Chapter 02
358 4 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Well, look at this.

I ended up making another chapter for this, somehow.

Enjoy it for now, because I am not sure I can continue it. (or my other fics really)

As the laugh of Thana slowly ceased, the Undead World Enemy looked at the corpses of the humanoids in front of her.

She walked towards one of the corpses, the corpse of a dwarf, as her arm radiated darkness.

Thana was about to make contact and use one of her necromancy skills before she stopped, her mind showing her memories of previous fights with the many players she had fought.

She looked around her, focusing mostly on the priestess-looking and mage females.

"... What are you waiting for? Will you brats not revive yourselves? You should be having access to True Ressurrection spell."

She ordered as she looked at the corpses, yet as she waited, there was no sign of life.

"..."

As she looked at the two corpses, she wondered.

"Hmm, so they are not going to ressurrect? Strange. I am pretty sure some of my previous opponents resurrected themselves before to fight me again."

She asked no one as she looked at the corpses expressing agony, as blood was spreading all over the floor.

"Or maybe, this particular group did not plan on doing so? I wonder why."

As she kept pondering, she was reminded by how just few minutes ago, things suddenly became...

Became what? Different? Strange? Clearer?

Her hand touched her face, black blood coating the lower part as the wound on her were closing slowly.

Thana looked for a while at the blood in her hand, and the corpses of her enemies, her mind asking questions that she could not know the answer for.

"..."

It had been minutes now since she had been... teleported? Transmigrated? Dimensionally pulled away from Yggdrasil?

Whatever it was, she is now in this new world.

She herself did not know what exactly happened, but these guys who fought her today...

"Did they fight me, assuming I will be transported to a different reality? Is that why they were fighting me without any plan to resurrect?"

As she pondered, her brain worked to find the answer.

Minutes ago, she was locked in Yggdrasil and it's rules. She was unable to leave her domain, unlike what she feels now is possible to do.

The bodies of players were supposed to disappear or turn into tiny fragments, but the sight of their bloodied corpses made it clear that this particular rule had either ceased to exist or was suddenly changed at least.

So what happened?

The red dots in her eyes looked around her.

Did the players expect to get her items the moment the reality changed?

No, that couldn't be.

Even if some of Yggdrasil's laws disappeared, there should be a limit to how far a change can be.

Thana doubted that they could take away her world items simply by having her stranded into another reality, unless teleporting her will result in an automatic win for them where her HP will become 0.

And from the way they interacted with her before the... transmigration... they did not seem to plan on actually defeating her, and if they did, then it was quite the poor attempt.

So, if they were not planning to defeat her that way, why did they fight her?

"..."

She thought more to find the answer, and she remembered something.

One of them had exclaimed "what's going on!?" after the sudden teleportation, so she could safely assume that they did not expect this result either.

"So did you expect me to suddenly die instead? No, did they expect me to just disappear?"

At that moment, something clicked.

Thana worked her brain to remember the many fights she had with Players.

She can remember the many terms they used while fighting her.

Aggro, DPS, OP, Cheating AI, Hax, and many more.

As a world enemy, and a being from Yggdrasil, Thana had innate understanding of most of these, and she could understand others she did not immediately know about.

But that did not explain her current situation.

Her memory went deeper, and she tried to carefully find out the answer, until she revisited the memory of her last battle.

She looked at the 'Hero' guy's unmoving body intently.

"Didn't this guy say that today is the last day of Yggdrasil?"

Yes, she can remember him saying that.

But, the last day of Yggdrasil? What did that mean?

Did Ragnarok occur? Were these people expecting death as the entirety of Yggdrasil ceases to exist? Was that why they did not care about fighting her? They knew their death was imminent regardless of her killing them?

That sounded reasonable, but something felt off to the undead woman. Why and how did they know that? She could not feel as the end was coming closer, and she existed for seemingly forever as far as she remembers.

Is it because they are players? Is that why?

Again, memories she had showed her that maybe that's the truth.

She can remember vividly that the players can use Super Tier magic, but these merencenary NPCs could not, as some players stated in front of her before.

"So, Players are indeed different than NPCs and other beings in the knowledge they get, huh? Let us see just how much..."

