Chapter 4
150 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yang: You are pulling my leg, right?

Girl: No, sir! I have never heard what USA is before.

Yang: What about Europe?

Girl: No, sir!

Yang: Asia?

Girl: Not even that, sir!

Yang: I need to sit down.

 

Yang sat down, and he was lost in thoughts.

 

Yang: Did I just somehow get teleported to another world... I was just joking with that when I woke up!!!

 

Girl: Sir, I believe I am an ignorant fool, so please do not take my word for granted.

Yang: Why are you so formal? It starts to feel kinda strange.

Girl: Sir, I am a lowly slave; while you are a cultivator, I dare not insult you by talking inappropriately and without respect.

Yang: Yang!

Girl: Pardon?

Yang: Call me Yang, and drop the formalities.

Girl: Sir Yang...

Yang: Drop the sir!

Girl: Yang... I do not feel that calling you by your name is appropriate!

Yang: Why would it not be? Everyone has the same rights! By the way, WHat is your name?

Girl: I don't really have a name, but...

Yang: So how can I address you, or how would you like to be called.

Mig: Well... I was always called by the name Mig.

Yang: Well, Mig, Nice to meet you!

Mig: It's my pleasure... Yang!

Yang: This weather is getting on my nerve; I hope the rain will stop soon.

Mig: Y-Yang...

Yang: Yes?

Mig: Thank you for saving me... I am very grateful!

Yang: Don't mention it; I don't know what kind of past you have, but lending a hand should be commonsense!

Mig: I see... Yang, please allow me to stay here and serve you!

Yang: Serve?

Mig: Yes, I am a nobody; the only thing I am good at is serving others. So if you allowed me, I would be honoured to serve you.

Yang: I will not allow that!

Mig: I-I understand...

Mig: You can stay if you want, but not as a slave or servant, but as a friend!

Mig: Yang... I don't understand you! How can a cultivator lower his status like this... if others learn about this, you will lose face!

Yang: First of all, I don't know what a cultivator is. Secondly, I don't care about prestige!

Mig: But!

Yang: Now take some rest; I will watch the fire so we won't catch a cold!

Mig: A... alright.

 

Yang stood up and walked back to the furnace, and put one more log onto it, and then sat back to where he stood up to see Mig.

 

Yang: I feel so fucking calm!! What happened to me??!! It almost feels like I am not in my own body!

 

Time slowly went by, and from time to time, Yang placed one piece of chopped log into the furnace to keep the fire up. Then, out of the blue, Yang's heart skipped a beat because he heard a strange sound. Hearing that sound, he instantly jumped up and looked around.

 

???: Please... Come... Quickly....

Yang: What? WHo's there?!

Mig: W-what are you talking about?

???: Quick, please.

Yang: Can't you hear that? It's as if someone is talking.

Mig: I can't hear anything!

Yang: I will go and take a look; you stay here and please look after the fire.

Mig: But I still can't hear anything.

 

Yang grabbed his axe and left the house. As he stepped into the rain, he looked around, and he started walking forward carefully. As Yang was walking, he heard some sort of quiet noise, so he stopped and looked around but couldn't find anything. He used his left hand to wipe his face, but after he moved his hand away from his face, he ceased to be able to move, almost as if he was petrified. He was staring at his hand and tried to move, but nothing happened; the only thing he could do was blink and breath, nothing else.

 

He didn't know how long he was stuck there, but a bolt of lightning hit the ground not far from him, igniting a tree that was instantly put out by the rain. Unfortunately, the moment the fire stopped, another bolt of lightning struck, but this one hit Yang, and it was continuously striking him.

 

Yang could see his flesh as it burned and could see his skeletal structure through his flesh and skin. Yang wanted to scream, but he couldn't speak; instead, he fell and suffered.

 

Yang: It seems lightning is my weakness; I will die from them every time...

6