Prologue
164 3 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Once upon a time, in an age immemorial, there was a Lilyflower. It stood uproot in the chaos of the world’s creation. Its white colour untainted by the debris that flowed through the primordial chaos as it alone remained, while countless particles flew waywardly.

 

As the world began to condense into a sphere and the dust settled, the Lilyflower lay at rest on a rock that flew into its path. The flower had roots, but it need not absorb water. The flower had leaves, but it did not need to eat or breathe. It was a living species and yet was not.

 

The Lilyflower was ignorant. It was born with no compatriots. The first of its kind. The first of any kind. The Lilyflower was the sole sentient being in the vast space of the universe. Time flowed, and the Lilyflower started to develop feelings. Not feelings born from a survival instinct but feelings born from a wish. A wish for company.

 

After thousands of years, the first living creature other than itself walked the earthen soil of the world. The Lilyflower wanted to converse with the other creature. The Lilyflower wiggled its stem, but the creature ignored it. It wasn't sentient enough to comprehend what the Lilyflower wanted. The creature moved away from the Lilyflower and disappeared from the Lilyflower’s sights.

 

The pattern repeated itself. A new creature would appear, the Lilyflower would try to get its attention and then, the creature would disappear. Millions of years passed, the Lilyflower would remain in the desolate wasteland while creatures born from it would leave to survive. The Lilyflower did not have the instinct to move to a better location. Nothing could harm it. Thus it saw no point or rather it did not occur to the Lilyflower that the area it was in was inhabitable.

 

The virgin world continued to pass through countless cycles. There was an age where nothing but ice existed. There was then an age where lush forests and towering dinosaurs roamed the land. There was an age where molten lava crushed any life that begins. There was an age where nothing but life exists. Millions became billions, as time continued to flow. The structure of the earth changed multiple times. Celestial collisions, super-eruptions, eternal ice… The World was full of activity and bustling with life. However, the Lilyflower remained unchanged. Untainted by mother time, and never withering at any apocalyptic events.

 

What kept it going? Its wish...

 

Its wish for company.

2