Chapter 6: The fermented drink plan
1.5k 8 56
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"N-no, i'll pass thanks

"Really? it's a shame" says Melisa as she licks her fingers smiling at me.

No way, I will keep my purity until the end of time!

"Have you finished your little show? We're almost there" Arch comes in looking a little angry at the situation.

"Hey, what happened? Gobu I can't take you guys out of my sight for a second" Goburo also arrives while eating a skewer of meat.

"Nothing, it's already taken care of, right melisa?"

"That's right. Awnt, you are so cute wanting to look adult and responsible" 

Melisa tries to hug me again but I dodge and punch her in the back of the head.

"Why..." She says with watery eyes.

"Melisa-sama, so that's where you were!"

Another woman appears, she also had horns and a tail just like Melisa but had a much more modest body, she wore a pair of glasses with her hair tied up.

The woman then takes Melisa by the collar of her dress and drags her through town.

"Come on Melisa-Sama, the meeting should start now"

"No, I don't want to see that disgusting pig!" Says Melisa as she cries like a baby.

These people are strange...


We arrived at a castle in the middle of the city, it was made of stone and had a rather messy architecture with some irregular areas here and there but it had its own beauty like a barbarian fortress.

The place around the castle was crowded with people, unless it is a small village like the goblin village people don't know who the leaders are, not even their own race, let alone others, so this is a unique opportunity.

"Make room for the great Morgan! One of the orc guards says opening the castle gates.

What came out was a gigantic Orc wearing a red royal robe and a crown, as much as he had the face of a pig he had a serious and serene expression on his face.

 "Ladies and gentlemen, we are once again gathered here to celebrate the peace and unity of all the territories of the forest, I know we have our differences but I am proud to say that we will strive to maintain this stability that we all achieved with blood and sweat..." Says Morgan and then continues with his presentation.

"...So now we introduce each of the leaders who have given us the grace of their presence!"

"Haha what an audience we have here!" As that voice echoed, a sort of black portal appeared next to the Orc King and out of it came a skeleton wearing a black cloak while holding a staff and two zombies appeared soon after.

"Then I present you Garlin, the representative of the living dead!"

"Oooooh!" The audience cheers but especially the skeletons and zombies who were looking on, it seems he is quite popular.

"Garlin-dono, long time no see, glad you came"

"I've been a little busy with some things at the ruin but I couldn't miss this event"

The two then greet each other with their hands.

The [Ultimate Lich] Garlin, he controls the ruins at the bottom of the forest and consequently all the living dead who live off the miasma of the place to survive. 

While we were coming here Sir Arch gave me a little information about each of the leaders that were coming today, but speaking of him...

"Mister Elder, where did Arch go?"

"I don't know, he was here just now" says Mister Elder scratching his head.

"Hey, who are you? Get back to your seat!"  One of the guards yells at a hooded man who just walks to the gate.

"Don't worry, let him through" Says the Orc King to the guards who were stopping the man.

""Y-yes!!!""

"Unfortunately, the current leader of the Kobolds cannot come but he has given us the grace to send his faithful partner to attend. I present to you Arch!"

Arch then takes off his hood revealing himself and looking at the audience.

People then clap and I clap along with them following the beat.

"Looks like it's our turn now" Says Mister Elder.

"Well then I'll go there" I flap my wings taking off to go to where Arch is but Mister Elder pulls me by the foot back to the surface.

"Where do you think you are going?"

"To the gate, whoa, aren't we supposed to go?"

"No, no, we have to go in style"

"Don't tell me you're going..." Goburo says looking like he is afraid of something.

Lord Elder just smiles at the comment and then places me and goburo on his lap.

"Come on!!!" 

Lord Elder then jumps into the crowd.

Poff!

We fall down making dust rise from the side of King Orch and the Lich who don't mind the scene one bit.

Before I fall I let go and manage to float away without falling to the ground, goburo was not so lucky but Mr. Elder manages to hold him up and stands goburo up but he is totally frozen in fear for a few seconds.

"Noburo-Dono, haha, flashy as always!" The Orc King just laughs at the situation and pounds his fists together with lord elder as length.

"Oooooh" The crowd cheers our arrival.

"Isn't that the girl who was making a mess in the street just now?" says a zombie in the middle of the audience looking at me.

Hey, I heard that!

"Can I join in on the fun?" A figure appears on the floor and Melisa and her partner appear on the stage, exiting the stage in an irreverent manner.

"Melisa! Beautiful as always" says the Orc King to Melisa

"Hello old man, I see you haven't dropped dead of old age yet"

"Haha, I still have a lot to do yet before I can rest"

After that Morgan, the Orc King introduces Melisa and Lord Elder who are then applauded as well, other leaders appear like a Slime Ball and an Arpy but in much more normal ways coming out of the castle.

"So we will go in to start our conference but don't worry there will be a big event to celebrate tonight, thank you all for watching our arrival, wait for us until then" Morgan says bowing to the citizens.

Everyone then enters the castle and I go along.


"Look who's here, Noburo"

As we were walking through the palace to the meeting, a huge Orc together with two women approached us. Unlike Morgan who looked big from his muscles, this one was like a pig about to go into the oven with fat all over his body as he sounded.

What surprised me the most were the two women with him, they were for sure human teenagers, the first ones I have seen in this world, they wore maid's clothes full of frills as if they had bought them in a sexshop. Only their eyes... were totally empty, I still feel mana coming from them so I'm sure they are alive but still my intuition says that something is wrong.

It must be just my impression.

"Argh, Norman..."  Lord Elder replies to the Orc who calls himself Norman with a bitter face.

Goburo doesn't seem to like him either since he is looking the same as Lord Elder.

Norman then turns to look at me making a face nothing short of indecent making me cringe a little.

