Chapter 38 – A Request
2.2k 24 89
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Woah, the city looks beautiful from the inside, Master!”

Zayats looked like a little girl who got new toys. Her eyes were sparkling and she was jumping around excitedly.

We were walking in the city with Aria and Vega. Nana flew back to The Center first because she said that she had left The Center unattended for too long.

“Yeah, it’s more beautiful than I remembered.”

In the game, this city looked eerie because of the pumpkins and the buildings. The lack of light because of the crappy graphics greatly decreased this city's beauty.

However, when I saw this city with my own eyes like this, this city didn’t lack a light. Maybe because right now the sun had yet to be turned off, but this just looked like a normal city with a middle-aged European ambiance.

There was a lot, I mean, almost everyone in this city was Magical Girls.

I saw the Magical Girl that used Magia to lift her groceries, the Magical Girls that were chatting in the sky with her friends, also a rare elderly Magical Girl.

The old Magical Girl was having a hard time using Magia, they also didn’t fly. They were walking on the street with the help of their wands that turned into a walking sticks.

‘Isn’t it wrong to call them Magical Girl when they are elderly? Should I call them Magical Lady?’

Silly thought flashed my mind as I saw the old Magical Girls. They looked happy as if they had no other obligation like the other Magical Girl.

“Than you remembered? Have you been here before?” Magiya Emerald, now in her normal form as Aria asked me.

‘Ah, slip of tongue.’

I looked at Aria and smiled at her without saying anything.

If I didn’t confirm or deny it, her imagination would run wild and she would make a speculation of her own. That speculation wouldn’t affect me in any way, so I chose to be silent.

‘Her imagination will run wild and she will think that I am older than I look.’

“Nee, Zmeya. I wanted to ask this but, can I?”

The Main Character, Vega was now in her normal form too. She approached me from my side.

“Sure, ask anything.”

“You said that you are the first one to find me, what do you mean by that? Could it be, you are?”

‘So she was suspicious of me? She thought that I came from the same world as her?’

I began to think a lot of possibilities. However, maybe as expected from a naïve protagonist that had yet to meet with danger, her question was off the marks, by a lot.

“Could it be that you are the friend of Light? The Giant that turn me to Magical Girl?”

Light, the name of Giant that turned Vega to Magical Girl.

‘Come to think of it, Light was the opposite of Night. I know the Giant that I met was not the usual Giant, but could it be he’s Light’s brother? Nah, that can’t be.’

Light was not a famous Giant. No, he was a Giant that had his existence hidden from the history of the world.

‘After all, Light is Titan’s younger brother.’

If his existence was known, he would be targeted by those who hate Titan. That was why Light hid on the edge of the world and compressed his size to half of his actual size.

Even the new Magical Girl’s ability wasn’t different from each other, but their power in the latter part would be closely related to their Patron’s strength.

‘The stronger the Giant is, the stronger the Magical Girl when they could use Materialization.’

However, only two, now three Magical Girls had achieved Materialization.

“Nah, no. I don’t have a Giant that I could call a friend.”

I answered Vega with a smile. She seemed to be disappointed and shrugged her shoulder.

“Is that so? But how did you know I came from another world?”

‘She’s not as clueless as I thought.’

Vega was smart, smarter than an average person. She was naïve, yes. But that didn’t mean that she was dumb. On the contrary, she was smart and able to think rationally in almost every situation.

‘The Main Character also can guess a person’s personality and their problem faster compared to an ordinary person.’

She was sensitive to emotion, it was not strange that she noticed the emotion that I hid from the other.

That was why…

‘I will ask her to go to the second event faster. The enemy of that place is strong..’

It was not like I didn’t want to join the second event, but the only one who could clear it was Vega.

However, there was one problem.

‘That girl was strong. Vega wouldn’t be able to defeat her right now.’

“That’s a secret. However, I will tell you about it if you help me with something.” I raised my index finger to Vega.

“Sure! As long as it’s not an evil deed, I will help you!” She happily accepted without even knowing my request yet.

Aria who walked beside Vega sighed and held her head.

“Vega, I told you that you need to think twice or thrice before accepting something, right?”

“But, helping someone in need is not wrong, right?” Answered Vega with a confused expression.

Aria sighed once again and muttered.

“As long as it doesn’t break the rules, do as you please.”

“Yay! Thank you, Aria!”

Vega turned to me with a smile and then asked.

“So, how can I help you?”

I grinned at Vega and said.

“The thing is… I wanted you to go to Sod City with us after this.”

***

Vega and Aria went a separate way from us after I told her my request.

They were dumbfounded when I told her to go to Sod City instead of going back to Hydro City.

Maybe my phrasing was wrong, but it sounded like I was forcing them to follow us to Sod City.

As usual, I and Zayats were now laying on the bed in one of the hotels in Krysa City. There was an inn that was smaller than this hotel, but I was rich!

Money was not a problem. If it runs out, I could always attack some dangerous Magical Girl and loot their money.

‘Most of them are rich, so it’s easy money for me.’

While I was thinking such a thought, Zayats who was laying beside me suddenly asked.

“Master, why did you ask them to accompany us to Sod City?”

I looked at her and she had a sad expression. That expression on Zayats’s face, I recognized that.

‘She’s jealous? Fufufu, she’s so cute.’

Zayats was jealous of Vega and Aria because I asked them to accompany me.

I moved closer to Zayats and hugged her.

“I did that because there will be something interesting happening in Sod City soon. After that something is done, we will travel just the two of us again.”

Zayats finally smiled when I said that and she hugged me back.

“I see, in that case, there will be no problem. Master, please don’t abandon me, okay?”

“Never, Zayats.” My hand patted Zayats’s head. I moved it slowly and petted her, “Never.”

Zayats closed her eyes in my hug and she fell asleep.

‘You are my little servant, I will never let you go, Zayats'


5 advanced chapters on my Patréon.

Patréon: www.patreon.com/ShuviLily

Thank you!

89