8. Afterword – by tfes8
735 4 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

He - or rather she - felt it.  Her transformation was complete.  She was excited.  She had already picked out a name years ago.  Now she was excited to finally greet the world as herself.  This is the best gift any girl could ask for.  Was it magic that led her to this shop?  To this mix tape?

She stood up and took the mixtape out of the player.  It’s gone.  The CD is gone.  She takes the player and headphones up to the owner.  

The owner smiles and says nothing.  He doesn’t appear surprised at her current appearance.

“The mix tape vanished,” she said hesitantly.  She was afraid the owner would scold her like all other adults had in the past.

The owner nodded, silently.  He seemed like he expected this to happen.

“I was ready, you know.” she said. “For what was on that disk.”

“I know.” he replied.

“What’s your name?” she asked.

He replied, “Mr. Owens.”  

“Thank you Mr. Owens.” she said.  

The girl smiled, and walked out of the bookstore and passed the bullies who were waiting for a boy to come out.  Mr. Owens returned to his chair and smiled.

Afterward - by tfes8

First off, I want to thank each and every author that participated in this Mix Tape.  It was my first time participating in one, and I had the bright idea of taking the lead and organizing it without any prior experience. It was a lot more work than I expected, but the group of us had a good time working together and collaborating. We started organizing this back in early October, and it’s a testament to everyone that we were able to complete this in 2 months.’

Thank you to Punchline, Emberend, Cabbitgurl and Casedy for their invaluable effort proofreading everything.

A quick shout out previous TG Mix Tape organizers for inspiring us to do this.  Apparently there have been 29 other Mix Tapes, and this one was #30!

Lastly, thank you to the readers! 

~Emily.

 

Credits

Introduction
By Tfes8

Rewind
By Punchline Press

Darkroom
By Tfes8

No Way Out
By Emberend

Confluence
By Casedy Long

The Spectacles
By Paradox

Carol of the Bells
By Elite Shade

In the Eye of the Beholder
By Cabbitgurl

Afterwards
By Tfes8

Cover Image
By Tfes8

Read more from our authors:

Previous Mix Tapes:

19