Comeback, Part Two
753 2 41
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Note: Hello, everyone!

At the request of a few fans, I ended up making a discord server for fans of the story.

Check it out right over here:

https://discord.gg/dkv7HQfJse

Anyway, I hope you enjoy the chapter.

---

{Elisa}

That announcement Harriton made earlier in the day was... Unfortunate.

Just when she was beginning to come to terms with her soon-to-come role in life, the Academy threw this matter into her lap. She was actually going to go out and fight for real. It was actually happening.

Originally, all Elisa wanted to do was get a taste. Meet some adventurers, train a little, and enjoy the last bit of freedom she had in her hands before her marriage in the winter. That meant that, long before it would have normally been time for missions to come around, she would turn, look at everyone, and give her goodbye as she dropped out.

Now, she was actually going to see what it was like to be a real adventurer, and all that did was make the stinging sensation she got in her heart whenever she thought about her incoming marriage get a little worse.

Still, she had her role to play. And, as she wasn't about to turn her back on her family, she was going to play it.

And, well, at least she could enjoy little pleasures here and there until then.

Currently, she was in a small alley in her fiance's home, isolated with one of his servants. A young girl with cute bobbed black hair and a pair of wolf ears. She was wearing a white and gold maid's outfit that went well with her bright gold eyes. Her cheeks were flushed thanks to Elisa's right hand, which was digging between her legs, teasing her.

"Mm!" The girl held back a moan as Elisa's and Marvain's families chatted in the background, in the nearby room.

"Careful," Elisa whispered. "You don't want anyone to hear us, do you?"

She'd caught this maid eyeing her up earlier. A few times, their eyes met and each time the woman had blushed and looked away, embarrassed to have been spotted. From that moment, all it took was a quick excuse to leave the room and a small gesture for the maid to follow her, before they ended up like this.

"M-Ma'am," the girl let out quietly, holding onto Elisa's arms. Elisa grinned as she looked into the woman's eyes. "You're... By the Divine."

The noblewoman leaned in and kissed the girl, half because she was just too adorable not to and half to shut her up.

"Quiet~" Elisa said, as she felt some liquid slide down her hand. "Just take it in."

Her eyes then went up and looked deeply into Elisa's own, and her hand froze.

For just a second, she was reminded of her roommate. This maid's eyes were a much brighter shade of yellow, but they were similar enough to make Elisa pause. She continued her hand's movements, however, once she got her bearings.

She couldn't help but wish that it was Rin she was doing this with, however.

"Mmmm!" The girl bit down on Elisa's shoulder to keep herself from crying out as an orgasm suddenly rippled throughout her body. The noblewoman had been so distracted with thoughts of her classmate that she hadn't noticed that the maid was about to be pushed over the edge.

Elisa pulled her in, giving her a gentle embrace as the woman came. The maid hugged her tightly, steadying herself, flinching every couple of seconds.

[Well, that was fun.]

A short while later, Elisa is back to boredom. Sitting next to Marvain as everyone talks around her. Every now and then she offers up a quick "oh, really?" Or a "wow, incredible," depending on the mood. She's not really even paying attention to the ongoing conversations until she hears her future mother-in-law ask:

"What do you think, Elisa?"

These are the questions she hates because they require her to have actually been focusing to provide a solid answer. So, she replied:

"I'm sorry, I was thinking about something. What was the question about?"

Iris clears her throat and smiles as she says:

"We were thinking about heading to the Arena this Wednesday. Would you like to come?"

"Really?" Elisa was surprised to hear that. "I didn't know that sort of thing interested you."

"It's a guilty pleasure to spectate that place every once in a while," Iris replied.

"Watching peasants fight without even having to throw money at their feet is fairly entertaining, I'd say," Marvain said, next to her.

"So, would you like to come with us?" Iris asked her.

[As if I even have a choice,] she thought, as she felt her aunt's eyes burning into the side of her head.

"Of course," she replied with a polite smile.

"Ah, wonderful."

And, just like that, as they started talking about something else, she went right back to her daydreaming.

---

{Rin}

As the night arrived and Rin's sore muscles slowly healed back up thanks to the cafeteria's food, Rin walked back into her room. She traded her sweatpants and sleeveless training shirt for a much baggier, more comfortable outfit and laid down on her bed, feeling the moonlight kiss her cheeks. Elisa still hadn't come back, and Rin figured that Xhez would still be recovering, given everything she said happened. So, that left Rin on her own to wait until she felt tired enough to go to sleep.

It didn't take long before she felt like doing something, though.

[Hm. Maybe I could read a little more from Tristan's journal,] she suggested to herself. She reached for her drawers, where she'd been keeping his journal, and pulled it out before flopping back onto the bed with a huff. Casually, she opened it and picked up from where she'd left off.

---

{Tristan}

You know, I suspected that I was in over my head before... Now, I'm sure I must be insane.

I'm writing this after my first mission. In case you couldn't tell by the fact that my journal didn't end on the last page, yeah, I lived. Barely. The thing I was sent to kill was a lot stronger than I expected and it beat me within an inch of my life.

I'm serious. Both of my arms were broken by the end and I took a blow to my right thigh that had me limping. Most of my teeth were knocked right out of my mouth at one point, and all the monster had to do was slap me in the face to achieve that.

The only reason I made it out- well, no. There are two reasons. The only reasons* I made it out are, firstly, because I ran away like a coward as soon as I realized I was going to die. Second, because this one girl found me on the way back to Cradle.

That was pretty lucky, honestly. I don't think I would have made it all the way back to the city if she hadn't. This girl's name was Minxy, and she knew enough healing magic to help me make it back to a healing clinic.

Minxy, by the way, is incredibly kind. She stayed with me, even after we reached the healer who attended me. She offered to pay me a dinner, when I told her that I was just getting started as an adventurer, too. Honestly, I'm a little suspicious that the Divine sent an angel after me.

Anyway, I told Minxy I'd go with her just as soon as I finished writing this, so, yeah, I'm going to hurry up a little since she's waiting.

As far as takeaways from this first mission, well, I learned how insane I am. I guess it's good to be aware of my own stupidity like that. I think I'll ask Minxy if she can give me some tips, though. At least, if she doesn't think I'm too pathetic to help just yet.

---

{Rin}

With a sigh, Rin closed the journal and set it aside. Staring up at the ceiling, she put her hands over her stomach and took slow, steady breaths as the clock on the wall ticked on.

[Is that going to happen to me?] She wondered. [Only, without a "Minxy" to look after me?]

With a nervous gulp, she closed her eyes and brought her sheet up over her chest.

[Just... Take things one step at a time. That's all you can do,] she told herself. [Besides,] she thought, [you've got a fight coming up. That's plenty to focus on for now.]

41