Chapter 5
254 1 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Name: ユリ・Ann

Race: Human

HP: 37/37

MP: 511/511

Active Skills: Item Analysis Lv1, Basic Cooking Lv1

Element Skills: Fire Element Lv1, Water Element Lv1, Earth Element Lv1, Wind Element Lv1, Light Element Lv1, Dark Element Lv1

Magic Skills: Shooting Magic Lv1, Healing Magic Lv1, Area Magic Lv1, Support Magic Lv1, Hindering Magic Lv1

Passive Skills: Kalensha Language, Old Kalensha Language

…What?

Okay, first thing's first, it has my name right, which is nice. Race: Human. Yes, accurate for this form. HP and MP… what happened? My HP went way down, which makes sense because I can't take nearly as much as my vampire side, but the difference just makes me think about the fragility of the human race…

…Aside from that, my MP is way higher than it used to be. Are humans just that much better at magic than vampires, or is it something else? My Blood Absorb Skill is gone now. Makes sense as I can't use it as my human side.

I suppose this shows that Ann・ユリ and I really are different people. To be honest, there was a bit of doubt about that.


"We've arrived."

We came into what seemed like a somewhat large underground… room, I guess. There was a rectangle dirt floor in the middle surrounded by a bit raised wooden floor around it; the walls and the ceiling were made out of stone with a bunch of training equipment by them. There were a few people here, but nobody was in the middle rectangle at the moment.

"Here, you're going to be tested on your capability as an adventurer. Please enter the center area."

I did so, although I was rather nervous about this all. After I did, an adult-sized humanlike doll appeared on the other side of the dirt rectangle. It had a staff similar to mine.

"I'll be observing your combat ability here against that doll. It will act once you attack. Do so when you're ready."

I nodded, then put myself into a combat stance with the staff out.

Obtained skills: Staff Weapon Proficiency, Stable Footing

Seems my previous skills carry over as Skills in this world, although only when I demonstrate it, I guess? In my many years, I do have some combat experience. Let's see what I can do.

First things first, my biggest advantage is my MP, so I should use lots of magic. I combined a bunch of my elements and magic Skills together to create a variety of spells. That said, with my staff's bonus, I should focus on the Dark element. Unfortunately, although I know a bit of how Shooting works, the others are less clear, although I could guess with Healing at least. My little bit of HP could make that difficult to use, so I decided to mostly focus on the Dark Shot spell.

"Yuri-Ann?" I heard Yaten's voice, then turned to face him. "Are you okay? You don't have to do this if you don't want to, we can find something else…"

"I'm fine." I turned my focus towards the foe. "I can do this."


I started with some Dark Shots, which created balls of… darkness, and shot them towards the doll. The doll reacted quickly, dodged the attacks, and started closing up towards me. I guess such simple, direct attacks won't work here. Well, still have a bit of time before it's weapon against weapon, let's try something before that.

I fired a few more Dark Shots, this time trying to control them through will. I managed to get them to curve through the air, which had the doll needing to use its staff to deflect them. Well, this is an improvement.

We clashed with our staves, but I realised how much the doll outclassed me in physical strength, so I moved away quickly. Despite my low strength, the doll really didn't seem very keen on getting hit, so some attacks on my part helped keep a bit of distance.

The fight became mostly our staves hitting each other, but I knew my stamina wouldn't hold on long at this rate. I started using Dark Shots with my attacks and noticed I can summon them to be shot from anywhere within a certain distance of my body, and that my staff counted as a part of my body for this. I took advantage of this best I can and was starting to push back the doll, and even getting some hits in.

I advanced, firing more and more Dark Shots at the doll and getting more hits in. But then my body suddenly… stopped. I got hit by the doll, a soft hit, but it was enough to take me down.

"Stop." I heard Xedne command.

Obtained Skills: Acrobatics, Battle Awareness,
Magic Control, Multi Magic, Extended Mana Pool, Improved Mana Regeneration

Increased Skills: Stable Footing, Acrobatics, Battle Awareness, Staff Weapon Proficiency,
Dark Element, Shooting Magic

Some notifications appeared just as I heard her command. I slowly got up to a sitting position; moving my body felt much slower and difficult than usual.

"I can't tell if you're a rookie or a veteran with that fight."

Is that good or bad? "Di-did I fail?"

"You pass, but please learn how to manage your mana and better use magic. You can fight well, but it's like you've never used magic before."

"Not before yesterday. I didn't even know magic was a thing before coming into this world."

… 

I quickly covered my mouth after realising what I just said. Today has been rather wearing me out. Sue me.

"You're coming with me." Xedne picked me up and put me under her arm.. Yaten seemed confused by the sudden action, I guess he wasn't close enough to have heard what I said. "Yaten, I'm going to talk to the little one in private."

Ended up holding this chapter back a bit so that I can write the next one and I can make sure they flow together. Going to write a bunch about system stuff for the next few chapters so please forgive my indulgence.

I don't really like protagonists of these sorts of stories keeping secrets like having come from another world for too long, so it's not happening here. At least to this one person.

8