Chapter 36
12 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After the statue jumped onto Yang's back, the figure kicked him away but rushed after him. As Yang was sliding on the ground, he opened his palm with the burned winger and slightly raised it, pointing at the destroyed ball on the other side of the room.

 

The statue stepped onto Yang's hand then lifted him up by the neck. The beaten Yang looked into the statue's eyes and punched its chest with his injured hand while it was opened. The figure grabbed Yang's opened palm and pushed it back to his chest, but then, something penetrated his chest and flew into Yang's grip.

 

It was the destroyed axe, but the weapon was different. It had a brand new head which was glimmering blue. Its handle was made of bone instead of wood. Yang instantly used the axe to free himself and cut the hand of the statue down, then used his healthy leg to kick himself away.

 

Statue: Soul weapon??!!

 

Yang fell after he gained some distance but stood up using only his uninjured leg. Yang grabbed the weapon with both of his hands and threw the weapon at the statute. The statue dodged, but the axe damaged its shoulder. The axe flung back to Yang after injuring the statue's shoulder. Also, the figure started running towards Yang.

 

Yang swung his axe to cleave the statue, but his hand was stopped, and then he was bashed in the face, which made him do a flip. Yang had no choice but to try and stop, but it gave another opening that the statue exploited; punching Yang once again. On the other hand, Yang managed to slice the statue's stomach with his axe despite being hit.

 

The statue initiated a barrage of punches, and Yang had no choice but to grab his axe with both of his hands and use it to block. With each blow, he was pushed back, and since his left leg was injured, he couldN't use it properly. He was standing on his right leg and tried to stop with his injured leg, but it ended up piercing his skin, and his blue bone was bow clearly visible.

 

As Yang was blocking, he started to realise that if the statue punched the axe's head, its hand was damaged. However, since the statue didn't feel any pain and focused on punching as fast and as hard as possible, it couldn't notice its hand getting damaged.

 

Yaang: It is weak to my axe... but why? It doesn't matter; I finally have a way to destroy it, even if it takes quite some time!

 

Yang was trying to block the incoming punches with the axe's head, although sometimes he wasn't fast, still, he managed to block more with the metal part of the axe than with the rod. As the fight dragged on, Yang was slowly pushed further and further from the destroyed sphere.

 

Yang: Just a little more! Almost! Almost!

 

Yang was so focused on blocking with the head of the axe that he was almost kicked, but in the end, he blocked the statue's kick with the axe. And with the next punch of the statue, its fingers cracked and crumbled. Seeing this the Yang's opponent was delayed, and Yang struck his axe into the statue's head as hard as he could. The axe got stuck in the statue's head, and the figure instantly kicked Yang away. Yang flew a few meters and stood up with shaking legs.

 

As Yang looked back at the statue, and he was relieved that the statue was no longer moving as the axe was stuck in its head. The surface of the statue's head started to crack and fell, reviling a red core underneath, which was the reason why the axe was stopped.

 

Statue: Your strength proven you have! Still, one more trial remains to be faced!

Yang: If it means I can finally leave this fucking place, I am ready!

 

The axe was blaster towards Yang, and once it hit the ground right next to Yang's healthy leg, and stuck in the ground. On the other hand, the statue disintegrated except for the red core, which started releasing the same red mist the spere did. And as the mist was leaking, the red orb was continuously shrinking. Once it was half of its original size, it flew at Yang's chest, dragging all the mist it dumped.

 

The mist covered Yang, and the orb hit Yang's chest and started spinning. Yang instantly grabbed the object, but it only achieved one thing, and that was injuri9ng Yang's hands. The core was continuously increasing its speed and was drilling Yang's chest. Yang started vomiting blood and tried to stop the object with all of his might, but he only achieved that his palm lost off of its flesh and skin, and the already red object was painted red by Yang's blood, which was instantly splashed away.

 

Yang glanced at the axe and called it with his left hand, but the axe didn't move at all. Yang could only see his skeleton in the axe. His ribs were filled with red cracks as the red core was drilling into his chest, and he could notice a very tiny, barely visible black dot somewhere around his heart, which was attracting some of the red mist from within his body.

 

Soon as he was looking at his reflection, his ribs gave up and broke, and the red core entered his chest. Yang lost consciousness and fell onto his back. And once the orb was ultimately in his body, it stopped spinning.

1