pizza. We can watch movies, I promise you I’ll make your last days the best ever.”

Before I could process his kind words, the robot started giggling. “What’s so funny?” Dave asked, he looked pissed. “You think it’s funny my Ally is gonna die?!”

“I was just fucking with him, he’s fine. He got a minor bite that’ll itch for a few days.” It’s faceplate showed a xD face. “Humans are so gullible.”

“That wasn’t funny, I legit thought he was going to die. Why would you say something like that?” He turned to me. “I’m sorry Ally, I’ll still do what I said though. I don’t want you to go homeless. Let’s go to the store, then we’ll get your stuff and you can move in with me.”

“Please, examine me, I got bit and I need to know if I’m going to be okay.” A young woman behind us said, obviously desperate. I stepped aside so she could get scanned.

“You’re going to be completely fine.”

“Thank goodness, I was worried it might have been more serious. I waited a bit longer than I should have, but I was scared.”

“Just kidding, you're gonna die in a few hours.” The robot’s faceplate turned to an xD again.

“Wait what?! Is this some kind of sick joke?” Her fear was palpable.

“Nope, you should be feeling the effects in a few hours, your body will break down, and you’ll slowly deteriorate until you become a puddle of flesh. I’ve seen it before, ain’t pleasant. Anyway goodbye, hope you have a good day, or whatever you have left of it.” The robot kept it’s xD face and giggled.

Her face fell silent. I walked over to comfort her, but she shied away and took off crying, and I couldn’t blame her.

“Asshole! That was completely uncalled for!” I called out to the robot. The robot responded with a smug uwu face. I stomped away, 

“Let’s go Dave… I don’t want to see this piece of shit anymore.” Dave nodded, and the robot didn’t respond.

We walked down the street past the various stores and fast food counters, until finally we saw the store.

“Dave! It’s so good to see you and, oh Alejandro, didn’t see you there.” I heard the familiar sweet voice of my ex-girlfriend Mary. She had pale skin, brown eyes, and bright pink hair. She was wearing a neon flashing dress made of that new nanite fiber coupled with neon flashing heels, rainbow stockings, and had her hair done up in a space bun. As always she looked fashionable and gorgeous. “Dave… did you tell him?”

“Tell me what?” I asked. Was there something I needed to know?

“Uhh, well, you see… we need to get you that pizza from the store! I know space rocks are your favorite and you know how quick that goes!” His urgency definitely was warranted, space rocks sold really fast. They were synthesized beef shaped like little planets and were extremely crunchy with bits of synthesized bacon in the center. They were utterly delicious, and a favorite of most people.

“You’re right we should head out as soon as we can!” I watched as Mary glared at him, but figured it wasn’t my business what my friends thought about each other. It was a mutual break up, but it still hurt. I just really felt like I needed someone in my life, someone that could show me the love that I always felt in such short supply of. Dave helped a lot, but I always felt like I needed something more.

“I guess I’ll tag along then.” I wanted to protest but I could see in Dave’s eyes he wanted her to come. I relented, so the three of us walked together with the store in our sights, until of course, something had to ruin it. 

“Do you feel lost in this time of strife?” a deep voice asked. “Do you feel as if your life has no meaning? Then plug in, and let the True Administrator have control.” He was a street preacher, one of the worst things you could find in these places. He wore a black tweed suit with a red tie, and black dress shoes. His skin was brown, and he had light brown hair. “Young man, you look lost. Let the True Administrator into your life.”

“I’m not interested.” I said. I tried to walk away, but he grabbed my arm.

“Sir, you clearly don’t understand the gift of his love. Do not worry, I’ll help you.” He turned my hand over to my chip, and a creepy green shiny metallic cord grew out of his hand.

“Let me go, you crazy asshole!” I screamed at the man as I struggled against his restraint, then kicked him in the shin but it didn’t seem to faze him. I didn’t want whatever the fuck he was trying to inject into me. Dave came to my rescue and charged him to knock him down. It worked, but it was at a cost.