"Noburo, what a beauty you brought. H-how much do you want for it?" Says Norman fidgeting a bit as he drools.

"Huh?" Asks Lord Elder not understanding the question.

"This fairy, how much do you want for it? It's well kept, you must have paid a good amount for it." 

Is he talking about me?!

Almost by instinct I hide behind Mr. Elder's back.

"As you can see she is our companion so she is not for sale gobu" Goburo says entering the conversation.

"I am happy with your presence but can you let us pass or we will be late..." Lord Elder manifests some of his mana making Norman sweat more than he already was.

"S-sorry to bother you! Come on girls!"

Norman then takes off running and the human girls with him follow.

"Damn! Just wait a little longer..."

I hear Norman saying something but it must be just my imagination.


"Why are you still there?" Mr. Elder asks

"It's not my fault, someone will try to kidnap me!"

At the moment I am sitting on Mister Elder's shoulder, as he is quite big I can hold on quietly here.

"I pity anyone who tries Gobu" Says Goburo giving a wry smile.

"Oh you have arrived! Come, come" Melisa pulls the elder gentleman and makes him sit beside her.

"Please sit down, we're about to begin" says one of the Orc guards.

Morgan enters the room as well but... his eyes were also lifeless just like those humans, unlike the presentation where he was excited he just sits at the meeting table.

Norman also arrives along with some Orc employees who are holding trays of some kind of fermented drink.

The Orcs then hand each person on the spot a cup, including me.

"Now gentlemen, before we do this let's toast this special day" Morgan says taking a cup of the drink.

The others in the place then drink the drink including Arch and Garlin without even hesitating, do they trust the Orc king that much?

 "What a sick joke this is.... Ana, it goes without saying doesn't it?"  Melisa changes her expression also sensing that something is wrong.

"Of course, my lady" Says her subordinate who seems to be named Ana.

"That idiot, looks like they are planning something, huh" Says Mister Elder.

As the tension builds a shadow appears on the ground and what arrives on the scene was another human, unlike those girls he seems to be sane.

He was a slender man with black hair with a well trimmed mustache wearing an old suit.

"Then we will begin the forest council" says the man.

As he says this several Orcs armed with swords and bows appear.

"So gentlemen, for those of you who have not drunk our beloved gift, we would like to do this peacefully, drink up"

"Who do you think will fall for this stupid plan! Gobu"

"Kill him" 

"Wait! leave the fairy alive for me" Norman says to the guards.

One of the guards behind us tries to attack Goburo but Goburo just takes his sword and dispense a blow cutting the guard's hand.

"Gaaah" The guard screams in agony for his lost hand.

"Is that all? You'll need more than that to capture us, you know" I say to the human in the suit.

"Just watch" 

When the human said that, the place where the hand was on the guard starts to bubble and his hand sprouts back.

"How annoying, [Black Flame]" 

Melisa engulfs herself in black flames that fly up to the guards burning everyone.

"""Gahahaha"""

The guards disintegrate however returning to normal seconds later.

"Now how long can they hold out? Come on, let the games begin!"

This guy is already starting to get on my nerves.

I wrap myself in air and fly towards him.

"If we can't kill them just kill the master, right?"

I get behind the human and slash him in the neck with my dagger.

When I cut him his body simply disintegrates into black and comes back in another part of the room.

"How scary, now I understand why Noburo brought you" Says the man.

"What are you waiting for, kill them all!" Norman then shouts to the guards who go on top of us.

The problem is that the other leaders of the other races don't even move as if they were puppets, but Mr. Arch stands up.

"Mister Arch you are not affected?"

I walk up to him but Arch says nothing having the same blank eye as the others.

"Sorry..." Mister Arch says monotonously as tears appear in his eyes.

"Mister Arch..."

Arch tries to punch me but I dodge and kick him causing him to hit the wall passing out.

"Morgan what do you think you are doing?!" Lord Elder yells as he hits a guard but Morgan just sits there without any reaction.

"I knew coming here wouldn't be a good idea" Ana says and shoots a kind of black ray from her hand that electrocutes the opponents.

"I would love to stay here and see their looks of desperation but I have more things to do so... see you!"

The man then jumps into a shadow and suddenly exits the same way he entered.

"Yeah, yeah keep it up hahaha" Norman starts laughing while having a sadistic smile on his face.

Melisa continues to throw black flames at the guards and Ana keeps electrocuting them.

Goburo fights with his sword and Lord Elder just punches them with his huge hand but still the orcs just regenerate and keep attacking like machines.

That's bad, this way we're going to get tired of it sooner or later.

"What if..." I think I have an idea what to do.

I kick the guard who was attacking me and fly over the center of the room.

Just as Mr. Elder does I try to expand my mana but try not to attack my friends.

40% Puff

50% Puff

60% Puff

70% Puff 

Whenever I increase the area of my mana I hear the sound of something exploding until the space that until then was holding a bloody battle goes completely silent.

"Did I get it?"

When I open my eyes all the guards have simply exploded, so that there is pork all over the place.

The problem is that mister elder and the others seem to have fainted, I'm glad they just fainted.

"Y-you, what the hell are you?!"

For some reason Norman seems unaffected having just fallen to the ground.

"Oh, how did you survive?"

I place myself on the ground and walk over to him.

"N-no come on, get out you monster!"

"Seriously, I don't know if you're very lucky or very unlucky." I grab him by the collar of his shirt and lift him up.

"You don't understand. Without the guards that person gave me there's no way to defeat that thing, you blew it!"

"Kyaaah!"

I hear someone's voice yelling so I throw Norman who makes a "gah!" sound passing out on the spot and I run out to see what it is.

The place was packed because of the event that was about to take place.

I look up to the sky where everyone is looking and...

There was a dragon coming to invade the city.

56