Chapter Fourteen: Spine of Deathwing
534 0 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

3rd Person POV:


In the Night Sky a Black Dragon soars it's menacing orange eyes a maelstrom of rage focusing on it's path.

Three Humans can be seen on it's large back.

A Brown Haired Kid with a boyish face dressed in simple casual clothing with a white t-shirt and simple jeans with shoes on he lays back side first with a pillow beneath his head as he sleeps as the Dragon slowly flies through the air.

A black haired man dressed with Purple Taoist Robes with blue stripes he has a solemn look as he mouths off something as the Dragon flaps it's wings above the Sea.

Then we have a black long haired man dressed in the typical white robes of wuxia novels he has his eyes closed in the lotus style sitting position with a long sword strapped on his back sheathed it is unknown whether he is asleep or merely meditating.

"The 4th Continent is known as Mortus a continent ruled by the Undead it is far into the North it is a place with multiple factions with no clear Leader that represents the Continent" Neltharion listens to Farish surprised that Undead linger even in this World.

"There are many smaller factions but the only one's that matter on a global scale are The Cult of Uton, The Blackheart, The Blightcaller's and The Macabre they are the Four Main Factions but there are rumors of a Fifth which I can't verify since I almost died in that place" He casually states as if death is naught but a mere annoyance to him.

"Undead... They are everywhere no matter the World" The Dragon disdainfully mutters.

"We won't have to do anything with them where we'll be going that is." Farish says almost as if trying to reassure Neltharion.

The Dragon scoffs at the Humans words him worried about mere undead? How laughable.

"You mistake me Human I do not fear the Dead I am a Dragon Aspect created by the Titans themselves no mere undead can even hope to scratch my armour" He pridefully states believing that these mere undead pose no threat to him I mean who wouldn't? He is a 1,087 foot Black Dragon with lava that oozes from the gaps from his armour who wouldn't be scared at the mere sight of him?.

Farish hears this mentally chuckling to himself which goes unnoticed.

"Of course These Undead aren't much of a Threat unless their Executives and Leader's get involved I hear that the Leader of Blackheart can match Sophia Lightshope in combat too bad she's that one's antithesis it's a bad matchup." He shrugs casually which makes the Dragon's non existent eyebrow twitch in annoyance at the mention of Sophia.

"Enough about the Wretched undead get onto the Fifth one Human, you have merely told me to go south which I'll guess will be the Fifth continent we'll be landing on..." Neltharion growls in impatience wanting the topic to change quickly.

"Hmm" Farish thinks it over for a moment then nods "Agreed I guess the Fourth Continent isn't too important to us right now"

"The Fifth and Final continent is known as Zaltrac It is ruled by a Conglomerate a coalition of Demi-Humans this continent is the one we are headed into It is a place where we can lay low and take the heat off us"

"Demi-Humans?" Neltharion questions Farish hearing the term.

"They are Non-humans then?" 

"Yes, they may resemble humans that's only cause they can take on Humanoid forms but in reality their true forms are that of various animals such as a Fox, Wolf, Birds, Cats, Octopi and various other races as well etcetera etcetera."

"Even those that dwell under the seas how interesting this World is..."


"Do they have Naga as well?" The Dragon turns his head as he flies slower to make sure he doesn't crash into something as he stares at the seated Farish.

"Naga? They are part of the Sea-Folk the Octopi are their representatives in the Conglomerate they have nations under the sea near Zaltrac so due to your massive form we may have alerted them to our presence" He informs the Dragon who now has turned his attention back to flying a bit faster now.

"Truly Intriguing this World you need not to fear these vermin they cannot Harm me!" He boasts once more displaying the Pride of a Dragon.

"Let's not get into their bad side now I want to stay on their Good sides cause well They Hate the Light Elves and the Light Elves hate them Zaltrac is the 2nd Nation that Faelax abhors almost to the brink of War."

"These Elves are pathetic creatures but it's good to know that they have some backbone unlike the pacifistic Elves I had in my World" Deathwing snorts then a memory comes of Malfurion stealing the Dragon Soul from him which makes him frown.

"The Dark Elves don't seem to hate Zaltrac or Krilia the Light Elves did this to themselves it seems"

"The High Elves though..." Farish sneers as the mention of these Elves once more hatred seeping in his gaze.

