Chapter 40 – Wood of Mandragora
2.1k 39 79
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

This was the first time I saw Homunculus that tend to the shop.

Honestly, the game’s homunculus only acted as guards, farmers, fishermen, or worked in a factory to produce food.

The guards’ homunculus had a set of instructions to protect a place, while farmers homunculus had a job to farm anything, everything that they ordered.

While homunculus got human’s level of intelligence, they couldn’t be compared to Humans in actual works.

Creating homunculus to tend a shop would require a lot of work. Especially if they made the homunculus with a beautiful appearance like the one that I saw now.

‘Let’s see… No homunculus tends a shop in the game. It’s interesting.’

My interest was piqued, I approached the homunculus and asked.

“Umu, I need something. Can you tell me whether the thing that I need in the shop or not?”

“Sure, what do you need?”

The homunculus answered with a smile. I smiled too and looked around for a while before I leaned my head closer to the homunculus.

The thing that I needed from the Magic Shop was a bit on the gray side. It was legal, but it was looked at with a frown by other Magical Girls.

“You see, I need Wood of Mandragora. Do you have it?”

The Wood of Mandragora, a fantasy plant that screamed after its root was pulled from the ground. The scream of Mandragora was loud enough to scare Beast and even irritated the Giant.

Normally, Mandragora only had one leaf and root that looked like a carrot with a scary face. However, old Mandragora could grow until 30cm tall.

The stalk of the Mandragora then turned hard into a rod, and the color changed into a purplish one. When its rod turned purple, the root of Mandragora had died already and it was safe to pluck it off the ground.

I was expecting to get this item in the auction, but unfortunately, the auction didn’t put the item up at that time.

So I visited this shop.

“Yes, we have that here. Do you want to create a magic item with the Wood of Mandragora? You must be a skilled crafter!” The homunculus answered with a sly smile on her face.

Right, it was seen as a crafting material. It was a crafting material for something indecent.

“Yeah, do you have it?”

“Wait a minute.” The homunculus said to me and then crouched. A few seconds later, she held a long purple Wood that had a smooth surface.

The shape of it was a bit strange, but it was something that I wanted and tried to get.

“How much was it?” I whispered to the homunculus.

“300 thousand deep coins.” Answered the Homunculus.

“I’ll take it.”

Without any delay, I gave the homunculus exactly 300 thousand deep coins and put the Woof of Mandragora inside my inventory.

I turned away and left the shop after I got what I wanted.

“Please come again!” The homunculus said from behind. I raised my thumbs up to answer her.

‘I got a nice thing.’

When I exited the Magic Shop, the sky had turned bright, the sun had been turned on.

The Magical Girl that walked on the street was now flying in the sky. Some of them were wearing robes with the same design.

It was a yellow robe with a white rose drawn on the back.

‘They are a student in the school?’

Instead of uniform, they wore a robe. The robe itself was a Magic Item that could be worn on top of Magical Girl’s clothes.

‘Maybe I should really visit the school? It seems interesting.’

While I had nothing to do except for waiting for the second event, I thought it would be interesting to visit the school and break some of the Magical Girls’ common sense.

“Well, let’s go back to Zayats first. After that, let’s visit the school.”

As I decided to visit the school, I strode back to the hotel happily.

***

When I had arrived at my hotel room, I saw Zayats crying on the bed while covering her eyes.

Her face was a mess, and she was still naked.

“Zayats?” I called out to her, and she turned to me instantly.

Tears poured out from her eyes. She moved so fast that I couldn’t react at all. She tackled me and hugged me with her naked body.

“Maassterr!! Sob, I-I thought you abandoned me here! Waaa!”

Zayats was crying loudly on top of me. Ah, I messed up.

I told her that I won’t ever abandon her, but I didn’t leave a note when I went to walk.

“Sorry Zayats, I forgot to leave a note.”

I hugged Zayats back and stroked her hair to calm her down. She was still crying on top of me.

Usually, I would be happy to be hugged by Zayats while she was naked, however, now I felt like shit.

‘It was my fault. She’s afraid.’

I kept stroking her hair until finally she calmed down and sat on top of me.

“M-master, I-I’m sorry.”

The first thing that she did was apologize. Then she raised her body from mine and sat beside me.

I looked at Zayats and sat in front of her, I stretched my hand to her cheek and stroked it gently.

“No, it’s my fault. You did nothing wrong.”

She looked at me with an upturned gaze, her han now on top of my hand that was stroking her cheek. She closed her eyes and felt my hand that gently stroked her.

Zayats was a pitiful girl, she was like Yumei, my past self. Yet, I left her alone without telling her anything.

‘I’m an idiot.’

I knew it, deep inside I knew that I shouldn’t do that. However, my impulse to walk alone made Zayats cry alone in the hotel room.

“I won’t leave you alone again, Zayats. I promise.”

Zayats opened her eyes and nodded at me.

“Un.”

Looking at her, I leaned closer and kissed her. She happily accepted the kiss, and our lips met with each other.

It was not a hot kiss or something, just pecking our lips against each other.

After a while, I felt Zayats had calmed down and pulled my face away from her’s.

“Are you okay now?”

“Y-yes, Master. I apologize for crying.” She wiped the tear that was still on her face and smiled.

I gently chopped her head and stood up.

“I told you it was my fault.”

Zayats held her head with her hands and stood up too.

“Hehehe, yes.” She then giggled happily.

Looking at her like this really heal my heart. I was once again praised myself for my decision in the past to take Zayats with me.

“Well then, do you want to go out with me?”

Zayats tilted her head cutely and lowered her hands that she used to hold her head earlier.

“Where, Master?”

I grinned at Zayats and said, “Let’s break some common sense.”


5 advanced chapters on my Patréon.

Patréon: www.patreon.com/ShuviLily

Thank you!

79