[V1-Prologue]. The Stratson Laboratory Incident
23 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Prologue. The Stratson Laboratory Incident
Year 1002—Astron City
Stratson Laboratory

 

“Huff…. Huff…. REPORTING FROM STRATSON!”

 

A man ran with all his might, screaming at the holographic window in front of him as he looked at his back and to his front over and over again. Fear could be seen in his eyes; his hands were trembling as he ran.

 

“Station Aurora—calling to Stratson Laboratory—what issue do you have?”

“REPORT! REPORT! A PSEUDO-REGINA IS AWAKENING!”

 

“Stratson Laboratory—this is Station Aurora—please calm down and repeat the report!”

 

“HURRY UP! WE’RE GOING TO DIE HERE…!”

 

Another man who was running behind the man cried with all his might. The man at the front bit his lips before shouting at the window.

 

“REPORTING FROM STRATSON LABORATORY—PSEUDO-REGINA ARES IS AWAKENING! REPORTING FROM STRATSON LABORA—”

 

Before the man could continue to report, enormous amounts of Monstra Energy erupted in front of him as his entire body exploded into shards of flesh and blood. A beautiful orange-haired lady akin to that of a phantom stood in front of him with a noble white dress with golden accents.

 

“STRATSON LABORATORY—STRATSON LABORATORY, ARE YOU THERE?! THIS IS STATION AURORA CALLING! RESPOND!”

 

No voice responded to the calls of the Station. Both bodies of the men were no longer there, mere pieces of flesh and blood replaced their bodies as blood tainted the beautiful lady’s cheeks.

 

“Have you suffered long enough, dear girl?”

 

A mystic voice whispered throughout the dim hallway, the figure of a beautiful phantom similar to the beautiful lady appeared. Her skin was smoother and silkier than any model, she was identical to the beautiful lady except for one part—her bright golden eyes.

 

“Humans have tortured their own kind for decades. A species that wishes to survive, but also desire to torture the weak for their desires—what an ironic kind of species, one clouded with greed. Don’t you think the same, o’ beautiful injured lamb?”

 

The phantom walked towards the beautiful lady who stood there with empty eyes, her hand touches the lady’s cheeks before kissing those bloodied cheeks of hers as she wraps herself around the lady.

 

“A decade of torture has torn down the very little remains of your mind. It’s time to take revenge upon those creatures that have caused all the pain that you’ve experienced… rise, Ares.”

 

Out of nowhere, the lights around the hallway flashed thousands of times before recovering as the phantom and the beautiful lady’s figures vanished as if both of them weren’t there from the start.

 

—All the personnel inside the laboratory vanished the same day, leaving no traces nor research. Video, audio and sensor recordings of the laboratory showed nothing but a plain yet peaceful laboratory that confused all authorities and investigators.

 

No matter the scale of the investigation, or the money wasted to investigate what had happened, there was one result that was consistent with all of the investigations: nothing happened.

 

A wave of confusion, fear, and chaos rumbled the once peaceful Astron City and its fellow Union members as no one could conclude as to what happened to Stratson Laboratory that day—but little did they know, a storm was brewing.

This was meant to be a two-part with the previous chapter as both makes up a thousand words. Don't worry though, the next chapters from hereon will be around two-thousand to three-thousand words. If you want to read ahead then feel free to subscribe to Patreon: https://patreon.com/mihou

3