"I don't know about them they are Isolationists they may be arrogant and boast of their power here and there but they seem to not be interested in the potential war Between The Light Elves and Zaltrac"

"Both Dark and High Elves remain neutral for how long? I don't know" He shakes his head memories of grief and pain that remain locked inside of his mind that will never be shared.

Neltharion frowns at the mentions of War remembering his 10,000 year reign of terror as Deathwing against his Brothers and Sisters.

He shakes that feeling off and just focuses on heading south.

"All in all this World has no Good or Evil every side has a little bit of both when we arrive at Zaltrac do you have a Humanoid form Deathwing?" He questions the Dragon curious if he can change his massive form as his current form could scare and bring unwanted attention to their little group.

"Yes..." He trails off remembering when he had paraded as Daval Prestor to get into Lordaeron's Inner Circle and to manipulate the Alliance.

Farish nods approving of this not that Neltharion could see.

"Then we won't have a problem but knowing our Luck it could get bad fast luckily I have a few contacts and Old Friends in Zaltrac that could help us in case we're in trouble"

The Sun slowly rises up as the Black Dragon flies above the Ocean.

Deathwing sees this and remains passive after all He could keep flying even for Months.

"Wake the Boy up" He growls out which surprises Farish at the request.

"Why?" He asks the Behemoth.

"If He is to be my Summoner then He must spend every morning training himself to be Worthy of that position!" Neltharion states wanting this Human to be strong so he won't die too easily.


 "He may have proven himself with his talk and foolish bravery but he'll need the strength to prove it even further!" No Dragon wants a weak summoner after all wouldn't that make him a Dragon Aspect be seen as something that is soo easy to summon? No! 

He wants this Human to be strong! Not any kind of Human can be his summoner only one that can crush the World can and he'll make sure Matthias is capable of that through training he may not be as adept as his Brother Malygos at Magic but Deathwing is no slouch at Magic himself either.

Farish nudges Tom who seems unaffected by it and continues to snore and sleep soundly he's so deep asleep not even a Raging Storm could wake him from it.

Farish summons a wooden staff from his Ring and bonks Tom on the head.

*Bonk*

"FUCK!" Tom wakes up feeling his head get smashed by something blunt he sees Farish with a wooden staff in hand and gets pissed.

"What's wrong with you man!!" Tom shouts at Farish like a immature child.

"Well I was just told to wake you up by our mutual acquaintance Neltharion over there" He points at the back of the head of the Dragon.

"Indeed Human you need to learn to wake up at times like these every day the more sunlight you waste the weaker you become." Neltharion says without even looking at Tom.

Sunlight shines as the burning smoke from Deathwing's wings blocking out the sunlight and making the sky seem as if it was on fire a terrifying sight for those who gaze at the Dragon in the sky.


Tom just looks confused like a r*tarded puppy.

Neltharion as if sensing this opens his mouth to speak once more to explain to this idiot.

"I will train you in Magic Boy do not disappoint me only those with strength greater than mine should be my Summoner I have high expectations of you" He boldly states to Tom who nervously sweats at the thought of training with Neltharion.

"We are near..." He snorts as hot air comes off the Dragon's nostrils.

A large 

"That must be Zaltrac then..." Tom, Farish and Deathwing sees from afar a A tropical rainforest with Rocky mountains and vast stretches of grasslands stretching as far as the eye could see with various modern buildings.

"We're here then" Ren speaks from behind his eyes open from his Meditation?? Or Long sleep.

"Ehh?" Farish looks at Ren "Were you awake this whole time man?" Ren looks back and smirks mischievously.

"Well, I was asleep at first then woke up then slept again I just woke up right now" He shrugs his shoulders as Tom, Farish and even Deathwing have imaginary sweat drops dropping from the back of their skulls at Ren's explanation.

Farish looks at the Continent of Zaltrac and whispers as feint memories of joy seep into his Expression almost melancholic "I'm back..."

Tom stands up to look at the continent that grows closer and closer to themselves "Well New Continent, New Journey." A wry grin can be seen on his face as he remembers the various incidents that was causes by him whether indirectly, directly or by accident.

He remembers Khota and Akavale's destruction and hopes no trouble comes for them once more.

I didn't notice at first but over 20k words now! That's honestly so amazing that I've gotten this far without losing motivation. Honestly I've just been winging it this entire time hope y'all enjoyed this shitty novel of mine. Peace

16