Chapter 4-Unconciously acting like a girl
921 4 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Staring at the night sky. The stars gathering like liquid droplets at the shining moon light.

'Gaze the starry sky

My eyes reflecting, moonlight

Mogami river.'

The sounds of campfire cracking and the smoke traveling up the sky. I strained my neck to check my surroundings and my eyes widened upon the sight. I looked like i just survived an earthquake. The area around  me, had a fill of many burned woods and burned grass and many cracks on the ground.

I looked to the right to see a light yellow haired boy sitting asleep in the logs. I looked to my back and we were still in the area where i fell unconcious and my sight went back to the yellow haired boy again then i looked to myself covered in blankets.

The blood on my head now gone and i felt really fresh.

I stood up and my head throbbed crazy, i felt like i just had a hangover and quickly dissappeared. My waist ached in pain as soon as i tried to walk. I took the blankets with me and walked to the other side, my footsteps making light noises but the light yellow haired boy, Bennett, showed no signs of waking up. I passed by the campfire and made my way to the logs he's sleeping on and sat beside him. I giggled at how he slept without cautions despite his luck.

'What the fu?'

I took his head in my hands and put it in my lap to make him sleep comfortably. Since i had nothing to pay him for, i'll just use my lap as a thank you...and maybe, help him not have a stiff neck. I used the blanket to cover me and him to prevent us from catching a cold, despite the campfire heating us, the night is still very chill.

I patted his head and a smile bloomed on his face while asleep. Having a comfortable sleep really affects your dreams, I inched my face closer and scrutinized his looks. It really is Bennett alright.

He had a goggles on his head. And have a lot of bruises on his arm. Not bothering to hide it, just wearing a brown sleeveless polo shirt.

I continued patting his head and for some reason i liked it. I yawned, since the air feels fresh despite the messy background. The cold air i feel is making me feel sleepy, making me comfortable and the sounds of fire cracking and the noises of crickets combining on the cold night. The cold wind sometimes making an appearance, making my hair sway and the fire flicker.

I looked into the night sky as i continued to pat Bennett on my lap. Thoughts of the fight flashed in my head. If Bennett hadn't saved me i would have died. I underestimated the hilichurls especially that one who ran away, i didn't expect they would call more team mates, i mean, im just alone. My stamina is too low, im lucky that the hilichurls aren't that good in fighting or else i would have got hit in the fight many times. My bow, i just used it once, my aim should be practiced more.

I got swayed by the amount of mora. People will really do anything dangerous as long as they're paid big cash, ofcourse not everyone. The things that happened wouldn't had happen if i were stronger maybe, but im a lazy person and i don't like moving very much. The fact that i fell unconcious due to tiredness proves im a lazy person and it looks like this body have the same stamina as i, in the past.

I stared down at the person sleeping in my lap and thought 'I owe him big.'

After all that thoughts, without realizing it, i fell asleep.

*-*-*-*-*

Slight movement stirred me awake. I Opened my eyes, still blurry, i closed and opened it till i can see clearly. 

It was still dark but i can see the moon is now going down and the sun is now slowly showing up to say hello. I stared at Bennett making movements on my lap and he slowly opened his eyes only to stare at me.

"Good morning. Did you sleep well?" I asked as i smiled.

Bennett stared at me for a few seconds before widening his emerald colored eyes and hastily got up getting a suprised 'woah' from me. Luckily i reacted fast or else we would have our heads collided.

"Your finally awake! is there something that still hurts on your body? We can ask Barbara to heal you quickly!" Bennett asked as soon as he stood up. 

"Ah, no, everythings..fine none of my body hurts." I said as i checked all over my body.

I touched my head and there were no wounds on it and the blood that should be there is gone.

"Thats great!" He gave me a thumbs up."if you still were, i won't know what to do haha..." He said as he rubbed his head.

"Thats fine." I said as i waved my hands.

"Thank you for saving me. If you didn't arrive, i would have.." I bowed my head deeply.

"..Ah no, its the right thing everyone would do!" He stops for a second." I would have save you without sparing a single thought. Thats what my dads will do too!" He said as he smiled.

I stared at him for a second. "I see.. thank you." 

"My name is Shiro. An adventurer." I said as i held my hand out.

His eyes widened."Oh right! Thats a cool name!" He said and he straightened himself  up."...I'm Bennett! leader of Benny's Adventure team. - a rising star in the Monstadt Adventurer' Guild!" He said and gave a bright smile with a thumbs up.

