Chapter 7: Fairy vs Dragon
1.5k 11 54
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

There was a dragon coming to invade the city.

Why the hell does it have to have a dragon right now?!

The Dragon was red with scales all over his body, his eyes were half-glazed as if he was angry about something.

It was already night and the place was crowded with people running everywhere.

This is bad, Mister Elder and the others are still in overdrive and I used too much of my mana in that attack.

"Look who we have here. Little girl that mana of yours was scary indeed, I almost felt alive again! Gahaha" When I look back a skeleton in a black cloak comes towards me. It was Lord Garlin.

"Were you okay?" I don't think this is the best time for formalities so I'll cut to the chase.

"Of course, you'll need more than a sham potion to control me"

"Look, I would love to question you as to why you didn't help earlier but you see, we have more important matters now. Would it at least help here?" 

I point to the huge dragon coming towards us.

"Hein, you wouldn't be thinking of facing that thing head on, right?" Says Mister Garlin looking surprised at my suggestion.

"And you have a better idea?"

"Hahaha you are right, you are interesting, unfortunately I am just an old Lich with some tricks to control dead so I can't help you, but take this"

A black shadow appears from Lord Garlin's bone hand and what came out of there was a vial with a blue liquid which he then throws to me.

"Don't worry, this is the best mana potion I have"

I'm still a little wary about all this.

Who cares, I can't just stand here, if I don't do something I'm going to die anyway.

I take the lid off the vial and take the liquid at once without hesitation.

Bang

I feel something circulate through my body and hit my heart causing me to drop to my knees.

"Good, good. Relax, it's just the beginning so you'll feel better already"

As he said after a few seconds I'm back to normal but... I feel that absorbing the mana around me is much easier.

"You're right I feel much better"

"That's the most I can do, unlike you I don't have any suicidal tendencies so I will observe the situation from afar"

As he entered Mr. Garlin just left without saying anything else.

"Run!" Says an Orc who runs beside me.

The dragon finally gets close to the town.

"Ok, let's do this" Unintentionally a small smile appears on my face.


Rooaaar!!!     roars the dragon in my direction.

At the moment I am flying in front of it.

The scales were as hard as iron and the creature's eyes were fixed on me, making me shiver a little.

Dangerous.

It's like that time with the rabbit but it looks different for some reason... why? My body trembles even more.

I'm lying to myself, I know I'm not trembling from fear.

It's excitement.

Just the thought that I'm going to fight this guy makes my blood boil.

"HAHAHA" I start to laugh unconsciously.

"Roo..."

The dragon looking disappointed turns around and uses his tail to hit me.

"NOT YET!" 

I dodge and pull my dagger from its sheath.

Let's start with the basics.

I wrap myself in air with magic circulating through my body and start attacking.

Roooaaar!

I just keep trying to cut it off by circulating it's huge body but nothing happens by just scraping its scales, what the hell is that made of?

The Dragon opens its mouth and I see a light coming out of its throat.

Fire?!

Fire comes out of its mouth covering my entire vision.

"Like I'm going to burn to death!" 

I snap my fingers and from them a gale arose covering the entire sky.

Kaboom!!

The two elements collide creating an explosion causing me to go backwards stabilizing myself in the air and so does the dragon.


Melisa - POV

"My head..." I stand up but my head still hurts.

What happened?

We had come to participate in the forest council, then that human appeared and the orcs started attacking us...

That fairy started to expand her mana and before I knew it I had already fainted. Scary, where the hell did Noburo get her? 

I look over and Ana was lying unconscious.

"Ana, wake up!"  I say shaking her.

"An? Master, what the..." 

Ana wakes up and when her mind becomes clearer I continue.

"We don't have time, Wake up Noburo and the others."

Ana doesn't understand what is happening but does as I command without question.

That Fairy, Norman and Morgan are no longer here.


(Continues of Melisa Pov)

"I don't understand anything anymore Gobu" Goburo says as he looks at the wreckage of the room we are in.

"I don't either, where did Fairy-Sama go?" Noburo asks as he sits tending Arch's body.

Arch still hasn't woken up as well as those who drank from that drink no matter how hard we tried but at least they are still breathing.

Kaboom!

A huge explosion happens outside making the whole place shake.

"What's happening?!" Noburo leaves Arch on the table and runs outside and Goburo chases after him.

"Wait there... Ana let's go!"

"Yes!"

We went outside and it was already dark by the time the event Morgan had prepared was supposed to take place so the place was crowded but all the people were looking up at the sky.

When we looked there were also two figures attacking each other like a dance performance in the air while moving at an absurd speed, one was something huge and red while the other was small and white.

Whenever the two collide an explosion of steam happens and then is awakened by a gale.

"Don't tell me that one over there is..." Noburo trembles as he looks at the fight that is going on.

In the sky the two lights finally cease after a while as the steam awakens....

What can be seen in the sky is a huge red dragon and... that fairy again?!

"Hey Noburo-kun... what exactly is this girl?"

"I'd like to know too"

No matter who wins this fight, I feel that the history of this place will change forever after this.


(Back to the MC POV)

How long has it been?

I have no idea.

Every time this dragon tries to attack with his fire I scatter as we physically collide several times.

I try to attack it one more time with the dagger in its neck.

I keep circling his neck making him finally cry out in pain.

The dragon then twitches and tries to hit me with its tail which makes me have to back off.

When we were at this stalemate the dragon pulls away and opens his mouth concentrating all remaining mana in his mouth.

"Do you want to finish now? That's great..."

"LET'S GO WITH EVERYTHING THEN!!!"

As I shout I make thousands of wind balls float that squirm toward the dragon.

From its mouth a beam of heat appears towards me and I shoot all the rest of the magic I have with these wind balls which spin until they come together creating a tornado and meet the beam.

Pooooff!

A huge vapor happens and makes me fall together with the dragon to the ground.

[You killed "Medium Fire Dragon"!]

[You have gained 14874 experience points]

It's been a long time since I've seen this screen.

When I open my eyes I see the dragon's body with its head blown off and several monsters looking at the crater I am in.

Well, what should I do in this situation?

Somehow I manage to get up and fly away standing high up again looking at the crowd.

"W-who are you?" Asks shyly an Orc on the spot.

Stopping to think about it, so far I haven't said my name. I thought about it for a while before and it doesn't make sense to use my old name, I want to make the most of my new life so from now on my name has to represent that, so from now on my name is:

"Charlotte, Charlotte Sanafort"

"""Oooohhhh!"""

Everyone starts shouting and cheering the scene.

Only after a while something quite unexpected happens.

Garlin arrives in a black portal.

"All hail our new empress, Charlotte Sanafort!"

Garlin just like that proclaims it pointing at me.

What nonsense is this decrepit skeleton talking! It's not possible that anyone would believe that... right?

As if to mock my comment everyone starts kneeling towards me.

Even Mr. Elder and Melisa who were watching the scene kneel down too.

Why?!

Hey guys, finally part 1 ends!

Our protagonist is finally recognized! 

Thank you very much for following that story.

54