Attack or Assault
2.5k 2 26
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The hidden girl was getting inch closer to us while the two girls beside happily bickered with each other. Obviously, oblivious of their surroundings. 

These two really need to train their sense of danger. I guess I should them help them later.

The girl behind us was already 1 meter close to us. Using my intent to read her intentions, I can now finally judge on who was her target. 

Her target is me...

I have possible reasons on why 'they' should target the girls.

First, I thought that the assassin's backer is the same as my family. A mage clan, or something. The main reason is that my Mother is dealing with them, Even thought she didn't tell me about it. Doesn't mean I won't find it myself.

Second, An Organization that hunts mages. They will use the girl as hostage. though, it is unlikely possible.

Third, Just a criminal or rogue mage that was hired from someone, Some rival company that tries to be unfair and cowardly act. 

However, these ideas we're point out to be wrong. Cause, I don't feel any malice coming from this girl. 

What's more, She was so weak. Compared to Shina, The hidden girl is 2 times weaker than Shina. So even if she targeted Shina or Rika, They won't lose against her. 

So the main target was me. Because, I have guessed that they have information about my family. About, Only women can be mages. So  the girl's backer sent her because she is weak and can easily deal with me. 

However, There information was incorrect. I'm not simple and ordinary.

That's my deduction about this assassination. 

Looking at the girls beside me, I sweetly smiled from my heart as I patted their shoulder and said.

"Girls, can you go in without me. I forgot something from the meadow..."

The two, stopped bickering and turn their attention to me.

""We can help!""

They said. But, I shook my head.

"No, I can handle it myself."

"But, I want to help you Shido-nii." Rika clung on my arm as she plead.

"No, Shido will go with me. Rika should go home, You have things to do right?." Shina, of course she didn't want to lose, as she clung on the other arm.

Rika bit her lips as she was reminded about her duty as the representative. 

"But, I want to go with Shido-nii."

"Everyone is waiting for you Rika." 

Shina pushed.

Rika tightened her grip on my arm. I sighed watching these two.

"Come on now, Shina why don't you help out Rika from her duty."

"Eeeeeh. Why would I help her out?" Shina was greatly shocked by response. She pouted and clutch hard my arm. 

"Shina, manners. She is your aunt." I strictly said.

Shina's eyes became when she heard the word aunt. Welp, Rika is my cousin and Shina is my daughter so according to seniority Rika is her aunt.

"Nooo! I don't want to. She is just Rika." 

Rika look at her with silence. That's because she didn't want to worsen the situation any further. 

Looking at Rika, I get the reasons why they fought. Sigh, Girls.

"Okay, Shina look at me." I cup her chin and make her look  at me.

Shina tried to resist, However, She could not deny herself, She loves this man in front of her. She didn't want him to hate her. She felt ashamed showing him her childish side. She already vowed herself to be womanly like her mother.

"Mmhmm." She nodded.

"Okay, listen to me my dear. Can you help Rika?" I asked.

"No it's not possible." She shake her head hastily. 

I sighed as I don't want really to spoil her much. But, I want her to get close to Rika, Because I don't want these two to be apart from their world. I can sense their bonds, It stood strong even if they tried to deny it themselves.

"What if I said, There's a reward?" I whispered to her ear.

"Okay, I will help!" She suddenly change her mind as fast as bullet could travel. She then took a glance at Rika."Don't get me wrong okay! I was just feeling reluctant, It's not because Shido asked me. Even if he did not say it, I still plan to help you...After all, How can a pig-brain like you became the representative... Hmph!" 

She then ran off ahead. But, before she could enter, She turn around and gave me wink then looking at Rika she stuck out her tongue. 

I chuckled at the sight of my little girl.

"Don't take her seriously." I said to Rika.

"Un." She nodded.

"Anyway, Rika I want you to be friends with Shina."

"Un."

"Also, good luck and have fun." 

"Un." 

Her reply somewhat feel listless. I look down and saw emotions on her face. She look confused, sad, happy, joy and Envy.

Was it because of Shina? Did she feel happy because she can be close to her friend again or is it because she was sad because he can't go with her? No, that's not the reasons why she showed those emotions. 

Another one. I thought.

"Hey, Rika... I will also give a reward if you did a great job on your duty as the representative later." I whispered near her ear.

Rika can feel tingling in her ear, the air that came out from my mouth gently brushed her ear. It tickled her but what made her smile widened was the word "Reward".

Seeing her reaction. I again shook my head, Girls.

Rika the let go of my arm as she walked past the entrance. Watching her back, I smiled to myself. Great, I have another girl fallen.

I then turn around and walked towards the opposite road. Going back to the meadow. 

Let's handle this problem first. I don't really need to worry what would happen to this body since it's not my main body. Even if this would be slice into pieces, I won't get any backslash anyways. It means, I can go all out without any worry harming myself.

A cheat or should I say. If I were the enemy of myself, I would literally scream about how unfair the world is.

And Yes, The world is not fair. To balance the world laws there should be Poor and Rich, Strong and Weak, Healthy and Disabled.

I never believe in fairness myself in the very first place. I will do anything for the safety of my family. 

The girl on my back followed me silently. Good job, As professional myself at secretly following people. I commend on how she have a brain. If she make a move earlier at the entrance, which is a bad move, Since there should be a surveillance right there. 

Now, the question is what she attack or assault me? Hahahaha

------------------

bit.ly/Scarletbloodmoon

26