Unexpected Help
4.5k 14 88
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I was floating in the darkness not knowing how much time had passed.

[I guess I died then]

“No, you didn’t die. You are in the middle of a forest right now.”

An unknown voice speaks out to me from the darkness.

“Who are you!? Where are you!?”

Seemingly out of nowhere a young woman, looks to be around early teens appeared in front of me. She had long silver hair, flawless pale skin, and her eyes had a pinkish hue to them. She was dressed in a short black sleeveless dress going down to just above her knees. Socks or stockings going up until they disappear in her dress and a pair of thigh-high short heeled boots.

“you’re not some kind of witch, are you?”

“Don't be rude! Comparing a goddess to a witch you should be punished.”

Once she mentions her being a goddess and old memories or hallucinations surge forth. Regardless of what they are, I feel resentment towards her.

“Ah yes, you probably have a strong dislike towards divine beings. Worry not, I’m not like those old fogeys.”

“Wait so these memories I have about...”

She cuts me off and proceeds to talk.

“Yes, that’s right those are your memories, you did come from another world. Your mind is all addled because your sister mixed a drug in with your food. She thought it would be entertaining.”

“Wait so the whole talking to myself and my other delusions are because of that...actually why am I not doing that now?”

“you are unconscious, your mind is temporarily separated from your body so the effects are a lot weaker. In about a week you will be back to...normal’ ish, but the withdrawals will suck.”

I give a sigh of relief and nod my head, that was good I was starting to really doubt my sanity. Making dolls was one thing as I was seriously bored, I tried exercising but my caloric intake was just not enough for that. Hopefully, the talking to my self ends.

“Right you said I was in the forest, that means I finally escaped?”

“Yes, that healer Delm healed your heart on the down-low when he removed the dagger. He didn’t heal the visible stab wound however, you still got that.”

“Ah, so there is a chance that I might die still then.”

“Maybe, I think he took pity on you because he left a small satchel with some very basic items. One of those items will help you heal your wound.”

Maybe I was wrong about Delm. I mean He never actually hurt me and he never insulted or berated me either. Now he saves my life and leaves me with a few items.

“Now then, Allynna, I suppose I should address your main concern. Your Soul Curse.”

When she mentions that I snap my attention to her eager to know what it is she wants to say.

“Now then due to my domain I govern, I recognized a large amount of power flowing through me due to a certain individual.”
“I am the Goddess of Misfortune. I gain my divine powers through the misfortune of the mortals of this world. When you arrived my power levels spiked. Believe it or not, I had the body of a child but because of you, I was able to grow. So, I thank you for that.”

With those words, she gives a small bow and resumes talking.

“As I was curious about this new power I was receiving, I did a little investigating. I eventually found you with a soul curse. Now a soul curse by its self is nothing, plenty of people come to this world with one.”

The realization of her words hit me and I blurt out before she could continue

“I got it! So, you investigated me and discovered something about my situation when I was being judged then?”

“Yes, exactly. There was another person at the mall the day you died who shared your name. She was the one that orchestrated the whole thing, but she also died during that mess.”

She lets out a sigh and rubs her temples a bit before continuing.

“Since the soul processing was understaffed that day some mistakes were made and two demigods had the wrong Jesse Owens. There was a blunder and they didn’t catch it until it was too late. So, the two demis tried to cover it up.”

“THAT'S SOME BULLSHIT!”

“Yes, I know and I need more proof before I can formerly bring up this debacle to the elder gods.”

“So, what do I do now?”

“That's why I am here. Because of the amount of misfortune, you generate I decided to accept you as a loyal disciple. By doing so I can grant you my blessing, which won't directly affect your curse but indirectly it could.”

“How does this benefit me? What is your blessing?”

“You liked video games in your past life, right? Well how about I make your life into one? Should you choose you will be able to grasp and understand this world much better than normal.”

I stand there deep in thought for a while thinking about my options. It was a good option too if it can help the curse I received. I wonder if it is like those novels I read.

“Ok, so what would being your follower entail?”

“Oh, nothing too much. I gain a slight boost in power from the misfortune of my followers as well as any misfortune they cause to others.”

Well, this isn't really bad for me. I can probably gain some favor by becoming a follower. She just needs to feed off my misfortune. As for misfortune I cause, that seems pretty minor.

“Ok, I'll accept both the blessing and becoming your follower.”

“YAY! Congratulations! You are my first disciple.”

She jumps into the air and does a fist pump.

“Well since you are my disciple it is time to formally introduce myself. I am Teona the Goddess of Misfortune.”
“You will awaken here in a bit, but before you do, I need to explain some things.”
“To use your blessing just think “status” and a few windows should open. You should get the gist of them quickly. Also, since you are a disciple you can speak to me simply by praying, but don’t always expect me to respond to you.”

I feel like I just gained something incredible just now.

“Aite well I am off, I got things to do. I'll talk to you later.”

With that, she disappeared. I felt myself waking up, the sounds of the forest I was in getting clearer. My eyes slowly open and I see the trees around me. Blinking a few times, I sit up and immediately wince in pain. I look at the source of the pain and I see a wound on my chest from the dagger. Looking around I see the satchel next to me. Grabbing it I put it in my lap and begin to rummage through it looking for what could heal me, I find a small red vial.

[Wonder what this does? Is it a potion?]

When thinking that a small window pops up, startling me.

Minor Health Potion: Can cure deep cuts and some internal injuries (+1 HP/sec for 10 sec)
Usage: Drink to activate effects

“WOW! It really does just pop up”

“Of course it does! That's what Teona said”

After the conversation with myself I down the entire potion. I start to feel the same warm feeling whenever Delm would heal me. After a few seconds, I feel the stab wound is healed up leaving a slight scar.

“Well, not like it matters. I got scars everywhere.”

“Too bad looks like you won't be able to marry now.”

“You shut up! Stop talking to me!”

I must look crazy having a conversation with myself. This whole side effect of the drug is very annoying. I hope it passes soon. I then remember the rest of Teona’s words and start to think of my status.

Name: Allynna Vassedras
Level: 1
Race: Human
Class: None
HP: 32/32
Str: 4
End: 16
Agi: 5
Int: 10
Wis: 13 

Skills:

Titles:
The Most Unfortunate One
Disciple of the Goddess of Misfortune
Blessings:
Soul Curse
Goddess of Misfortune

Ok so my stats are kind of low but that’s to be expected, I guess. I close the status window and continue to inspect the items in the bag. So far, I found a small knife, flint, what I assume is a type of waterskin, and a couple of pieces of bread.
I stand up and sling the satchel over my shoulder while moving my long black hair out of the way.

“Alright, I guess it’s adventure time.”

“You think you're cool now because of that blessing.”

“Shut up me, I don’t need your sass.”

Ignoring the rest of what I have to say to me, I pick a random direction and start walking.

Here is an explanation of the stats for those who want to know.

Str=Strength (Measures physical strength)

End=Endurance (Measures the bodies stamina and overall endurance to damage etc.)

Agi=Agility (Measures the bodies nimbleness and speed)

Int=Inteligence (Measures how easy it is to retain information and recall it)

Wis=Wisdom (Measures thought process and planning as well as common sense)

 

Thank you for reading.

88