Chapter 0: I think I died
3k 20 75
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Nothing.

 

Fear, Strangeness, Doubt. For some reason I can't feel anything about the situation I'm in. 

 

Absolute darkness is the only thing in front of me, while I can feel that I'm in the middle of a viscous liquid but I don't feel that I'm going to drown.

 

Wait, wait a minute! 

 

Let's recapitulate what I remember so far:

 

My life has been pretty average until now, that of a simple worker you would see anywhere.

After graduating I entered the local college and got a job in a big trading company in town.

After a few years I managed to get promoted to department director and have been living in this position until now, a very satisfying career I would say?

But none of that matters anymore...

The last thing I remember is that I had fired one of the company's employees for not meeting the productivity expected by the superiors. 

He was crying a lot when I told him about the dismissal, saying that he had children and could not afford to lose a job again.

Although I particularly never had children, I confess that I felt a little sorry for him, but rules are rules, we were not a charity organization but a company. In the end I upheld the management's decision and sent him away personally.

When I finished work I left the company building and went home.

As I was walking down the street I stopped to wait for the traffic light along with the crowd in the city center.

Before I could do anything I felt something on my back, when I realized I had been pushed into the middle of the street and to my bad luck a truck was coming towards me.

I once read on the internet that when we know we are going to die our brain speeds up our senses making us feel like we are seeing everything in slow motion but I never thought I would feel this myself.

The last thing I saw was the employee I had fired looking at me with a bizarre mixture of fear and contempt while my hands were outstretched and the sound of the speeding truck hitting me.

75