The man grabbed onto Dave’s hand with a maniacal look in his eye and inserted his cord into Dave’s hand. Then I watched in horror as a terrifying transformation took place. From the start of his chip, his flesh began to turn shiny, green, and metallic. He screamed in agony as the wave of transformation passed his arm, then traveled to his core. From there it spread through his other arm, his legs, and finally it covered his head. My friend, my best friend, had been fully transformed into a mechanized being. I wanted to scream, I wanted to cry out, but all I could do was freeze in fear.

“Dave! My Dave, no, no, no!” Mary screamed, but the man seemed unphased. He unhooked from Dave, and turned towards me. “Why do you reject his love, young man? Can you not see his grand design in your friend? Do you not want to join him?”

“Fuck no!” My body started moving on its own. I scrambled backwards as his metallic cord elongated, then jumped outside of his body, and slithered towards me. Robo Dave started to move towards me too, but he held him back and shook his head. It seemed I’d been spared the fate of being hunted down by my own friend.

Please, hear my call, I can help you defeat him!” It was an otherworldly feminine voice and almost seemed to be inside my head rather than hearing it in the outside world. Yet it still had a place it was coming from in the physical world, it was very difficult to describe how I could locate where it was, but I just... could. “There is no time, the Azerathian must be stopped!”

I scampered down the alley where I heard it coming from as the metallic snakelike wires whizzed past.

Can no one hear me? Are none worthy?” She called out again, and I continued to move towards the voice. I saw a cardboard box that seemed to be the culprit. Inside was a small powder blue cybernetic eye. “You there! You found me, you heard my call?

I picked it up and examined it. There was a strange symbol on it; a circle with a cross coming out of the bottom, and an arrow pointing out of the top right, then in the center was an eye. It was quite strange. “Yeah, I did, what do I have to do now? What were you talking about the Azerwhatsits?”

“Wait, you’re the one who heard my call? How strange, well beggars can’t be choosers.” I felt offended by that. What was wrong with me finding her? “Put me on your left eye, I’ll do the rest.

“Wh-What? Why would I do that?” She wanted me to stick a random object inside my eye, anyone would be apprehensive.

Do you want to stop them or not?” The voice screamed inside my head. Whether it was her dominant voice that pushed me to do it, or it was the fear I felt from the situation, I acquiesced. I gulped then hesitantly put it towards my eye as it suddenly latched onto it. I screamed as I felt pressure on my eye, and then nothing. It didn’t hurt or anything, it just felt like something attached itself to my head.

Okay, good, now I need you to say “Starlight, starbright, give me the strength to fight.

“You want me to say what now?”

JUST DO IT!” The voice screamed in my head.

“Okay okay! Starlight, starbright, give me the strength to fight.” I said, and nothing really seemed to happen. “I said what you wanted now wh—”

Immediately I was covered in a brilliant flash. My clothes melted away and my body felt like putty in the hands of some unknown sculptor. Everyone and everything seemed to grow larger around me. As if I was suddenly in a world for giants. After a final flare of light, I realized my entire outfit had changed. I looked down and quickly realized I was wearing a dress. It was black with a yellow star pattern, and had short and puffy sleeves that did little to protect me from the cold. On my feet were black mary janes with a yellow star buckle, and yellow star patterned black tights. My hands were covered in black fingerless gloves with large yellow stars covering my tiny arms. My hair was much longer and held up in twintails by two large yellow stars. I looked like some kind of cartoon character from a kids holoTV show.

It didn’t take a genius to realize I was now a little girl. I had no idea how it’d happened, I couldn’t even guess what age I was, I figured it was around six to eight? It should have bothered me more, but after seeing my best friend turned into a robot, nothing could phase me.

“Okay so now wha—what’s wrong with my voice?!” I should have realized I’d sound differently as a little girl but it still was jarring hearing such a cute, sugary, and shrill voice.

“You have much more important things to worry about!” Turning down the alley opening, I saw a large monstrous green metallic snake, and it was slithering right towards me. Though what bothered me was that the voice was no longer inside my head, it was as if it was right next to me. “Use the weapon you’re holding, hurry!”

