Chapter Six: Exploration Part 2
863 3 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Back to our protagonists the Idiot Trio


3rd Person POV:


"WHAT THE F*CK!?" 

The Three of them shouted out loud gaining the attention of everyone briefly.

The T.V shuts off as the three look at Sophia who had a remote on her hand.

"Hmm, this is worrying" She says as her expression is indescribable.

"The destruction of Khota would lead to every city in the Continent filled with Paranoia Khota was after all a heavily defended City a fortress if you will".

She turns to the three idiots.

"You three" she gains attention of Tom and the others.

"What is with that reaction? It seems as if you have an idea of who has done this?" She narrows her eyes as suspicion seeps in.

Farish turns to look at her with a calm look on his face vastly different from his outburst with the other two.

"Well Guild Secretary Sophia you see we three have been at Khota a day ago so it surprised us that the City had been destroyed"

He explains to her then continues on.

"You see Ren Ozel and I had heard from the Sage of Prophecy that a Void Beast would appear at the outskirts of Khota so we were supposed to fight it"

"But!" Ren butts in.

"When I got to the supposed outskirts where a Void Beast was supposed to appear it was already eliminated".

"So we don't know who did Khota in" He shrugs off pretending to not know who did such a travesty.

"Hmm" Sophia hums thinking through their explanation over.

"What about Matthias then? Where does he fit in through all of this?" She points towards Tom.

Tom/Matthias POV:

Shit! She wants to know my story! Fuck how am I supposed to explain this!? I need to avoid mentioning Her at all costs.

I glance towards Ren and Farish briefly as Farish nods at me signalling me to explain.

"Well Miss Sophia-"

"Sophia" She says sternly as she looks at me with  a stoic look on her.

"Eh, Sophia" She nods feeling satisfied not that Tom knows this.

"Well you see I'm a noble of a foreign continent and it just so happens that I was in Khota" 

"Then?" 

"I was getting to that" I replied back at her.

Rude b*tch  I thought.

"I was just enjoying a vacation from all of my duties so I was in a Hotel unaware that a Void Beast would attack so" I try to explain calming my nerves as the Blonde secretary just stares at my eyes making me unnerved as she nods clearly listening to my story seriously.

"So I was lying on my bed reading a magazine til Farish over here teleported to my room without permission"

I gesture towards Farish.

"He told me that I was supposed to evacuate the area as a Void Beast would be in the vicinity"

"So since I'm just a powerless human being with no cultivation or magic power I used the one thing that would guarantee me safety!"

"And that is?" She raises her eyebrow as a flicker of amusement can be seen on her face not that Tom would catch this since he's an Idiot.

"My Noble Title of course!" I replied towards her puffing my chest as a show of bravado which clearly doesn't intimidate nor impress her which Tom again doesn't notice.

"Yes!" Farish says interrupting which gains the attention of Sophia and Tom while Ren just stands there staying quiet.

"When I learned of Matthias' Title I had obligated myself to protecting him as I escorted him to bring him to safety of course" He grins at Sophia.

"I see.. That is some adventure I suppose"

"Explain how you met up with Ren Ozel here"

She side eyes him then turns back to me with her white almost soul less like eyes piercing through mine as if she was trying to learn of every secret from my very being.

Ren comes closer to Sophia with the same perverted grin on his face confidence striding towards her "Well Beautiful-"

"Don't" She deadpans at the man tired of his antics.

"Alright" Ren pouts in surrender as he backs up.

Why the hell is he pouting? That looks so wrong in so many levels.

"Well after the Void Beast had been defeated I decided to leave Khota through the Whispering Woods where I eventually met Farish and Matthias."

"That's it" a smile can be seen on his face.

"Hmm" 

"Very well then I suppose you three are in the clear meet me back here Tomorrow I'll have your ID's ready by then."

"Just answer this form here" She quickly grabs three papers from under her desk as she hands them over to Farish, Ren then Me.

"Then after that when you're done follow me to get your pictures taken"

She explains to them calmly.

3rd Person POV:

The three of them quickly looked over their papers as they thanked Sophia who sat back on her desk looking through her computer as she types stuff in.

They quickly filled out the form putting in their Names, Age, Sex, place of birth.

Farish wrote in that he's a Talisman specialist while Ren writes down that he's a Sword Cultivator.

Tom looks at the form confusingly as he thinks over on what to put his supposed profession.