Then-

"Any chance we could team up? Please?"

"Fueh?" I let out a dumb sound at his sudden request."..Join your team?"

"Yes!" 

Joining him on a party? Sounds risky. I'll feed bad if i rejected him and he also saved me so i owe him big, this a guilt trip. If i accept i feel like i'll get stronger, you know? at how his luck works. It'll get me to dangerous situation but i'll get rewarded by improving, besides what character will go strong without hardships. If i want to improve, this is like the chance without having some trainer and two is better than one anyways.

"..if you don't want to, i won't force you. I mean my luck is bad an-"

"Sure." I interrupted him.

His eyes widened."R-really?"

I nodded.

"Eh-hehe... Maybe you don't know. Im a really unlucky person to have around..." He said as he rubbed his head "If we were to team up. My bad luck would just screw everything up."

"It won't bother me. Besides i owe you my life...and i would feel guilty if i rejected your offer after you saved my life."

"Really....? I didn't mishear did i?"

"You didn't." I shook my head and i smiled."Im joining you on your Adventures Leader."

"...Hearing you say that makes me flustered." He said as he rubbed his head again, looking flustered. "Since your that insistent. Your gonna be the second member of Benny's adventure team!"

I continued smiling and soon later i sighed as i stood up from the one im sitting to. The sun was now rising and bright light is now shining. The lake reflecting the rising sun and silhoutte of leaves dancing caused by the big tree looming. though.. ignore the messy background around us. As soon as i stood up i quickly fell.

"Ah!" My legs..i feel nothing..

"Ah." - [Bennet]

"..Can you carry me back?" I asked. My legs limp. Looks like having someone sleep on your lap will make your legs numb, very.

He nodded.

*-*-*-*-*

Bennett carried me all the way to monstadt with me on his back. When i said just hanging on his shoulder is fine, he insisted carrying me on his back. What the hell? I should be the gentleman here! This body change really is troublesome.  

When we entered, the people don't seem to mind, actually they avoid him. Even though we got to monstadt without problems, we just arrived safely. But still being carried on his back is embarrassing and he broke my pride as a guy easily by being insistent, though i just lost it last two days. 

And he don't seem to mind, even with my breast squishing his back. For some reason i feel down. Im blushing deeply in shame. I said he can put me down when we arrive in monstadt. 'No! a leader is responsible of their member's well-being! he said. This is troublesome.

"Ohhh?" Said Katheryne when we arrived. " Is Bennett finally getting lucky?" She said with a grin while looking at me.

"NO! This is...its because he insisted on it!" I shouted.

Bennett finally put me down. He seemed oblivious to these things.

"Haha...my luck is as bad as always." He says while rubbing his head. Is that his hobby when embarrassed?

I slapped his head "Ow! what was that for Shiro!?" 

"Thats not what she meant!"

"...Then, what does she mean?" He asked as he tilted his head. A puzzled expression on his face.

"Thats...you don't need to know!"

A giggle escaped from Katheryne's lips as she watched us.

"Ughh...I finally finished my commision, ah with Bennett's help." I said. My face still red.

Katheryne stared at me for a second." Thank you for completing today's commissions. Here is your reward." She said as she took out a bag of mora. A smiled bloomed on my face as soon as i saw it but then something really puzzled me.

"Huh? Thats it? What if im lying?" I asked as i took the bag of mora in the reception table. Before, maybe took it back.

Katheryne smiled."The guild can discern on whats the truth and what is a lie." 

"...The guild can do that?" I asked with a narrowed gaze. 

Katheryne turned her head to Bennett." What about you Bennett? Have you finished your commision?" She asked.

"Haha..the dungeon suddenly collapsed when i stepped in." He said rubbing his head again. Katheryne sighs and tooks out a bag of mora smaller than mine.

"Ah! right! I found a new member joining Benny's Adventure team!" He then said and pointed at me smiling brightly.

"Really?" Katheryne asked in widened eyes. Then looked at me."Guild requirements needs three or four members at the party." But when Katheryne looked at Bennett's pleading gaze she sighed and turned soft deciding to let it go this time again.

"Alright.."

Bennett smiled happily then turned to me."Your finally a member on my team!" 

"Oh-oh yeah.. Katheryne can be cute too huh..


Its still not 25 but. Merry christmas!!



16