I looked down at what it was talking about and sure enough there was a glowing sword in my left hand. It was a yellow glowing blade that looked like it had miniature stars floating inside of it and had a black hilt. “Don’t just sit there, swing!”

I wasted no time, as the snake closed in, I struck at it with unusual grace, and it disintegrated into ash.

“Holy fudge cakes, that was awesome! Wait, why can’t I swear?”

"Well, it’s not proper for a Galaxy Princess to swear.”

“That’s literal fudge muffins.”

“Sorry, but that’s the rules, anyway you have to stop that Azerathian, it’s going to transform your entire city if you don’t stop him.”

“Wait, how come I can hear you normally now?”

“This really isn’t the time, but fine, turn your sword over.”

I did as she suggested and saw something terrifying. On the other side of the hilt were eyes, two big wide eyes, right above that same symbol I saw on the eyeball that was currently sitting on my eye. “What the crumb cakes are you?!”

“Yes yes, I’m alive, right now we have much more pressing matters, do you want to stop the Azerathian or not?”

I grumbled, but she was right. I hurried quickly towards where Dave was transformed, and the sight sent shivers down my spine. Dave was there, but so was Mary, and they both were roboticized zombies. Not just them, there were at least ten more, with another he just finished converting. That woman from before, the one who got told she only had a few hours left to live. Watching her only made me steel my resolve, unlike before when I wanted to run, I felt myself stand firm.

“And what do we have here? A child trying to interrupt my mission? Who, or what are you?” the street preacher questioned.

A name pushed itself out of my throat, without my permission. “I’m Princess Falling Star, and I’m going to beat you with the power of cuteness and love!” I winked and posed with two peace signs and my head tilted. The Azerathian didn’t seem impressed, in fact he burst out laughing. I would have joined him if I wasn’t forced into this stupid pose.

“What a joke, you think you can stop us. Feel free to try, little girl.” His taunt made me furious.

“Whatever you big poopy buttface!” It sounded so childish but it was the best I could come up with. It didn’t help that I found myself sticking my tongue out at him too.

He turned to his robot army. “She has rejected The True Administrator’s gift, kill her.” With a raise of his hand, the mechanoids charged. I expected myself to freeze, just like before, but, again, my legs instead stood firm as they attacked. I blocked each of them effortlessly, as if I had done this hundred of times before. I couldn’t just keep blocking them, though, I had to attack eventually, but my mind went back to the snake and how it just turned to ash. I couldn’t do that to these people, they were innocent, they didn’t want this. What kind of “Princess Falling Star,” would I be if I just slaughtered them?

“If you want to save them, look deep inside your heart, the answer lies within,” my sword, continuing the kids show schtick, cryptically said. I tried to close my eyes and listen to what she was talking about. I saw it, a power I hadn’t yet seen. I just needed to say the words. They just were so embarrassing, but I resolved a little embarrassment was worth it if it worked.

“Through the will of Princess Falling Star will you be purified! Final Cuteness Attack: BENEVOLENT METEORS!” After screaming out the incantation, I shoved my sword to the sky. A gigantic beam of light shot from it into the air. The beam split into countless stars that then turned back towards the battlefield and rained down. The most disturbing thing was the stars had cute happy faces and said ‘wheeee’ as they exploded on people. I put my discomfort aside as all of them were struck, and the robotic humans were bathed in a bright light. I watched as the mechanization slowly began to be undone, and I giggled to myself. I’d done it, I’d saved them.

“What have you done?!” the preacher cried. “After all that work, you just up and ended it? I don’t think so.” The man was furious. I could tell from the air that the leader had finally decided to show his hand. I, however, was genre savvy and knew the best way to goad a holoTV villain. I wasn’t sure if it would work but everything else had, so why not try it? 

“Why do you care anyway, what is it your ‘True Administrator’ even wants?”

“What does he want? Our True Administrator merely wants to give everyone happiness.” He answered

“How is it happiness if nothing is left of them?” I asked back.

