Chapter 25: Familiar Face
48 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Rasera leaves the guild hall, walks on the outskirts of town, talks off his glove, and whispers "Reaver" into the mark on his left hand.

Reaver: I'm here.

Rasera: Good morning, master.

Rasera: Where shall we go today?

Reaver: Where do you think we're going?

Rasera: I would assume back to where we met, but won't Victor be there?

Rasera: Otherwise, I don't know. The forest seems quite vast.

Rasera: I can't read your mind. Wait can I? Is that a vampire thing I haven't heard of too?

Reaver: You can't yet.

Reaver: Being a vampire is great. It allows you to learn skills and spells not in your class.

Reaver: How else did you learn "Phoenix Dive", a skill from the warrior class.

Rasera: Good point. So can a vampire learn just about anything then?

Reaver: Yes.

Rasera: Well that's certainly a gift.

Rasera starts following Reaver to their destination.

Rasera: So I bought a pair of gloves I can wear for outdoor, and some medical gauze and a wrist wrap that can cover up the marking while indoors.

Rasera: I just didn't want to use them without asking for your permission first.

Reaver: Why do you need to cover it that much?

Rasera: You said it was very noticeable right? And people would know what it means?

Rasera: I just ... didn't want to get caught and be a bother to my master, if it was somehow traceable back to you.

Reaver: You mean the little puppy that I found last night?

Rasera: Little puppy?

Reaver: I believe his name was ... Conn.

Rasera: You ... found him? He part of the party I signed up with.

Rasera: I saw him heading to the training grounds late last night, but I didn't think anything of it and went to bed.

Rasera: Wait, do we still need sleep? I kinda forgot to ask that too.

Reaver: Yes. We need sleep to control our mana otherwise we'd explode from mana exertion.

Rasera: Exploding doesn't sound fun. But uhh, anyways, what happened with Conn? Where did you run into him?

Reaver: In the forest where you killed the squirrel.

Rasera: And did anything happen? You don't sound terribly impressed right now.

Reaver: We have to leave now.

Reaver: I hope you said good bye to your party members.

Rasera: I only ever interacted with Conn, so it's not a big deal I guess.

Rasera: I guess he's an enemy now then? I won't pry for details if you don't want to tell me, master, but I need to know at least that much.

Reaver: You will have to kill him soon.

Rasera: And was your hair always that purple? I was kinda caught up in everything yesterday, what with the whole almost dying and becoming a vampire thing.

Reaver: Yes. Do you like it?

Rasera: I do. I'm quite fond of loner hair. Always fun to play with in the downtime, but I've never been comfortable growing out my own hair.

Rasera: So uhh, I'm gonna have to kill Conn, huh?

Reaver: He is an otherworlder and knows about me when you should be the only one.

Reaver: If I recall correctly, otherworlders have a respawn time of ten days.

Rasera: If we are concerned about that, there was another I ran into. I suppose I should disclose that as well.

Rasera: He calls himself, Zen.

Reaver: Oh Zen.

Reaver: I don't think you should mess with him.

Rasera: He is a strange man.

Reaver: He has the whole underground world under his thumb. I still don't know how he did it.

Rasera: I have no interest in messing with him, but he appears to have an interest in me. I'm not sure how best to go about it. I tried to maintain neutrality last night.

Reaver: You're going to have to fight him soon.

Reaver: I hope you're prepared to do so.

Rasera: Hey Master. Just what is going on in this world?

Rasera: One man with the whole world under his thumb, calling the kingdom corrupt. Are we not supposed to be striving for harmony amongst our people?

Reaver: Underground world.

Reaver: There aren't many good people here. Most are greedy and prideful.

Rasera: I guess it was just childhood innocence then, thinking we should try to find world peace.

Reaver: Yes. Give up on that dream please.

Rasera: Understood, master.

Rasera: If I must fight, then I will fight for you.

Rasera: Conn won't go down easily, and I need to get stronger to fight Zen.

Reaver: Before you even think about Zen, you need to be able to dominate over Conn.

Reaver: So I got you a sword.

Reaver hands Rasera a sharp sword.

Rasera: A-a sword? Well umm, okay.

Reaver: Give me a swing.

Rasera: This is just ... so different.

Rasera earns the swordsmanship ability.

Reaver: Do you know what abilities are?

Rasera: As far as I knew, abilities are things that are just always active.

Reaver: Very well. Abilities are passive buffs that help your skills and spells become more powerful.

Reaver: There are also talents and titles.

Rasera: I see.

Rasera: So this new ability then? I'm guessing it makes me better with the sword? And If I learn a sword skill, then it'll be easier to use?

Reaver: Yes.

Rasera: Well alright. If I need to take life by the sword, then so shall it be done.

Rasera: Do you have a weapon, master?

Reaver: I always have a weapon.

Rasera: May I see it?

Reaver pulls out a legendary scimitar named "The Dawn Bringer" and shows it to Rasera. It shines brightly orange. Rasera's level is too low to read the description of the Dawn Bringer.

Rasera: That is ... wow ... okay. 

Rasera: It's so powerful that I can't even read the description of the weapon.

Rasera: I was going to ask to spar with you, but I think I will die from that weapon if I get touched by it.

Reaver: I actually found a sparring partner for you.

Reaver: You already know her.

Yonny: Hey, Rasera.

Rasera: Oh, hello. You're to be my sparring partner?

Yonny: I won't go easy on you.

Reaver: Yonny's level fifteen. I'd be careful of her.

Rasera: I believe that. Are you okay with this, master? You had given me warnings about her previously.

Reaver: She's a bit different now. I thought she was just playing into Zen's hands.

Yonny: It's because of Conn. He's too nice to me.

Yonny: I'm also leaving the town, so why not join my former friend, Reaver.

Rasera: I see. I hope I didn't come off as too cold last night then, Yonny. Hopefully you understand, all things in consideration.

Reaver: Ugh. I can't believe you just called me your friend.

Yonny: Don't be like that, Reaver. I remember when we both slayed the green dragon together.

Rasera: So you'll be teaching me how to use this then, Yonny?

Yonny: Yes.

 

 

Rasera (Vampire)
-------------------
Class: Healer
Level: 1
Skills:
First Heal
Phoenix Dive
Inventory:
500 Plasma (Blood) Packs
+ small bag of coins

0