Chapter 13
217 0 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I ended up revealing myself as I beeped out the word "Me". The three showed surprise on their faces.

"Wait, what just happened?" Yaten asked.

"In favor of expedience, could you disable your Hide Status Skill if you have it?" Xedne asked.

I looked through my status page and found I could toggle it, so I turned it off for the time being.

Xedne and Kala were looking at me closely. "Her name is different, 'Ann-Yuri'. Also what's this 'Vampire' here? I haven't heard of it before."

"Vampires are an old, extinct race that only come up in old history books." Xedne explained. "They were also called 'blood-sucking demons'."

"'Demon', you mean like the Demon Lord?" Yaten asked.

"No. 'Demon Lord' is actually a misnomer, the Demon Lord isn't a demon nor does she command demons. She was initially mistaken for one after all of the demons went extinct and the title stuck."

"If all of the demons went extinct, how is she here?" Kala asked.

"I suppose they didn't go extinct in the other world."

"Ah, right." Kala looked towards me again. "I'm seeing a bunch of Skills here I've never heard of before. Are these Skills for vampires?"

"Probably. Vampires were known for drinking the blood of others. I suppose that explains the peculiar condition of that corpse."

"Wait. Did you suck out Letat's blood?" 

Kala was looking at me kinda angry. I beeped, · , and nodded.

"Why?!"

I beeped. "Food."

Hearing the translation of the beeps from Xedne didn't cool Kala's rage. "So us humans are just food to you?"

I shook my head. · · .

Xedne took over. "You need to drink blood to survive?"

I nodded. · .

"Does it need to be human blood."

I shook my head. · · .

"Then why?" Kala was still angry.

"Were you unable to find other sources at the time?" Xedne asked.

I nodded. · .

"That doesn't… argh!"

"Do you gain the Skills of those blood you've consumed?" That question surprised Kala, who turned to look at me.

I can't really hide anything from these people even if I wanted to. That said, maybe they'll give me some blood if so? …That seems a bit too hopelessly optimistic, but I nodded anyways. · .

Kala just visibly enraged. "Calm down Kala, she's not taking anything from their soul. Here." Xedne took a knife and made a cut on her arm. I watched as her blood fell into a cup below. With what seemed like a healing spell, the cut was gone. "Here, take a drink." She handed me the cup.

Well, it wasn't much, but I was hungry. If they offered, there's no reason I should have qualms taking it. I drank, as Kala looked at me with a bit of a shocked face. I still had notifications paused so I couldn't see if I got anything from this.

"There, she got my Improved Organization Skill. I still have it myself and I don't feel any different. My soul is fine."

"But if she goes around killing people and taking their blood, wouldn't she become a big threat?"

"And because she might become a big threat, what do you want to do? Kill her? I'm doing this because you agreed to take care of her, but that's not going to happen unless you can trust her. So far, she has killed a lot of people, but that's because they kidnapped her. She took out a Hidden Hand hideout and saved a bunch of kids. She even avenged Latet's death."

"…What was that last part?"

"The weapon used to kill Latet was found in the hideout. The owner is dead, killed by Ann-Yuri here."

"I… see." Kala went into deep thought. Then she turned to me. "I'm sorry. I was suspicious and wasn't treating you right."

I simply nodded in response. I'm sorta used to people being suspicious of me, being a vampire after all.

"Okay, what's next?" Yaten asked.

"I got, well, Yuri-Ann some clothing she could use in her room. Her… otherworldly clothes might stand out too much, not to mention the blood stains. After that, I think the two of you can show Ann-Yuri here about hunting monsters in the area. She seems more than capable in this vampire form. How does that sound?"

Kala and Yaten seems to think it was a fine idea. I had an issue though, and I turned to my human form.

"Can you just change whenever?" · "How does it work, exactly?" Xedne was rather curious.

I beeped out an explanation. "I can change between my two selves whenever I want, but I'll get tired if I stay in one form too long and direct sunlight hurts for my vampire self, so I'm usually human during the day and vampire during the night."

Xedne translated for the others. "I suppose it would be a problem for you to go outdoors as your vampire self. This could be a good opportunity to train your human self. With your low HP, Barrier Magic Skill will be useful. I'll get you to learn it before you go after you get changed."

· . I nodded and was led back into my room, where there were some clothes of more local flavour awaiting. Not really as comfortable as my… otherworldly clothes, but they worked fine. As I changed, I decided to finally check out my notifications and my stats.

I'm not good at writing dialogue. I sorta intended to have more backstory stuff here, but the light bits still works, I suppose.

This sort of thing just takes a while to write. With practice, I suppose I'll get better, but until then, it's kinda annoying. Next chapter will also probably take a while, but I like game stats stuff.

Looking at my the story stats, I have more than 50 people who read from the beginning to end(Assuming they read the story linearly from the beginning). That feels… like quite a number to me. Like, 50 people is a lot of people, and that many has read this up to this point, it's amazing. Thank you for reading, really. If there's anything anybody wants to say, feel free to comment.

9