“You humans think you understand everything. You don’t even know what you yourselves want. Look at you, fighting amongst yourselves, killing and doing unspeakable things to each oth—.” It was literally a holoTV special villain’s speech. I could not believe how cliche this dude was. He continued to ramble on and I’d had enough. Before he could finish his point, I’d already moved and rammed my sword into his chest.

“Y-You Bitch! You didn’t even let me… agh…” He fell to the ground and slowly started to turn to ash. “It doesn’t matter what you do to me, the True Administrator’s servants will return, and noth—”

I shut him up by stabbing my sword into what was left of his face. I wasn’t in the mood for any more of this Saturday morning holoTV trope fest. The air returned to normal, It was over. I surveyed the area, and saw people getting up. That woman from before, the one destined to die, I walked over to her and held out my hand.

“What’s the point, kid. You should have just let me die. I’m going to die anyway.” I looked at her, and something told me that wasn’t true anymore. My attack healed more than just the metalizing.

“I think you’re going to be okay, miss. You should go get checked again.” I walked away after saying that, and she looked at me as if she realized I was telling the truth. She immediately ran towards the wellness center. I later found out she had made a miraculous recovery. My suspicions were correct, she had been fully healed by my attack.

I left the area and looked for my friend. In the back, I saw Dave, and Mary. They were sitting up and holding hands. I suddenly had an idea of what Dave was supposed to have told me, as they kissed.

“Oh, so that’s what you didn’t tell me yet, Dave.” I was annoyed, and angry. Why couldn’t he had just told me he was dating her?

“Uhhh, I’m sorry, have we met? You’re the little girl that saved us, and you seem to know my name… wait… Ally?!” Dave’s face was one of shock. I couldn’t understand how he knew it was me.

“Wait, I didn’t even do the bit where I have to prove it’s me, you just knew? How?”

“You look like you did when we were kids, except a lot cuter and girlier.” Of course he’d remember something like that. He was so annoying. “Though, this heterochromia you got going on is new.”

“Wait, this adorable little girl is Alejandro?” Mary asked. I felt myself blush. Of course she’d focus on that.

“Y-Yes. I didn’t ask to be. I just, I saw Dave get transformed into a robot, then I heard this call and then I transformed and then I… I...” I felt the words seize up in my throat, I couldn’t even begin to describe what had happened coherently.

“Hey, hey, it’s okay, slow down.” Dave soothed. His words calmed me down, and he patted my head. “It’s okay Ally, you saved us. You did good, I’m so proud of you.”

“Yeah, you did amazing Alejandro, I’m impressed.”

Both their words made me tear up, these stupid little kid hormones were messing with my head. I actually liked being patted on my head.

“You all seem rather close, is there some history between you?” My sword asked. I had totally forgotten about her.

“Wait, what was that voice, some woman?” Dave asked.

“Oh, it’s just my sword. She’s the one that turned me into this and gave me the power to save you.”

“That sword thing on your arm can talk?” Mary asked. I nodded.

“I can do more than talk. I am the Universe Blade, I am the one who has unleashed this little girl’s power.”

“Uhh, I’m not a little kid. Look, can we just go to Dave’s house, I’ve had waaay too much excitement for today.”

“Dave, was it? Touch onto me and we can take you home right away. Do not worry, my brilliant blade only burns those with dark hearts.” I nearly died from the cringe, but agreed. I turned the sword over and Mary nearly jumped back while Dave grasped onto her.

“Are we not going to address the talking sword has eyes!?” Mary asked and we both looked at her blankly. “No? Fine, I guess I’ll grab the thing too.”

Just like it promised, we landed inside of Dave’s home. It felt weird being in here, it was going to be my home to begin with but I didn’t imagine it like this. Dave seemed to be acting more fatherly than normal, though, it wasn’t unwelcome. He held me in his lap while he sat on the floor, and it felt so warm, and... nice. I worried what would happen once I turned back. I wanted him to hold me like this forever, to keep patting my head and making me feel so loved.

“So, what are we going to do about Ally, he can’t really continue like this.” Dave’s warm embrace made me miss most of what he said. I learned about it later, but I didn’t care.

