Chapter 3
198 1 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yang was rushing after the scream he had heard. He got worried because he could no longer hear that shout from that girl, but he kept on running. As he was running, the branches of the trees cut his face a few times, but he kept on going.

 

He noticed two wolves; one of them was doing something on the ground while the second was looking around. He quietly walked closer but was seen by the wolf on guard and was attacked. The wolf wanted to bite him, but he evaded, and with all of his might, he hit the wolf's head with his axe. Unfortunately, the axe turned in his hand due to his haste, and its blunt part was used, yet it was enough to knock the wolf out.

 

Yang wanted to be sure that the wolf was killed; he unleashed another attack, this time with the bladed part of the axe, and beheaded the wolf.

 

Yang: One down, one more to go.

 

Yang ran closer to the other wolf, who was dragging an unconscious girl. The wolf was biting the girl's hand to pull her away. The girl's cloth was damaged beyond recognition. The girl seemed to be around sixteen-seventeen was full of scratches and cuts, and had lost much blood. His right hand was full of bite marks since the wolf tried to drag her while holding her right arm.

 

The moment the wolf noticed Yang, the girl was let go, and the wolf rushed at Yang, who was full of anger and used his axe once again, cleaving the dog's mouth into two, and a small part of its head. Yang pulled his axe back and hit the wolf once again, but this time with the dull part of his weapon. Having been angered, Yang was able to shatter the skull of the monster with a single strike.

 

Yang gently grabbed the girl and put her onto his shoulder. He was holding the girl on his left shoulder with his left arm. He held his axe with his teeth, and then he grabbed the wolves legs with his free hand, and then he started walking back.

 

Yang: Good thing I have exercised quite a bit so that I can carry them back like this.

 

The rain washed the blood of the wolves of his axe while he was marching back home. Fortunately, he found his way back home relatively quickly. As soon as he got home, he put the wolves down next to his small house and put the girl onto the pile of dry grass. First, he covered the girl's body with the grass to try and warm her up a bit; then, he tried to start a fire in his furnace.

 

Since he wanted to get this done quickly, he grabbed his knife and used its blunt part on the axe's head to create sparks. After a few attempts, he succeeded in igniting the grass. Next, he placed more and more grass in till the log finally caught on fire, then he put two smaller ones in and a bigger one in, then he left the house with his axe.

 

He walked to the nearest trees and chacked their branches. He was searching for two that were relatively straight; once Yang found what he was looking for, he used his axe to take them. Unfortunately, the rain was so heavy that some places were under a few millimetres of water.

 

Once he got back to his house, he chacked the fire; it was burning, but he couldn't fit another piece of wood in yet. So he walked to the unconscious girl and searched for her injured arm. Once he found it, he cut the left arm of his robe and used it with the two branches to fix the girl's arm.

 

Yang: I have never fixed anyone's arm, so I hope I didn't make any mistake.

 

Once he was done, he put his axe back to the pile where he kept his tools and sat down not far from the furnace so that he could supply the fire. He was staring at the fire and almost spaced out, but soon he noticed that most of the logs had already burned, so he put more wood on the fire.

 

Yang: This weather is so bad; I hate rain!

 

Yang was about to space out once more, but he heard movements from the pile of grass, and he quickly turned his attention there. He saw that the girl was finally awake, and once she noticed that Yang looked at her, she seemed uneasy.

 

Girl: S-sir cultivator, I-I sincerely apologize for disturbing your concentration! I-I hope you can forgive this lowly one for being so rude to you!

Yang: What is she talking about? Cultivator? What are those? She must have had some sort of nightmare, and she still feels like she is in it.

 

Yang stood up, smiled and walked closer to the scared girl, and once he got closer, he kneeled down.

 

Yang: You must have had a nightmare, but it's alright; those wolves will not hurt you anymore!

 

The girl looked at Yang's face and noticed the tiny cuts on him inflicted by the branches while he was running. Then she saw that her arm was fixed by part of Yang's cloth.

 

Girl: S-sir... I-I-I am terribly sorry for causing you such a...

 

Yang gently extended his right arm and wanted to touch the girl's forehead to see whether she had a fever, but the girl instantly kneeled and bowed down to the ground.

 

Girl: Sir, please don't touch this lowly one; your hand will get dirty. I am nothing but a lowly slave!

Yang: Slave? What are you talking about? I thought slavery was already abolished in the USA!

Girl: S-sir, what i-is... USA?

 

8