[V1-Prologue]. The New Era
42 2 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Prologue Arc. The Astron Tragedy


Prologue. The New Era
Old Modern Year 2024 — Tokyo, Japan
<undefined>

“Huh…”

 

“Did your boyfriend text you?”

 

Two young girls talked outside a café in the brightest time of the modern century—technology was striving, blockchains and cryptocurrency were at their mightiest peak and the public had become richer than before as Artificial Intelligence flourished.

 

“No… It seems to be some sort of new scam today.”

 

The one earlier responded, turning off her mobile device as she continued to sip on her coffee before, out of the blue, loud sirens rang throughout the entire country. It was an ominous siren that all Japanese understood, most people didn’t waste a single moment upon hearing the siren and ran inside buildings.

 

—But unlike what they had expected, it wasn’t a tsunami that was coming… it was worse than a tsunami. And before they could comprehend what was happening, screams erupted from all over the place as the skies were covered in a purple, orange, and blue haze.

 

“Wha… what is that?!”

The two girls stared at the skies as whirlpools in the skies started to appear with silhouettes falling from them. None of them could understand what was happening, but all they knew was the fact that monsters started to parachute down from the skies.

 

“Wha….”

 

A kind of monster that was akin to those written in mythologies from the minotaur to dinosaurs, even hippos, wolves, and other kinds of animals but unlike traditional animals, they all have several things in common—a plain white, grid-like appearance with outlines of glowing red to pink lights and power.

 

“AAAHHHH!”

 

The monsters started to bite, slice, and rip people one after another. The once peaceful and busy streets were stalled and painted in a pool of blood, monsters started to go inside buildings and eat humans one after another.

 

In just minutes after the incident, all the world leaders flew off from their countries and into the air together with news reporters, scientists, and every other necessary people to find a solution to this chaos.

 

But amidst their flight, the sight of a beautiful lady hovering above the clouds with vines of pink and red haze wrapping around her, stretching beyond space and down to the land. She wore a dress that was akin to the universe being reflected onto her, her eyes were as if the melting sun.

 

All of the people who were watching the television couldn't believe at all what they were seeing, the world leaders were in utter silence upon the sight of her before—everything went down.

 

In the first few seconds after her appearance, the entire world went black as all ground started to explode and vanish one after another before all that was left was a crumbled world with vast empty spaces; the world was no longer round but of a weird, unexplainable shape and the lands that remained were akin to little European countries.

 

—It was the start of a new era.

3