“I second what Dave is saying. There isn’t much we can do for her as is. She has no documentation or anything. What are we supposed to do, just pretend we found her on the street?” She ran her hand through my hair this time, and that warm fuzzy feeling bubbled away any thoughts I had, or any care I ever had in the world.

“Well, I see the problem then, don’t worry I’ll fix it.” Suddenly the sword extended tendrils of light and attached themselves towards Dave, Mary, and then me. The tendrils pulled us all together like a well wrapped Xmas present. In less than a few seconds it was done.

“Wow… that’s a mind trip, right honey? Wait…” Dave stated.

“Dave, I think something’s changed. I can. I can remember giving birth to Alicia, wait.. Alicia, isn’t her name… what was it? Alli something?” I thought she was being funny, before this whole mess of course my name was Alicia. Wait, no it was Alicia. Why couldn’t I say my old name, Ale… Ale… Alejan… Alicia.

“Woah, I guess that works since I always called her Allie, right? Though I don’t know how I feel about this.” Dave stopped patting my head and I felt sad. I didn’t want him to stop.

“Why do I keep thinking of myself as Alicia, sword?”

“That is your new name, young Princess Falling Star.”

“Ugh, I don’t get why you gave me a new name, anyway can we undo this please? I’m getting uncomfortable dressed in this really fancy get up for no reason.” I stood up, and waited for the sword to fix me. I was going to miss being this close to Dave and Mary, but I was sure I could find some way to be close to them as my real self. Though, was it really so bad, staying this way? It wasn’t possible though, I had to change back, there wasn’t any other option.

“Oh, yes of course, just say “Starlight, please fade, until I need you another day.”

“Starlight, please fade, until I need you another day.” The moment I finished the light faded. My clothes transformed into a pink girl’s dress, with black mary janes, and white anklets, and my hair straightened itself with a pink headband. It didn’t take me long to realize I was still a little girl.

“Sword, why am I not an adult? Didn’t the transformation end?”

“Well, you see, you can’t very well look like that as Princess Falling Star.” The sword’s words were back to being in my head again.

“Wait, are you saying I’m stuck?” My voice screeched at the end of my question.

“Hi Stuck, I’m dad!” At that comment mommy immediately elbowed him in the ribs. “Ow.”

While I loved daddy, I really could do without his dad jokes. I recoiled as I realized I was thinking of them as my parents. “Y- You both are really my mommy and daddy now?”

“Guess so, kiddo. I didn’t expect this. Though, I can’t say I’m against it. Your father is quite the man.” She winked at him and I blushed. I was happy my parents liked each other but it was soooo embarrassing. So instead I tried to distract myself with a little experiment.

“Fuck!” I was overjoyed that I could swear again.

“ALICIA! Why would you say such a thing?” Mommy was really upset at me and it made me sad. I didn’t mean to disappoint her, I just wanted to test if I could swear again.

“Mommy, you don’t understand, I couldn’t say any swear words when I was transformed.”

“You better apologize or I’ll wash your mouth out with synthetic soap, young lady.”

“Eeep! I’m sorry mommy! I’ll be good.” I gulped. “I’ll never ever say another curse word again.”

“Good girl.” She wrapped me in her arms and kissed my forehead. Any and all protest I had felt melted away. “I promise you, I’m going to be the best mommy you ever had. I know things didn’t start out this way, but I’m going to show you so much love that you burst.”

I giggled and daddy ruffled my hair. “That’s right mi princesa, we both will. Your life will never be like how it was before this. I promise you, I’ll always love you and take care of you, and protect you. Even if you decide you aren’t mi princesa.” They treated me like their own daughter, and for some reason it felt… good. I was a guy before, I guess I’m not now, but still, I liked being treated like his princesa. I felt sad at the thought of that no longer being true.

“Wh-What, what do you mean daddy? Why wouldn’t I be your princesa?” I felt tears start to fill my eyes.

“I mean if you find you aren’t really a girl, I’ll accept you.” I tilted my head to the side as mommy pulled him away.