Thana pondered to herself before gripping her scythe tightly.

She used an undead summoning spell to create few weak Vampire Brides and had them strip the players' bodies from equipments.

After that, she pointed with her scythe towards one of the dwarves that she remembers was more focused on giving buffs to his fellow players rather than engaging against her directly.

"So, you are this group's buffing specialist, most likely? Hmph, you better be helpful. [Maximise Magic: True Resurrection]!"

Thana used one of the resurrection spells she had as a Goddess of Magic, and watched as the dwarf's body rapidly took a more healthy look, no longer seeming to be robbed of his life force, and he awoke with a gasp.

"W- Wha-!? Where am I!?"

He looked around madly, still disoriented and unable to focus on the area he was in.

He rubbed his eyes furiously trying to shake the grey and red from his vision, expecting to find himself in his house.

He did not find himself home.

"Hey, for how long are you going to look like an idiot?"

A feminine voice awoke him from his shock, and he looked to his left, and stood there in silence as he gazed at Thana's grinning face along with the Vampire Brides as they stood in front of the entrance of the room.

He rubbed his eyes again, before he realized that no, he was not in his home.

He became whiter than a ghost as his memory hit him.

Memory of Thana using her [World of Sacrifice] spell, as he could remember in detail as his life force was drained from him. He remembered the sight of blood, black and red, was spilled in front of his eyes. The sight of his teammate's body lifeless on the ground.

And this monster in front of him was the one to cause that.

"A- a- AAAAHHHH!"

He screamed loudly in terror as he backed away rapidly, feeling himself cornered by her.

"D- Don't come closer!"

He instictually raised his hands, as if holding a weapon, only to realize that he had none.

In an instant that suddenly felt far longer, he immediately realized that he was no longer in his gear. He was naked.

"Wh- what!? What is happening here!?"

He yelled in fear and confusion, his mind working faster than he ever thought, but his erupting emotions made him unable to comprehend what was going on.

Had he not been killed, not been exposed to the gruesome sight of Thana murdering him and his group, he would have processed the fact that he was apparently in Yggdrasil, as far as his mind coul understand with his limited knowledge, and he would have vaguely understood that he was in his game avatar, and could have felt his stats and skills up to be used.

But that did not happen.

Instead, horror consumed his insticts, and his eyes looked around madly in search for escape, only to find none.

"That's what I want to find out, dwarf."

The boss retorted, her raspy feminine voice spoken in a rhetoric tone as she grinned at him.

Three of the Vampire Brides rushed towards him, one in front, the other two rushing to surround him from the sides.

He watched in terror, as they were approaching him in what felt like a slow motion show, as their mouths opened showing their fangs, and their hands were raised, sharp nails clearer than he could have imagined.

He would have questioned how his senses became so sharp, had he not been pushed to panic.

'Move! Move damn it! I don't want to die here!'

He told himself as he watched the vampire brides seemingly slowly moving towards him, their intent clear, but he could not move his legs. The fear was too much, and even if he could move, a part of his mind told him that Thana will not allow it.

"GYAAA!"

He screamed in terror as he managed to finally move his arms as the trio reached him.

He swung his arms towards them, fuelled by the survival instict.

He did not believe he could actually kill them, he simply hoped he could scare them for even a moment.

SPLAT!

What happened instead was him watching as the trio who were hit by his arms exploded from the point of impact, blood spraying all around and over him.

He took a second to process the blood as he shuddered in fear, and fell on the floor.

"No... This can't be real! This is impossible!"

He denied hysterially as he looked as blood covered him, the smell strong and clear, almost making him puke. He didn't get to ponder on how physically strong he was, or how high his stats were. He could only focus on the terror in his heart.

"But, it seems that is now real, Player~."

Thana casually stated, pointing a palm at him, and momentarily forcing him to focus on her, as he denied her even further.

"No! It isn't! You aren't real! You were not supposed to be real!"

Her eyes narrowed as he kept himself to the wall, refusing to allow his eyes to look at anything but her, fearing what could happen if he stopped.

"Not real? What do you mean by that? Do you know something I don't know about my existence in Yggdrasil? Speak before I decide to do something unpleasant to you!"

