Chapter 03
223 2 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Third chapter here guys!

Note; changed Thana's unique undead skill name from "Create Undead" to "Transform Undead"

Spoiler

Also according to the timeline of the series, this happens before Ainz visits the dwarves AKA Quagoa massacre, so keep that in mind.

[collapse]

"Heh~ Quite interesting, indeed." Thana nodded to herself as Kiyomi finished talking about Yggdrasil and her previous world.

It had been quite the discovery.

Yggdrasil being a game was basically verified as Kiyomi explained the game's existence in details, and many of the terms and concepts she did not know about when it came to the game.

The entirety of Yggdrasil being created by large corporations and organizations in a city called Japan, with an extremely huge success at least for the starting years, with the numbers of sales reaching billions of yens easily all across the world of Kiyomi and the rest of the players.

One of the aspects that amused and intrigued her was the fact that Yggdrasil was a Pay-To-Win game which, Thana thought at the beginning, meant that the richer guilds in Yggdrasil will be the ones controlling the world of Yggdrasil.

That was stated to be wrong by Kiyomi, and Thana listened to the vampire's explanation.

Turns out that it isn't the money gained in Yggdrasil that made one gain any advantage they wanted. Oh, no.

It was how rich you are in "real life" as Kiyomi put it, and how much money do you spend on the game.

So, by that logic, and seeing how competitive the game was in its peak, a lot of people must be having good lives in that world if 2138, right?

Thana expected that, if only due to believing that a world that was so advanced to the point where creating such a large virtual world such as Yggdrasil must be thriving and generally a "good" world to live in, for humans at least.

She had thought of that, since with no gods fighting over the world, and monsters hunting humans and threatening them everyday, unlike what Thana's backstory was, would surely create a perfect world for humans to thrive.

These simple expectations were destroyed as Kiyomi went to explain just how utterly awful the world of 2138 actually is.

The world of the Players was polluted. So polluted in fact, that nature had practically ceased to exist.

Plant life was basically extinct due to the rampant toxic gases filling the air, as the once blue-sky was practically black due to all the black smog and fumes and the sun was only appearing every now and then.

The foodchain was also basically all but destroyed, as with plants dying, the animals were next as well.

Weather was also unbearable, as entire cities were covered with toxic fog, and acidic rain was something normal to occur, to the point that every human needed to go out wearing a mask and get artificial lungs just to survive a little better.

There were many other things as well such as the fact that the large corporations ruling the world and the rich people related to them were so happy about the idea of robbing these not rich of all ability to think by destroying any source of education and making it as difficult as possible to get a good education without having a good income.

The only way for someone to survive and get to a higher status is by either being born rich, or becoming a part of a system that abuses them and their families, and hope that a random person from the higher-ups will be interested and give them more money to survive with.

Either be an obedient drone, and be a useful one, or be thrown away.

That was quite simple to understand for Thana. In a way, it was like the summons; summons are by nature obedient, and naturally, they must have some sort of use to be summoned, or they would be thrown away and discarded, most likely to buy some time against a difficult enemy.

But what was quite hilarious to her was the fact that the humans, and from Kiyomi's talk about the discrimination of the heteromorphs, were talking as if the humanity is a united community. But it turns out it was only a face they show in-game.

There sure is no compassion towards their fellow humans in "real life", especially from the rich.

"And they created a world so toxic and deadly for your previous race. heh. It feels more like a world for undead to me."

Thana stopped contemplating for now and focused on the situation in hand.

"So, we, along with my dungeon, are stranded in another world, huh? Overlord, go check the area we are in, and don't endanger yourself if not necessary."

The overlord that was a dwarf just an hour ago nodded and went to check on the situation.

Thana summoned a few Vampire Brides to aid him in his mission.

They will be nothing but fodder compared to the nameless overlord, but they are pleasant to the eyes of humans from what she saw from the players' avatars and her memory, and they can cast the [Charm Person] and [Charm Species] spells, and their job was to scout the area and if they saw sentient or sapient lifeforms, preferably a being able to talk, they are to catch it and put them under control for questioning. The overlord has the [Dominate] skill as well in case the other spells were ineffective.

