Chapter 3.5: Investigation of the missing goblins
1.9k 5 56
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hey guys, what's up? This is just a kind of "side story" of the previous chapter showing their side so if you want you can skip this chapter because the understanding of the story will remain the same.

In the next chapter our dear MC will finally learn how to use magic so I'm really looking forward to write it XD (But first I have to sleep)

Anyway, thanks for following along.

 

Goburo - POV

"Boss is horrible, a catastrophe!"

As I was taking a break from eating, one of my subordinates comes running helplessly up to me.

"Hey calm down Gobu, tell me what happened" 

"Sobu, he hasn't come back yet, he said he was going to go hunting nearby and hasn't come back so far, others went looking for them but none came back"

"No survivors?"

"Not a single one"

That is strange, even if some monster attacked it is not possible that none of them escaped.

"Thanks for telling me, believe me we will find them! Gobu"

I place my hand on his head to calm him down and send him home to rest for a while.


After a while I am at the house of the elder of our village to discuss what we will do.

"Hmm, I wonder if they weren't unlucky enough to run into a group of humans?"

"Impossible Gobu, the place they were at was in the densest area of the forest, for humans to get there they would have to face several monsters of rank C or higher"

"Well put, maybe one of the monsters have gone crazy?"

I make a bitter face with my face and the elder understands my answer.

Since we are goblins we are not vitiated by any particular predator, not even humans want us since our bodies don't have anything very valuable so if we leave them alone they don't bother us either.

So this location is prime for us goblins, which shows how strange the situation is.

"Well, standing here speculating won't help, Gobu. Do I have your permission to investigate?"

"Obvious, but be careful we can't afford to lose you" Says the elder looking at me seriously

"Don't be ridiculous gobu. I still have plenty of meat to eat along with you before I die"

We both then shook hands and I began preparations for the investigation.


"Hey boss, I found another one

"Here too" 

I gathered 4 of my best subordinates and we started to search the surroundings and the scene I saw was jaw-dropping.

A sea of dead people.

Not just goblins but monster bodies everywhere being killed indiscriminately.

"Hey boss look here" 

One of the goblins calls out to me and in an open area was the body of a single goblin.

"Sobu..."

His death seems to have been different, while the others seem to have been hit by something his body was cut cleanly at the neck.

What kind of being would do something like that?

"Fuhaa!!!" 

We heard a loud scream coming from nearby and started running towards the sound.

"You bastard, no matter who you are we're going to kill you! Gobu. Isn't that right guys?!"

""Yes!""

Arriving on the scene as expected we saw a fire gorilla, this power I don't understand how but surely it must have been him!

We hide in the bushes and wait for the target to move.

A rock hits the fire gorilla in the head and he is clearly annoyed by this. What kind of stupid person would do that?

"Oh, Finally someone interesting" Says a cute, juvenile voice coming out of the middle of the forest.

What we are seeing is a.... Human girl? 

She was totally naked and looked peaceful as she looked at the angry gorilla.

Does this girl have a screw loose in her head?

"Let's wait for him to crush her and then we attack, Gobu.

I say very low so they don't notice us and continue observing the situation.

"Fuhaa" 

The gorilla then makes the initial advance but the little girl just stands there mumbling something, probably frozen with fear.

She then has her body crushed by the gorilla's hand.

"Shall we go now?" Asks one of my subordinates already heading to attack, however I stop him from leaving with my hand. 

Something is wrong, there was no sound of a scream or her body being broken.

"Look, you need more than this to kill me, you know.

The girl then appears on the other side in the blink of an eye.

I couldn't even keep up with my eyes but what's worse is that I don't feel any magic coming from her.

That means it was pure speed.

Who the hell is this girl? 

The fight continues but it's hard to call it a fight, she just keeps dodging like she's playing with the gorilla.

"This is already getting prolonged" 

When she says this you can see wings on her back like a butterfly.

Is she a fairy? 

It's the first time I've seen one up close but elder said they are docile beings who just wander around wanting to play, only fighting with magic to protect themselves.