She spoke to him, her voice commanding and inducing fear in his heart as she looked at him with an angry expression.

A black aura surrounded her, the result of a skill called [Aura of Fear III] to put more terror onto him.

He felt like something was contricting his body. It was not a physical thing, but a mental one, as he grew more terrified, until he broke down.

Tears were flowing from his eyes as he spouted nonsense that Thana couldn't understand.

She deactivated the skill and ordered him to speak properly.

He shuddered as he took a breath to calm himself (as much as he could) and speak well enough.

"Y- Yggdrasil w- was a g- game. A v- virtual reality one! You were not suppo- supposed to be real!"

She tilted her head at that.

Yggdrasil, a game? What did that mean? Is this guy implying that Yggdrasil was not real? That was absurd beyond her understanding.

Yggdrasil was real. Yggdrasil is real. Yggdrasil exists. Her memories made it clear that it did indeed exist.

But this guy, he doesn't seem to be lying. He is too terrified to be spouting such lies, and her insticts told her that he was telling the truth.

'But... If he is right...'

Thana pondered as her mind worked like lightning.

If he is right, then that means that Yggdrasil was just like an illusion. A very detailed illusion or concept that Players could "interact" with as if it was real. Which meant that Thana herself, was not real, just a piece of a concept that was made. And if she is to believe the way players interacted with her in the past, she was just a being that was created to be an obstacle to give the players a challenge before dying, most likely resulting in the ones defeating her being "rewarded" some prize.

And that possiblilty angered her something fierce.

The second possibility, was that this guy was being brainwashed somehow, that he did not truly know what was going on in Yggdrasil, and that whatever being or power that threw her here did something.

She hoped that this theory was the correct one, but as she kept hearing him babble more and more terms she felt completely out of place for the current situation, she felt that the first theory was most likely the correct one, as much as she felt wrathful at that.

She looked seriously at him once more.

"So, you say that Yggdrasil and I were... unreal. Yggdrasil was a game made by Developpers, and Players were humans from your... reality that entered it. You players used Game Avatars, or Characters you can spec in whatever way you wanted. And your senses of smell and touch were limited. Is that it?"

He nodded furiously at her questioning tone.

She felt like exploding at that, and her expression made it clear.

If he was not actually brainwashed, and he was saying the truth, then what did that mean for her? Was she just supposed to accept that she was not supposed to exist?

'No, I can't accept that answer. Or maybe, I no longer need to accept it. Because it is no longer the correct answer.'

Thana could feel herself right now. She is real. She exists now.

Even if she was not real, if Yggdrasil was not real; that was in the past, that was minutes ago.

She exists now. She can clearly feel it. Energy in her being, the smell of her body, the way her clothes hugged her body. These were not things that could normally happen in Yggdrasil from what he said.

Thana slowly calmed herself.

"And who are these Developpers? From what race are they? How strong were they, level wise?"

He gulped audibly at her questioning stare, and spoke rapidly.

He hoped that telling her will let him live, however unlikely.

"D- developpers are humans, like us in our original world, a- and they are the ones who created the g- game of Yggdrasil using advanced t- technology. Levels- w- we don't have levels back there! We all are most likely level 1 to 5 there back on our original world!"

So, they were weak humans?

She stopped herself from snorting at the absurdity.

For weak beings to create a whole world? No, he said that they created Yggdrasil using technology, something like automatons and machines, maybe? She can recall some automaton players saying some nonsense like "simulation" and "realistic virtual game".

Now, it makes sense.

Yggdrasil was a large simulation "game", and humans, the ones from Players' original world, were entering into it for fun or whatever reason they felt like it.

More questions told her that the game was supposed to end at midnight. At midnight, the game server was supposed to shut down and cease to exist.

She was supposed to be erased from existence, and the players forcefully logged out and finding themselves in their original world.

"But something went wrong, and now I am no longer in danger of having my existence erased due to sudden shift in reality. Seems that I got -what was the term your fellow players said before?- Isekaied?"

She chuckled at that.

The irony of her being thrown into another world, saving her existence in the process while the players (their corpses currently) were with her instead of their original world was quite amusing.