The overlord used [Perfect Unknowable] and left alongside the vampires.

Thana now needed to wait to see the results, but meanwhile...

"Kiyomi, you can persevere corpses, can't you?"

After all, it would be a waste to let them rot, and even more if they were used to summon fodder undead.

Thana's question was answered with a 'maybe'.

There are skills that can preserve items that she knows from Yggdrasil, but the effects of these skills on corpses was not something she knows, since usually when a player or a monster died in the game, their body disintegrates.

"But I think it is possible if we froze the corpses in a harmless way. Corpses are just meat and bones, and if frozen, they can stay for a long time. And I think that maybe I can also hide the corpse in my item box as well."

Kiyomi stated respectfully to her new master.

"I see. In that case, try to put one of the corpses into your item box, and if that fails, freeze them. You surely have spells that can do that?"

Thana commanded the vampire that rapidly picked up one of the corpses, a random dwarf, and sliced its arm. Better go with a small part just in case.

Kiyomi felt it in herself, the ability to access her item box as easily as breathing, and she entered the arm into the tear of reality that was her new storage box.

The hand entered with no resistance, as Kiyomi closed it, before opening it again, and picking up the arm.

"It seems that putting parts of a corpse is fine. I will be now putting the rest of the corpse as well."

The corpse was put in and pulled out with no problem as well.

Thana nodded at that.

"It seems that as long as an object is non-living or has no HP, it qualified as an 'item' and can be put inside. I think this will be fine for now. Put all the corpses except your mage friend's and that hero-guy's. I still have two more Transform Undead casts to use."

Thana's eyes shined ominously.

"I wonder, what about a level 100 Dullahan for the girl? I think that a normal-looking undead will be useful. As for that guy, maybe I will just let my skill pick the undead race on its own. That would be a little entertaining at least."


The overlord watched as the vampire brides walked in front of him through the empty dungeon, still hidden using the Perfect Unknowable in case of a threat from the outside was rapidly aproaching its master.

Luckily, as far as the group was sensing, there was no sings of life; though there was no sing of other undead as well except the naturally-spawning low grunts that are barely reaching level 30, even in the lower floor they were passing. Then again, the stronger undead required a much larger time to respawn.

At least it was better than no undead at all.

"This situation is quite sub-optimal though. No powerful undead to deal with the more powerful intruders." He sighed, even if the vampires didn't hear him due to hiding using the skill.

He watched carefully the area around it using HP and magic sensing skills every once and then, but aside from the undead belonging to the dungeon, nothing was sensed.

The walk felt quite long, though it might be because the overlord was trying to be as careful as he could.

The group kept marching, going to the third floor, then the second, and finally, reaching the first.

"Aside from the undead getting weaker and fewer like what was expected, there is nothing important."

One vampire bride stated as they almost reached the entrance of the dungeon.

The rest nodded, including the overlord, though no one saw him do so.

The door opened as the group looked around.

The vampire brides frowned at the sight in front of them.

As they watched, they saw as the two lines of pillars that were supposedly in front of the dungeon had not disappeared.

It was something instictual for them to recall, even if they did not see the pillars themselves.

It was like how summons instictually knew their skills and races, they also knew how the dungeon should normally be, and what flairs and aesthetics it had.

And this is how they realized how different their current place was.

There was no sky that could be seen.

Normally, even though back in Yggdrasil, the dungeon was located in a generally cloudy and dark area, one could see the clouds in the artificial sky of Yggdrasil. Not to mention the fact that the dungeon was located in an open and vast area.

Now, there was no sky they could see, and all they could understand from the sight that they were either underground or inside a cave.

The area seemed abandoned, as they could not see or sense any living or undead creature, but they could see what looked to be a collection of houses from distance.

The overlord looked around and he concluded the same as the female vampires, but he did not dispel his high invisibility spell, opting to use the Message skill to talk to them instead.

"It seems that we are in a cave or somewhere underground. Most likely a city. Let us keep going. And be careful, we don't know who there might be."

His message was answered with a "Yes!" from his companions, as they walked closer towards the houses.

