Chapter 1 – Murderer!
58 2 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“She’s the murderer!” A callous hand yanked at her hair, forcing her head up as her whole body planted firmly on the ground. Tears formed at the corner of her eyes from the acute pain that tore through the back of her neck from the sudden pull.

A swarm of heavily cladded bodies surrounded her poor figure, the dull gleam of their spear tips bearing at her neck. One such tip grazed lightly over her neck, not enough to cause an incision, but enough to stop her from taking another deep breath.

Despite the sudden death situation Raine was cast into, her mind showed no inclination of calming down, rather it jumbled into an untangle ball of yarn. Then in a haze, her eyes dilated—world slowing in a grain like pace; unfolding before her without her being able to comprehend each moment of it. The sound of the world melted away into indiscernible mumbles, and the scenery blurred like the abstract paintings seen at a modern exhibition. 

Bang!

Raine jolted. The sound of a gavel stirred her back from her stupor. She glanced down at her hands noticing two glowing white circular bracelets binding her wrist together without a latch in between. They were the unconventional handcuffs or rather not handcuffs at all as they seemed ethereal, drawing the bands together after a certain distance like two magnets. Puzzled, she wondered where the metal handcuffs often seen on T.V, until she glanced up.

A sea of people surrounded her behind a long circular stone barrier with greek like stone statues decorating it. From the faces closest to her, the audience seemed to be caucasian descent, some with colorful hair not often seen. The roof had clear glass served to illuminate the room as the sunlight spilled directly in the center from where she currently resided. The natural light gave way to the sort of  Eastern Orthodox design the room seemed to be built upon. The only thing that stood out the most was the highly elevated pillars of engraved wall in front of her.

As her eyes traced further up, she found herself to be stared down by three figures; the higher of the two holding a gleaming gavel, but their faces otherwise concealed by a timely shadow from the room.

Slowly the process of what was going on seeped into her, as if the missing episode from when she was brought here unraveled before her. The weird glowy binds now made sense because...

Raine was somehow transported to another world.

3