“Is that really a thing daddy?” I asked.

“Yes, princesa, sometimes people are born one thing, but are really another thing.” It was confusing but it made sense. I didn’t really feel I was though. “I mean, you were a boy before, but now you’re a little girl, I can’t imagine the gender crisis you’re having right now.”

“Oh, yeah that would make sense given what happened.” Mommy commented. “Though she seems fine enough.”

“Still, I don’t know if this is okay, what if she’s been brainwashed. I kinda feel like we both are brainwashed. Ay Mierda, are we brainwashed?” Daddy seemed afraid. I didn’t really understand that word though. What did brainwashed mean? Did I understand it before this, was something happening to my brain being this young?

“LANGUAGE! How can we raise a proper little girl, with you swearing too!” Mommy sternly scolded daddy. I kinda felt out of the loop though, they just kept going on and on and I got bored so I decided to wander.

I looked around and saw there was now a door in the house that had the words “Alicia” in sparkly letters with hearts for the dots of the ‘i’s. I realized this was my room. I opened it up and saw an explosion of pink. Pink walls, pink nanite carpet, pink canopy bed, pink dresser, and a pink vanity. There was a large walk-in closet that was filled with all kinds of skirts, dresses, some shorts, and a few pairs of pants. Then there was a shoe rack filled with all kinds of girly shoes. In the dresser was my socks and stuff, I didn’t really care about those too much, except for my sleepers. There also was a fully automated dollhouse in the corner. The little dolls waved at me and I giggled. I was looking forward to playing with them tomorrow. I wondered again if it was my child brain doing this to me, but I quickly didn’t care anymore. It felt so good to just be absolved of all those adult responsibilities. Sure I had to start over as a kid again, but with such a loving family I felt like I could deal with it.

I was getting a bit tired so I felt I should probably get ready for bed soon. Before that though I saw something interesting on the floor, it was a backpack. I picked it up, then opened it. Inside was a lunch box, a stuffed bear, and a folder. I picked up the folder and out fell a little card. I placed it on my hand chip and it made a boop noise. A digital picture of my face appeared on the card. My face was a lot cuter than I had expected. It was different seeing it from this perspective. I didn’t hate it though, I actually kinda liked it. Though I still had that strange device on my eye, I reached up for it.

“Did you think I’d just be gone? Princess Falling Star, we are not yet finished. The Azerathians will attack again and you will have to defeat them.” The Sword’s words gave me a groan. “You also will need to gather the other Princesses, such as Princess Sun, and Princess Moon. Only then can the three of you defeat the True Administrator and save your world.”

Even as a little girl I groaned at the corniness of it. I really was stuck in some kind of bizarre holoTV show. “Of course I do, fine, I’ll go look for them later. I’m going to sleep.”

“As you wish young Princess Falling Star. Rest well.”

I turned back to the card and while fumbling with it, I turned it around to the back, then what I saw next filled me with abject horror. I screamed, and both my parents bursted into my room.

“What’s wrong Alicia?! Are you okay? Is there a mekaspider?” Mommy asked.

“What?! I’ll kill it! Stay back mija, daddy’s got this!” Daddy said heroically wielding a metal poker.

“No no, it’s not that, this is awful!” I waved myself up and down.

“What, what’s awful? Oh, being a girl? It’ll be okay sweetie, I’ll help you,” she said and daddy glared at her. “Or… I guess we could let you be a boy, if that’s what you want.”

“No no not that mommy, being a girl is fine. This though, is the worst thing ever!” I immediately handed them the card with a dreaded realization as it read ‘First Grade Elementary school.’ “I have to go back to school, oh fuudge muffins!”


Cabbitgurl is a Latina author that saw no Latina TG stories so she decided to write her own. You can find her on ScribbleHub, Deviantart, and TGstorytime. You also can find her at Big Closet topshelf under the alias PrincessChelsea. She is the author of In the Darkness is the Light found on Scribblehub, Deviantart, TGstorytime, and Big closet topshelf

21