As they got closer, they could see that the entire place was empty. There was no sign of recent fight or smell of blood, neither was there corpses they could sense.

It was like this place was abandoned.

The march stopped as they halted, looking at a large building, and the overlord sensed something.

Life.

There are living beings there.

The overlord ordered them to hide as he used Message once more.

Time to call his ruler and tell her what they found.


As the overlord and the brides were scouting, Thana had already revived the mage girl, named Ami, into a Dullahan, and the other male into an undead, resulting in him turning into a zombie.

Though she noted that his zombie racial felt quite weak. The guy, named Rei, told her that he only had 15 levels in the normal zombie racial tree, and he didn't really get anything more than a slight boost to stats as a heteromorph.

The world enemy was listening to their experiences of their Earth just in case they knew something interesting, but it was mostly the same thing about how horrible the Earth was.

She suddenly raised her arm and the two stopped talking as Thana picked up the Message.

{What is it? Did you discover something new?}

Her commanding and curious tone was clear towards the overlord.

{Yes, my lady. We are truly not in Yggdrasil. It seems that the dungeon had been transported into an underground city.}

Underground city? Is it full of living beings? She knew from the lore of Yggdrasil that underground areas were mostly full of dwarves and some beast-kin or demi-humans, and with the occasional heteromorph as well.

Her own dungeon could technically be counted as an underground one after all.

As if he was reading her mind, her questions were answered by her subordinate.

{It was practically empty. No corpses or living beings in sight. It was only after going further that we are now detecting signs of life. We are currently watching the area from a fair distance.}

{Perfect. Can you see how strong these inhabitants are?}

Thana's demand was swiftly answered with a "Yes!" as she felt through the link as the overlord was casting some detection and identification spells.

{It seems that the enemies are demi-humans, some race that looks like moles from what I can see and hear through my wraiths. Their levels seem to be in the 20s range and few reaching about 30~40. They are numbering in the thousands. I might be wrong though if they had some way to hide their powers. I am unfortunately not specialized in divination.}

He finished with what felt like regret.

Thana took a moment to process the information.

'So we are underground, and there is a demi-human race whose levels are in the tens to twenties, huh?'

Of course, they could be using skills to hide their power, though she had not really fought enemies like that back in Yggdrasil.

'Well, not that will stop me from seeing it by my own eyes.'

A smile crept on her creepy face, catching the attention of the group with her.

"Prepare yourselves. We will be seeing first-hand how strong the beings of this world are. You might as well see how stronger you are now."

With that, she gave the group some of the equipments she had taken from them, along the few equipments she had gotten from her battles in Yggdrasil thanks to the Item Drop mechanism that caused a player to drop an item after their death.

Of course, while not very high-end gear, the equipments can protect to a certain extent.

The group picked up the items that felt more suited to their new classes and race, avoiding the usage of holy-elemental weapons and armor.

With her subordinates ready, she mentally ordered the overlord to open a Gate to them, in which they passed through.

"Let us see what this world has for us."


"Heh~ Not a bad place. Even if it isn't as grand as my dungeon."

Thana stated as she looked from afar towards the area in front of her.

The large building was a slightly impressive one, if only due to it standing out from the other buildings she could see.

Thana, standing alongside her new subordinates and a couple more high-level undead, consisting of the Elemental Skull and Grim Reaper Thanatos, a huge figure clad in black armor with bones over it, along with a large sword with a skull on the hilt.

The fact that she could summon Thanatos without using XP unlike how players using this skill must do resulted in Kiyomi grumbling and calling hax. "AIs are cheating bastards!" she said.

After having a moment to be amused, the world enemy glanced towards her Overlord summon and the Vampires for a moment before she looked back towards the large building, her senses confirming the existence of living beings inside.

"Let's start then. [Create Undead: Death Knight], [Create Undead: Death Knight],[Create Undead: Death Knight],[Create Undead: Death Knight], [Create Undead: Screaming Banshee], [Create Undead: Skeletal Dragon]."

Mana pulsed from her as five undead appeared in front of the group, four being Death Knights, level 35 monsters with a sword and large tower shield each, and a Screaming Banshee, a level 70 spirit-type of undead, taking the form of a ghostly woman with eyes that were completely black, including the sclera, and finally.

