Chapter Eight: Truck Now?
757 4 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

3rd Person POV:


A disheveled Tom and smiling Sophia had come out of the elevator.

As Farish and Ren approach the two with suspicion in their eyes as they look at Sophia discreetly.

Farish steps up to the two.

"So you guys have been gone for quite a while"

"How was it Matthias? You get a profession?"

Tom nods in confirmation as he rubs his hand in shame which goes unnoticed.

"Yea, mine is called Card Summoner"

Ren tilts his head in confusion at the unknown class.

"Card Summoner? Can't say I've heard of that before"

"Do you like summon cards or something?" He says to Tom trying to figure out what it does.

"Errm"

"Kind of?" 

Tom secretly glances at Sophia warning the two of them that he doesn't wish to expand on this further.

The two immediately notice and keep quiet.

"Well that's great Matthias" Farish pats Tom's shoulder bro-like.

"Thank you for everything you've done Miss Lightshope we'll take it from here"

Farish states to Sophia with a calming smile reassuring that Tom is in good hands.

Farish signals gestures Tom to come over which he does.

"Once again thank you for your help Miss Lightshope we'll be going now"

"Ah! Not so fast boys" She smiles as their retreating form stops at the sound of her angelic voice.

"Your forms still need approving and all three of you need your pictures taken to have a physical copy of your ID's"

"So you'll have to stay a bit longer" She tilts her head cutely.

"So follow me" She turns her back on them and gestures the three to follow as she walks towards the elevator once more.

The Three idiots look at eachother then nod resigning themselves to follow her.

She makes it to the elevator first as the Three finally caught up and get into it.

Sophia presses the 7th floor button which makes the elevators doors close.

The She-Devil stands near Tom with her large frame towering all three of them.

"Oh and I forgot to inform you all little Matthias over here will need to visit me daily starting at 5:00 AM everyday"

"Why is that Miss Lightshope?" The usually quiet Ren spoke up.

"Well you see Matthias over here is fairly new to this Adventuring Gig so I have decided to help guide Matthias with his newfound profession"

"I believe that I am the most qualified for such a task but I'm sure the both of us will enjoy our time together"

She smiles saucily at Tom as she winks at him with her eyes which makes him shudder in his mind.

Farish and Ren seem just as uncomfortable as red flags begin to spark up due to Sophia.

"Miss Lightshope do forgive me for speaking out of hand I do not doubt your abilities it's just the two of us are Tom's friends we can surely help him."

"I don't want to hear it Farish" She looks at him coldly.

"Do you wish to see Matthias die a needless death that could be prevented?"

"OF COURSE NOT" He replies in surprise that such a question would be imposed on him.

"Why would I doom someone I had saved? Isn't that counter productive?"

"Yes that would be but this realm has many dangers that lurk in the shadows"

"As a member of the Adventurer's Guild it is my duty to make sure any other member would get out alive in sticky situations"

"So it is my right to train Matthias and help him it would maybe take weeks, months or even years but It is a burden I can handle"

She looks at Farish dead in the eye daring him to challenge her.

"I do not wish to see someone so young die Daoist"

"I dare you to question me again lest you risk yo make the Guild your enemy."

She coldly and analytically explains to Farish.

"Very well you have made your point Miss Lightshope I do apologize to you then"

She just snorts at him and turns her head from Farish and Ozel focusing on Tom who just decided to be a p*ssy and stayed quiet.

*Ding* sounded the Elevator as it stops at the 7th Floor of the building.

Sophia merely grabs onto Tom's arm and pulls him with her out of the elevator as the Two others follow suit.

"Here we are" 

A massive studio was shown before their eyes.

Cameras and Lighting Soft boxes galore were revealed.

A huge green screen where people most likely get their picture from.

And a desk at the side with a brown haired woman whose hair is shaped into a bun.

"M-Miss Lightshope!" She stutters as she sees Sophia.

"What may I do for you today?" She says respectfully with a little hint of fear in her tone.

"These two" Sophia gestures towards Farish and Ren "Get their official pictures taken for their Guild ID's"

"O-Of course Madam!"

She stutters out then looks over to Tom curiously "W-What about him Madam?" She points at him questioningly.

"Prepare my personal studio at the back room make sure no one disturbs us" She orders her as her grip on Tom's arm tightens almost as if she can't wait to devour her newly hunted meat.

"Of course Ma'am" the brown haired girl salutes then goes over to the two and directs them to a green screen to stand on as she gestures for two other people to come work on their pictures.

She quickly moves over to another room which she unlocks with a key.

"Miss Lightshope if you will" she bows to her..

She nods wordlessly as she drags Tom's entire body with her.

He gives off a strained smile at the two of his friends who have been watching over.

A large black couch is seen with a bunch of cameras and light stands positioned on it.

The whole room is painted pink which oddly calms Tom's beating heart.

"Now then Matthias be a good boy and lay down on the couch" She demands him to which he does submissively.

The Brown haired girl just stands there in the corner awaiting orders.

"Now Unfortunately I can't make love to you just yet"

"But tomorrow will be a different story you will come here alone Tomorrow to the Guild without your friends okay Matthias"

He nods acting like he's still charmed to her.

Grinning at his nod.

"Excellent, Now to take a simple picture of your face stand over there by the green screen"

Matthias does as he's told and just stands in front of the green screen.

"Look stoically for me dear"

He crosses his arms and looks at her stoically.

She points a camera at him as flashes go by with fluttering sounds.

"Ara Ara~"

"Looking quite handsome there"

She takes a look at one of the computers on the side to check if there are any errors.

"It's all good now! Matthias dear!"

"You" Sophia looks at the brown girl who startles in surprise at being given attention to.

"Y-Yes ma'am?"

She inquires towards her.

 "Escort Matthias and his friends towards the exit of this building I'll be enjoying myself to these pictures for a bit."

"You can count on me Ma'am!" She salutes then gestures Tom to follow her which he does.

Farish and Ren can be seen chatting together solemnly about something then perk up when they see Tom not looking like he'd been attacked by a hurricane.

"Matthias you're finally out how many pictures did that even take? For us two it was only a single mugshot"

Ren says.

Tom scratches his head nervously.

"Ehh quite a lot I didn't know what was going on I just heard a bunch of flashes going off as I keep trying to keep my eyes open"

"Gentleman I believe I have to escort you all to the exit"

The brown haired lady interrupts them.

"Sure thing Miss lead the way no problems here"

Farish tells her with his ever so calming presence (what a hippie).

One Boring Elevator Ride Later.


"Thank you for signing up for the Guild gentlemen have a good afternoon" She tells to the three stooges as she bows to them.

They say their thanks then walk through the exit into the streets of Akavale with people still bustling around.

"So" Tom turns to face the other two.

"That Truck idea is sounding really neat right now huh?"

Scene End.


Really sorry for the late Update I was sick with some stuff which isn't Covid so thank god or whatever deity is watching I'm really grateful to modern medicine like hooo boy. Welp this was the chapter hoped you liked it and if you don't well guess what I don't too. Peace.

14