He goes up towards Sophia's desk which gains her attention as her eyes looks towards his own again with something that can't be described.

"Yes? Matthias?" She gives a small smile towards Tom as Ren and Farish ignore the two in favor of answering the Form.

"U-Uhm" Tom stutters but then quickly finds himself to answer.

"Well Sophia I have a problem here I don't really have a profession like Farish and Ren who are cultivators as I am just a Noble of a foreign continent with no magic power nor have I trained myself into being a cultivator"

She looks towards me like I'm an idiot as a frown begins to form on her beautiful face.

"Then why are you trying to be an Adventurer? It's a tough life you know? A fragile looking boy like you can't just be one on a whim"

He looks up towards her with a strange amount of determination begins to fill him.

"Because I don't want to be weak anymore! I need the strength to defend myself"

He says strongly.

She smiles as she comes closer to him as Tom notices the size difference between the two of them.

Back to Tom/Matthias POV:

Damn! She's tall! Must be about 6'7 while my scrawny butt is only 5'11.


"You have nice determination in you Matthias I like that" She smiles serenely as her arm raises from her side as she ruffles my hair.

Okay stranger danger alert, this chick definitely raises some red flags.


I smile awkwardly as I grab her hand to remove it from my head.

"Uhm Sophia that feels too weird so I'll kindly ask you to not do that again"

She childishly pouts as she looks at the hand I just removed from the top of my head then towards me.

"Very well then Matthias" She says ignoring what has transpired the last few seconds.

"You know.. The Guild has a tester here that can help you find the profession you need" 

"All you need to do is follow me to the back and we'll get you a nice profession you could be a sword cultivator, talisman user like your friends or even a mage and various other professions"

"Yes! That's exactly what I need" excitement filling me as I can finally get on the path to freedom.

Excellent! I mentally bump my fist into the air.

She looks down at me with her serene looks almost enchanting even.

Back to 3rd Person POV: 

(A/N) I know it's annoying (A/N)


"Excellent" she clasps her hands together she then grabs onto Tom's arm forcefully pulling him with her to the back of the Guild Hall 

Tom taps her hand to gain her attention but she ignores it "Um Sophia you can let go of my arm I can walk by myself plus it's starting to hurt"

Sophia ignores him as she hums a strangely familiar tune to Tom.

They arrive at an elevator as she drags Tom inside as they get in she presses a button which makes it go down.

"So.. going down huh?" Sophia nods in confirmation as she continues to hum the same tune.

"You know this tune you're humming sounds familiar to me but I can't put my finger on where I had heard of it" He says trying to break off the ice of this awkward atmosphere.

She grins at Tom's answer almost as if she was waiting for it.

"Oh? I made this tune up myself I don't know where you may have heard of this from as I've always hummed this tune when I feel excited"

She explains to Tom with the same grin on her face not changing at all which makes him feeling uncomfortable.

"O-Oh" Tom just replies feeling embarrassed for some reason. (What a p*ssy)

"Um, don't you think you should've told Farish and Ren where we're going?"

"Nope" a quick reply from her as she grins happily as she bobs her head almost as if she's frolicking in a field.

The elevator stops at a negative 10 level (-10)

"Sheesh! -10?! We must be really deep huh?"

"Yep very deep" she giggles.

The doors of the elevator opens up as the inside of the floor begins to reveal itself to Tom.

She grabs onto his arm again and drags him once more.

A guarded steel door with two heavily armed guards stand by it side to side.

"Miss Lightshope? What are you doing here today?" One of the two inquired.

"To test my friend over here" she turns to glance at Matthias then back towards the guards.

"I see" Guard one says then just shuts up staying quiet 

"ID please Miss Lightshope" the 2nd guard politely asks her almost as if they were afraid of offending her.

She quickly searches through her pocket with one hand while gripping Tom tightly on the other.

She hands an ID over to the 2nd guard as he wordlessly places it inside a machine which quickly turns green confirming it as real.

The metal doors open up as Sophia drags Tom in once again with her with the doors quickly closing as they enter the room.

Tom looks around as the room is painted in black as the sides are filled with various books and advanced machines that seem like super computers.

"Welcome to the Testing room Matthias" She says as she lets go of my arm.

"Let's have a great time together here don't worry this place is sound proof no matter how loud it is in here no one will hear" She smiles as her eyes are closed.

"Not even the guards outside will hear us here."

"Let's begin".


20