'But, I guess that this knowledge is enough for now. But I can't let this idiot live though.'

As she thought of that, she looked at th guy, tears staining his face.

She rushed at him, almost teleporting, and before he realises, Thana's scythe pierced his brain, killing him again.

The scythe was pulled out as blood poured, as she looked at his dead body uncaringly.

"Now, let us see how strong you can be. [Transform Undead: Overlord]!"

Thana used one of her necromancy skills.

Normally, this skill could not be used on players, but on their summons and pets instead, creating a similar-looking undead being with the same level as the turned-undead creature, and only four times per day, but she could feel that the only-summons rule had changed in this world. She had also noticed that she could specify what type of undead she desired to create, something that did not happen back in Yggdrasil.

Nagative energy poured from her hand as she made contact with the corpse.

Thana felt as her MP entered the dwarf's body, twisting inside it, modifying and changing it.

The skin of the dwarf disappeared, as a white sekeleton became aparent, and she felt a connection between her and the new undead form.

She had also noticed something different about the skill.

It was also changing the levels of the dwarf, as she felt him losing plenty of levels, as he gained racial undead overlord levels.

The results were an Overlord undead that lost at least 30 levels of various job classes he got, dropping his buffing and weapon enhancing skills drastically in return for access to more spells.

The new undead looked at her with red eyes, and she could feel his obedience through the link.

"How can I help you, my Lady?"

He bowed in front of her.

"...Well, I guess this is an accpeptable change in skills."

She muttered to herself before she asked him.

"Do you remember who you were before I remade your being?"

He kept bowing, and answered her in what she felt to be a regretful tone

"No. This servant does not remember. Forgive me for being unable to help you."

She just snorted as she mentally filed the answer, waving her hand, dismissing him for a moment.

"So, turning someone to an undead makes them lose memories of who they were before? Or maybe, it is because they were already dead? Will turning them into undead while they are alive do the same, I wonder?"

She pondered as she walked towards another corpse: the priestess-looking elf woman that died due to her scythe.

'It will be a little amusing to see what will happen to you, dear priestess~!'

With such musings, she used the Maximised True Resurrection spell to revive the elf priestess.

Just as the elf woman gasped, life returning to her, Thana's arm made contact with her abdomen.

The girl did not have time to process what was going on, before the undead monster used her undead transformation skill again, this time, choosing a Vampire.

The priestess shrieked, pain invading every inch of her body as negative energy spread from the place of contact, creating multiple pulsing lines on her body as they grew longer until they covered every limb of hers.

Thana felt as the negative mana she was unleashing on the elf's body was absorbing and corrupting the natural life force in the priestess.

Skin started to become paler, nails and fangs grew longer and larger, and the once-blue eyes turned blood red with a slit into them.

Again, the connection was made, as the world enemy could feel as the Elf's power dropped slightly, before returning, changing into something different.

The process only took few seconds, but with how intense it felt for both, it felt like a long time.

The process had ended, as Thana raised her hand away and looked as the elf-now-vampire gasped and breathed with a shudder as if her life depended on it.

The new vampire stood up, only to kneel in front of Thana.

"I bow for Thana, my Lady. I am your loyal servant, formerly named Kiyomi. Please, use me as you see fit!"

The Vampiress stated with devotion as Thana looked at her in interest.

"Kiyomi? Was that your name before I turned you? So, I can assume you know a lot about Yggdrasil and this... Earth world you came from?"

She asked with interest as Kiyomi stood up and looked at her for few seconds.

"Yes, my Lady. I know, and remember my life from before. There are some vague details, but the majority is in order."

At that, a dark and sinister aura started spreading from Thana, as she could not hide her glee and interest.

Her seemingly-melting mouth gave a nasty smirk as she looked at Kiyomi as the vampire and the undead bowed and shivered at her aura.

"Then... Tell me what you know about Yggdrasil and your previous world. And afterward, we will see how strong this world is. And if it was such a fragile world..."

Her red eyes glowed even more as she laughed sinisterly.

"After all, I was given a chance to exist in this world. It would be a shame to not change it to suit my desires now, wouldn't it?"

9