Chapter 17
163 1 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"You feel rested enough to go now?" I nodded with a beep. · . It's been a little while and I'm ready now.

"We can go to the alchemist's first." Kala continued. "Would be a good idea for you to keep at least one healing potion with you." · . "Are you going to be okay with that bag of yours? I can't make heads or tails out of it." · .

I decided to show off my bag and its many pockets, buckles, and zippers and such. It's a modern, high tech bag, although it doesn't have any electrical components. It's still just a bag, afterall.

"These things you can pull to open and close the pockets seems rather convenient. Not sure you need so many pockets though. What's this made out of anyways?"

How do I even describe polyester to someone of this world? …How would I even describe polyester to someone of my old world? . I just shrugged.

I've barely used this bag, I don't really go out much. I bought it because I've needed a good bag in the past and I found a good bag, but to be honest, it was a bit of a waste of money. Well, until I've come here anyways. Maybe I can sell information about this bag's technology when I see Xedne next.


We reached the alchemist's shop, there were various strong smells inside. There was mostly just a counter and I could see some healing sachets for sale on the side. A man came out of the back room after we entered. "Welcome. What can I do for you?"

"Hello. This girl here could use a bottle of healing potion."

He took a close look at me. "Isn't this girl a little young for an outer?"

"I can assure you she's proven herself. That said, a bit of assurance can't hurt."

"…Fine, you paying for her?"

"She's capable of paying for herself."

The alchemist examined me. "You understand how this stuff works?" I shook my head. "…Right. It's not too complicated. I can get you a bottle of healing potion for a single gold. Once you're done with that, bring back the bottle and I can refill it for ten silver. Those healing sachets are much cheaper, ten copper each, although it seems you already have one."

I nodded. Not too complicated, although as Kala said before, these potions are expensive. I gave him a gold coin and he nodded and went into the back. He soon came out again holding a small bottle of a yellow liquid. I guess it's not red. "Don't lose or break this bottle, you hear, or it'll be another gold if you want another one."

I nodded, then bowed goodbye before I exited the shop with Kala.


Next was a clothing shop. Because I needed clothes, apparently. Casual clothes more specifically. Wearing armour all the time apparently isn't that great.

…This trip wasn't as bad as I feared. I ended up getting a couple of dresses and a few things to wear on top due to the weather getting colder. I wore it out of the shop, putting the armour I was wearing into my bag. Next was… the cobbler's. Right, these adventuring boots don't really fit this dress anymore. Part of what makes fashion expensive is that when you get one piece, it can make the other pieces not match, so you need to get the other pieces until you have an outfit that matches. Or something. I remember playing a video game about it.

After we were done with the hatter's, we travelled back to the guild, although we weren't finished buying things. There were a few other things that were useful to have when adventuring, like a waterskin, some rope, a knife, and a blanket for sleeping. Thankfully, everything, including the extra clothing, fit fine into my bag or attached around it.

It soon became dinner time and we met with Yaten in the diner area, who complimented my new clothes. It's been a long time since I've been complimented on my appearance, I think, unless you include 'creepy' as a compliment.


After dinner, I was called back to Xedne's office. There was a rather conspicuous jug there.

"I hope you enjoyed your dinner. I have a meal for your other self here." I nodded with a · .

Then I was here.

I opened the jug and started drinking the blood there.

Skill "Blood Absorb" results

Obtained skill: Calling Voice.

Increased skill: Heightened Senses.

Obtained option: Telescopic Vision(Heightened Senses)

Huh, I can get skills from monsters too. Calling Voice can help call for others with my voice… useless, particularly since I can't use my voice. The others are nice, however.

"Can you get Skills from monsters as well?" · . I was still in the middle of drinking, so I couldn't quite nod. "I see."

While I was still drinking, I beeped out a question. "Why do we have waterskins if we have water magic?"

Xedne smiled. "Where do you think the water for water magic comes from?" . I dunno, I thought it was, well, magic. "You have each of the elements within your mana. When you use them, your mana containing the element becomes the magic and spells you cast. After a while, your mana will start replenishing the lost element from your body. With fire, you lose heat and become cold, with wind, you become short of breath. With earth, you'll become hungry, and with water, parched. Rarely, people will die from using too much of a single element at once, so be careful about that. Since water magic will make you parched later, it can at most, only delay thirst."

Okay, makes sense. Everything comes from somewhere. "What about the other elements?"

"The combination elements, ice, lightning, plant, and metal, are the same as their component parts. Ice will make you both thirsty and short on breath, for example. Light and dark are a bit different. Light will dull your senses, while dark will make you tired. I know you like using dark magic, but do be careful. That is likely why you fell asleep after the kidnapping incident."

Yes, I'll be more careful. In exchange for the information, I told Xedne more about the bag I have. The basic ideas behind velcro, zipper, and buckle designs, and how weight distribution works. It seems most bags in this world are still pretty simple, but these ideas can hopefully help people be more comfortable.

…I hope I'm not causing major issues with this.

I, uh… made some minor retcons in some of the previous chapters. Well, it's entirely about skills and such, I forgot to include some of the skills the character got earlier in one chapter, and I also changed one little thing about the skills in chapter 2. It isn't really too important, but I thought I'd give a bit of a heads-up.

In other news, I think the new character, who will be… checking the poll, an oni, will appear starting in the next chapter. Since the oni and the tengu were tied for a while, I might do something with that. I think it's been a decent amount of time for the poll. It's been, what, and entire… four… days?

Am I going through this too quickly? Been thinking it was, like, a week. Maybe I should write another story and just alternate or something. What do folks think about that?

In any case, thank you for reading.

7