The Fairy then jumps up to the top of the fire gorilla's body and turns its head with her bare hands and starts smiling as if satisfied.

Seeing the whole situation I can do nothing but stare at him.

A demon in the form of a human child.

The one who killed our colleagues was not the fire gorilla or any other monster but her.

"Damn it Gobu, Robu do you still have that meal we saved?"

Robu, one of my subordinates who was watching along with us took

Robu, one of my subordinates who was watching along with us takes some animals that we were keeping as a meal out of his backpack.

"Just follow me and do what I do Gobu"

I am a warrior but more important than my pride is the survival of my friends so...

I get close to the little fairy and duck down doing the only thing I can think in this situation.

"I beg you, have pi-piety gobu!"


After we gave up we somehow managed to make peace with her and make her promise not to kill anyone from our tribe. I thought that some sacrifice would be necessary but she just asked us for a few.

Some were so trivial that I wonder if she hit her head somewhere and others about what kind of place we are.

She talks to the goblins quietly without any fear, although from their perception we must be no different than cockroaches.

We decide it's best to take her to the elder, I have my doubts if he can beat her but it's our best chance at the moment so we go with this plan.

If we fought that fire gorilla we might win, but with a lot of effort, and it wouldn't be surprising if one or two of us died in the process, but she killed him as if it were natural, with pure brute force.

It gives me goose bumps just to think what would happen if this girl fought for real using magic.

I will keep an eye on her but for now she doesn't seem to offer any kind of danger.


Elder - POV

Someone knocks on my front door.

"Frankly, I was just enjoying my afternoon tea so this better be good news.

I'm already full of problems these days, I feel like I'm going to explode with so many tasks.

When I opened the door Goburo was there together with his friends, it seems that they have finished the investigation that I had asked for permission to do

"Oh, I see you have finally arrived, have you managed to find out what it is that is bothering us?"

"About that..." Goburo then points to the side and what I see is a human girl, she was staring at my beautiful muscles, maybe she is fascinated with how much I have cultivated my body.

Still, to capture such a small girl...what do you think you are doing?

"I never thought you would stoop so low as to kidnap a child, Goburo. I guess I didn't teach you good manners properly."

I have known Goburo from the time he was a little goblin to the time he evolved into a hobgoblin but to think that he cultivated that kind of taste....

I crouch down and get close to the girl but she doesn't seem to be afraid of the situation just having a confused expression on her face.

"Of course not, Gobu!"

Goburo then protests and picks the girl up on his lap pointing at her back.

"That's right, she has wings, no doubt she's a fairy!" protests the other goblin.

Fairy?

What nonsense they are talking about, I can't feel an iota of magic from this girl, what kind of fairy is this?

"Hmm, I don't understand the situation, come in and explain it to me better" 


What nonsense I am hearing now.

I thought the worst joke I would hear today is about a fairy who can't even use magic but they tell me that not only is she the one who killed the goblins but she even killed one of the fire gorillas living nearby, all by herself.

Who does this girl think she is? Okay, let's play on her game then.

I tell Goburo to leave and it's just me and this girl in the room.

"These kids these days are pretty bold, do you think you can come here and go around killing my classmates?"

I activate my aura causing the pressure exerted on her to increase, let's see how long you can stand it before you start to despair of pain!

I start by releasing little but she doesn't even seem to have noticed, that means she at least has a little strength.

Let's see how she does with half my mana being released!

The supposed fairy raises her eyebrow finally realizing my magic but only just.

How is that possible? That alone should be enough to at least make a mountain gorilla faint but she didn't even feel it.

Okay, I admit, she's not just anyone.

"I see you're not just anyone, so how about this!"

Out of pride I release all the mana contained in me, this technique is totally inefficient as it only makes the enemy uncomfortable but should at the very least make even a small dragon stagger.

1, 2, 3 seconds pass, so what do you say?

"That's nice, this one could even be used for washing clothes, maybe" says the girl as if mocking what happened.

Impossible, impossible.

This is not a fairy, not even a human, this is a demon in the form of a child.

Admitting my defeat I raise my arms and proclaim.

"I SURRENDER!!!"

56