Chapter 3-Adrenaline
645 4 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Ad astra abyssosque! Welcome to the Adventurer's Guild."

Upon arrival. Katheryne, the receptionist, upon entering her area of sight, her gaze followed me to every step i take. Professional and smooth, standing still and occasionally malfunctioning.

Right now she's staring at me, we've been staring for a second. Her gaze made me uncomfortable so i kinda hesitated to ask.

"..."

"..."

"...Can i register?" I asked akwardly

"...If thats the case, please form this in." She said as she took a paper, a quill and ink, she passed the paper and i took it. We never really did register in the game, it just automatically did so.

"Hmm..." I wrote my name, age and to what my class is. I don't know what class there is so i just wrote 'archer', Meanwhile, while i write Katheryne occasionally murmurs 'Error' makes me wonder if she's like Albedo. But has a purpose that is forced to follow or coded to. As if.

"Here." I said as i gave the paper i filled in. She silently took the paper and read it, she nods as she puts my paper like in some clearbook but thick.

"I am Katheryne, the receptionist here at the Adventurer's Guild. With this your registered."

"Ohh.. okay." Thats it?, No checking my power level? If it thats simple i won't complain. If im right- i should be Adventurer rank one.

"Is... there ranks in the guild or something? if there is, how do i rank up?." I asked.

"Yes. As you are right now, every beginner will start at Adventurer rank 1. Frequently taking commisions, The performance of the adventurer that takes up the challenge will affect their ranking within the guild." She explains.

"I see..." I won't do commisions that much. If i do take one, thats just because am in need of mora.

"Would you like to take a quest right away?" She asked.

"Ah yes, the one with big reward please."

"Is Miss Shiro experienced in fighting?" She asked and stared in my eyes.

"n- not that much..." I said as i looked away. 'no' was what i was gonna say, i don't know if i said that, i might be unable to take some combat quest...for now, besides i wanna try my vision to fight.

"Then Miss Shiro can't fight enemies twice of her size." She said and then she took a paper in her shelfs and gave it to me." Last night, one of the civilians reported a hilichurl camp spotted in Windrise near, behind the big tree southeast of the hill."

I took the paper as she said. Written in the letters, is the detail of the number of hilichurls and the rewards.

"5 Hilichurls and 1 Hilichurl shooter huh.." I mumbled, i stared at the reward and my eyes opened wide "This.. this is nights in a inn!!" plus add my current mora it'll be 3 nights!

"I'll accept this!" I said enthusiastically.

Katheryne suprised at my sudden enthusiastic "...I see then please sign the paper." She said and handed me a quill.

I took the paper and quickly signed it then returned it to her.

"..Umm, what will happen happen if i fail the quest?" 

She smiled at me before saying."Don't worry failing the quest won't get you into a punishment. It will only deemed it as a fail and you won't get the reward, only a small compensation."

I see, even if i fail i'll still get mora but only a few huh...

"I see..thanks for the information" I smiled " Then.. I'll be going."

"Yes. Miss Shiro do your best and safely come back." She said and i waved my hand before leaving monstadt.

*-*-*-*-*

The sight of monstadt going far away, i hummed my favorite theme song with my cute voice as i walk further and further away until i can no longer see it. I scanned the area to look for the big tree and there it is, i already spotted it. 

I walked and walked till i can see the hilichurl camp, just like what it said in the details, there are five hilichurl and one hilichurl shooter.  

The shooter is on the watchtower watching the area like a hawk. Five are guarding...and two of them is sleeping i guess, behind in their crude wood walls. I circled around their camp and hid behind the tree, i materialized my bow and prepared the arrow.

I aimed at the hilichurl shooter and released. The arrow, whistled as it launched, it flew across the five hilichurls going straight through the shooter and hit...the tower.

"Shit" I forgot my ice scope!

I once again readied another arrow and launched it at the shooter, this time with my scope. It whistled past through the five confused hilichurls and flew straight the shooter. The arrow pierced through his shoulder then the shooter fell in his watch tower.

Good job me!

This time the five hilichurl spotted me behind the trees. Three of them took out their clubs from nowhere and one is already running to me his barehands ready to claw me. The other is..why is he running away?

I dematerialized my bow and i quickly formed the feeling in my right index finger and pointed it in a gun form at the hilichurl running to me. One small spikey ice quickly formed in my index and flew away with a bang! piercing him inside his head and died 

Holy i was expecting something bloody, instead he dissappeared like tissue burning.

I quickly switched my gaze at the three now swinging their clubs from air crudely. I dodged the first coming to me and quickly formed an ice wall in the height of my hips, blocking the two coming, away.

The first hilichurl i dodged, now close to me swung his club to me and hit my waist. 

"Gah..!" I grabbed his arm and quickly froze it with my vision, i materialized an arrow in my hand and quickly thrust it in his head. That hurts you fuck..! He fell limp before dissapearing.

The two now, while i was unaware hit me in in the back making me scream in pain. I quickly turned around tried to do the same i did to the first but failed as the one who hit me dodged.

I stomped the ground and ice rosed to my feet leaving ice trails and rushed to one who hit me in the back. The ice formed into a small spike and pierced him in his ankle and locked him in his place as he screamed in pain.

I quickly ran to him and materialized an arrow to thrust it in his head, but before i could, a club swinged upward infront of me almost hitting me in the head.

I glanced at the other hilichurl who did. I dropped the arrow and quickly formed an ice spear. With my hands, i thrusted it in his chest then i quickly let go of the spear and kicked him in the guts. He struggled to stand and he dropped weakly in a kneeling position before dissappearing.

I turned around and a club was now infront of me and hi-..!

"Aargh!!" I screamed in pain and clutched my head that now feels wet. I glanced in my hands and blood now smeared in it. I felt liquid in my forehead and my head now feels dizzy. 

Once again, in my vision. The last hilichurl swung his club in my head and i panicky dodged it. That was close!

With my feet, the grass freezed and two ice spikes rose through the ground and pierced the last hilichurl in both sides. He struggled to the two ice spikes that pierced him from both sides and minutes later, his head is now hanging and he dissappeared like burning tissues.

I quickly dropped to the ground and sat.

Relief filled my heart now that it was done. I released panted breaths and i felt like falling unconcious, my eyes were very blur and i feel like im gonna puke.

However my relief quickly ended when i saw the hilichurl who ran away bringing back three mitachurls. Enemy twice my size and the shooter i shot in the shoulder were still alive.

I tried to get up but i was very tired. I feel like if i stood up i'll fall unconcious, panick filled me and my eyes shrank as i couldn't move from my position. I tried forming ice walls to shelter me from danger however, my slowly closing eyes and my fading conciousness prevents me from doing so. 

I felt scared that i was going to die. I struggled making my eyes open. The mitachurl now infront of me swing his axe and my weak eyes gave up and fell unconcious.

Last thing i saw was a boy in short light yellow hair standing before me, his back infront of me as he look heroic in my view.

Finally my exams done, Though i didn't really study.

Here is the tune she's humming:

https://youtu.be/im6tbN9SZXs 

13