Chapter Nine: Testing the Waters
659 3 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

3rd Person POV:


"That Truck idea sounds neat huh?" Tom looks at them with a smug smile.

"Don't look so smug  about it!" Ren yelled out.

"Well I suppose that Truck idea has some merit" Farish glances at the two as they stand outside of the Guild Hall as crowds of people walk through.

"We'll get around to the Truck Idea later but for now Matthias let's have you demonstrate your Card Summoner Abilities"

"How will we leave the city though?" Tom asks the other two as they walk through the sidewalks of the City as cars and various vehicles vroom past through them.

"Not here we're being watched by people who lurk in the shadows" Farish whispers out which makes Tom frightened and Ren Tense up for a bit.

He grabs the two by the arms then gestures them to a well guarded building which has people going in and out once more.

"Look" He points out to the two.

There seems to be a slab of rock with symbols on with with a sign in digital letters saying.

Testing Area.


"The Hell's that? Testing Area? Is it what I think it is? Farish?" Tom glances at the man who then nods.

"Indeed this is a place where one can test abilities and or spar with other people."

"Spar? I can test my sword against people legally here?" Ren perks up with a battle hungry grin as he grips his sheathed sword.

"Yes, so here's the plan you two go in and test yourselves while I buy a truck and few other things for traveling which I'll then hide in my Spirit Ring here"

"Damn son! A spirit ring? You're quite rich fellow daoist" Ren exclaims.

"I have one myself but.. due to circumstances I don't really have all of my personal stuff with me right now".

He grabs the collar of his white robes nervously.

"I won't ask what those circumstances are due to me respecting your privacy don't worry I'm not much of a prying man" Farish reassures Ren with a smile giving off the friendly big brother vibe.

"Now go in you two! Shoo Shoo!" He shoves the both of them to go through the Gates entrance.

 He then walks off into some random direction fading away from their view quickly.

"Well Matthias don't worry I'm kind of a strong cultivator myself no one would dare to bully us in this place!" Ren puffs out his chest in pride as he cockily strolls through to get in the Testing Area.

"Damn who's the cocky guy?"

"I wanna wipe that grin off his face"

"Let's beat the shit outta him when he looks tired"

Tom sweat drops from the back of his head as he hears Ren being insulted by various people due to his cocky swagger.

He just follows quietly from behind looking apologetic to the insulted people.

"Ooooh what a cutie ❤️"

"Aww such a young boy wanting to test himself?"

"I want to devour him"

Are what some of the females in the crowd of nondescript people who were left in awe of Ozel's cocky strut.

He nervously tip toes over to Ren nervously as that last comment really has his ass on blast.

"Let's get in Matthias" Ren points at an empty area in the Testing Field.

They walk through as a dome covers the field.

"ALRIGHT!" Ren shouts over gaining attention of people who are training.

"MY NAME IS REN OZEL A SWORD CULTIVATOR I WANT ONE OF YOU BASTARDS TO LINE UP AND FIGHT ME!" He points to himself and gives off a handsome smile and winks at the nondescript Females who look in disgust.

"Oh and Matthias go off on the side over there and practice your Card Summoner stuff it's gonna get real ugly in this side" 

"Alright" Tom moves to the farther western side of the field which seems empty as Ozel has dragged and most likely pissed off people from this side.

Tom/Matthias MC POV:



Sheeesh it's been so eventful ever since Khota I just hope Ren isn't overdoing it and someone might kick his ass then mine.


I thought to myself worried some hidden boss might appear and clap our as*cheeks into oblivion.

Might as well try this Card thing out.


Looking at my hands focusing on myself to make a Card out of Mana.

Blue Mysterious Veins appear on the skin of my arms as A Card with the King symbol on it appears in my hands.

OH SHIT?! THAT EASY? AM I SOME ANIME PROTAGONIST???!!! 


My eyes widen out as I stare at the card in my hand slack jawed at my achievement.

Me an anime protagonist? Yea right go fuck yourself world I'm just trying to get my ass to safety no sir am I gonna sacrifice my life for some random nobodies.


"Damn" I said "Like Holy Hell! I can use MAGIC!!" 

I Laugh like a lunatic as I fall over.

*BOOM* an Explosion is Heard as my laughing ceases.

I look over to Ren's side as he's currently choking on a Nerdy Looking dude.

Wait a minute why does Ren look like he's gonna kill the guy?!


SHIT! SHIT! SHIT! 


I'VE GOTTA STOP THIS!!


I run fast like sonic the hedgehog sprinting with all I have.

"REN!! DON'T KILL THE GUY!!" I wave over.

He just looks at me confused as his hand is still on the guy's throat.

"Umm I'm not going to kill this guy we're just sparring."

He then throws the nerdy looking guy over then smashes a tiny machine under his foot.

The crowd behind him goes "Awwww" in dissatisfaction .

"SERIOUSLY CAN SOMEONE KICK THIS GUY'S ASS?!"

"CULTIVATORS ARE OVERRATED!!"

"BEING A CULTIVATOR IS A CHEAP WAY FOR POWER!!"

Some random people scream from behind Ren as he doesn't pay any mind to their banter.

"So I noticed you figured out how to turn your mana into Cards" Ren points to the Card in my hand.

"Yea I did it was awesome!" I exclaimed in excitement I mean who wouldn't?.

"I didn't think I'd actually get it first go so It was unexpected"

"It was Card Summoner right? Well use the card to summon something"

"Sure! But are you gonna deal with them?" I glance over to the Mob of angry people Ren takes a look too then shrugs.

"Meh after you've summoned something then I can get back to beating these guys they're great sparring partners" (punching bags you mean).

"Welp here goes nothing" I say I prepare my throwing hand as I throw the card onto the ground.

The Card glows and floats into the air as an intense pressure of Mana floods the Testing Area.

The Card Glows bright red almost like that of Lava then sinks into the ground.

A Gigantic Green Portal appears above where the Card had sunk.

3rd Person POV:


"PAIN.."


"Agony..."



"Shuggog ephaifm'latgh!!" An Unknown Raspy voice calls out in anger.

A gigantic black dragon's claw enters through.

Soon after A Humongous Black Dragon with raging eyes of an Inferno comes through.

"I AM DEATHWING THE DESTROYER!!!"

The Giant Black Dragon roared out as it's roar pierces the clouds the heat burns the Testing area's fields into molten ash.

The Dragon Looks below everyone like bugs it's piercing eyes of eternal unyielding rage brings fear into any that looks at it.

"AND THIS WORLD SHALL BURN BENEATH THE SHADOW OF MY WING" It states then opens it's wings and flies into the sky covering the area with ash.

Tom looks at Ren Ozel whose mouth has been hanging agape with widened eyes.

"Uhhh... I didn't mean too?" Tom looks at him sheepishly.

Scene end.

16