The reason she summoned them was simple; they would be the ones fighting these mole-people at the start and if possible, capture some of them alive for interrogation while she assesses the danger level from a safe distance.

She felt it was better to err on the side of caution for the moment since a lot was still unknown to her. That was what she felt she would do eons ago when she was a human fighting gods. Even if it was nothing but a backstory written by some overworked software engineer, that was her past now. And she plans to learn from it from time to time.

The strategy for the moment was a simple one, hitting the enemy right away with her summons as she watches the opposite side.

The Death Knights could turn their victims into zombies and can survive a single killing strike with one HP, the Banshee could potentially kill living beings with her shriek even at high levels, and the Skeletal Dragon is there for added physical muscle and to see how high the other side's magic is. The Vampire Brides had their roles of Charming the ones captured if they were weak enough.

If the opponent managed to kill them, and depending on how fast the summons were killed, that would help Thana and the other high-leveled subordinates make a better assessment of the demi-humans in this part of the New World at least.

"Go."

With the commanding order stated, the Banshee, the Death Knights, Sekeletal Dragon and the Vampire Brides rushed towards the large building's entrance.

And the other mole demi-humans around the building.

The Screaming Banshee flew alongside her fellow summons, and when she reached a point that felt perfect-

"Kyaaaaa!!!"

A loud screech resounded from her mouth, spreading rapidly, and hitting everyone within dozens of meters.


Feo Berkana. Once, it was the capital of the Dwarf kingdom.

Long ago, the dwarves lived within the earthen halls of the Azerlisia Mountains.

A nation of dwarves, a race specializing in Blacksmithing, creating tools and armor, up to and including magical items. It was stated that their ability of craftsmanship was unparallelled compared to elves or humans for that matter.

This nation, isolated from the rest of the outside world for the majority of its existence, had only started to appear to the world a little by little, as the dwarves thrived, and the golden era of the Runecraft had begun thanks to access to plenty of mines containing rare metals and ores, along with a large underground society.

It all ended up too soon, as one the Demon Gods, beings with power so incomparable to the world back then, and still is, had attacked the nation.

The dwarven kingdom's capital, Feo Berkana had fallen into ruin and was abandoned due to the attack, as the dwarves escaped to the other areas, losing many of their citizens and their hero, the Runesmith King, in the process.

The Quagoa, a race of demi-humans with mole-like looks had managed to conquer the city and take it as their home. Part of it was the need of the Quagoa to consume and feed on the rare ores and metals that existed in the city and its mines.

So it was natural for both the Quagoa and Dwarves to have deep hatred to each other due to that.

And the results of that was the continuous assault of the Quagoa on the two remaining cities inhabited by the dwarves, which while not successful completely, was slowly whittling down the number of dwarves, something made worse by the sheer numbers of the Quagoa and their physical power higher than nomal dwarves.

It was only a matter of time before the Quagoa would end up massacring the dwarves and take control of all the mines and ores within the Azerlisia Mountains.

Today, like usual, many groups of the Quagoa had left to continue the pressure on the dwarves, while the majority of their race were in their city, making a protective siege on the city, and primarily protecting the large building that once was the dwarven merchant guild's building, where the Clan Lord of the Quagoa took as his residence.

The group surrounding the group was protecting it vigilantly, even as they were assured of their victory against the dwarves.

Quagoas were walking around, looking everywhere as they made sure everything is alright.

But when an ear-piercing scream reached their ears, without any of them expecting it, or having any protection against such powerful sound...

They felt as if their ears exploded and they fell on the ground from shock.

Some, were instantly knocked out, while many more had their lives robbed from them.

'What!?'

One of the few conscious Quagoa coud only think in panic as he opened his eyes, pain filling him as his eyes looked above him, and he saw the banshee flying, moving towards the building.

His body felt completely off-balance, but he still tried to rise, to move and warn his Lord of the danger of this figure-

A sensation of pain was felt through his neck, and darkness welcomed him.

The Death Knight didn't glance at the corpse of its victim, instead looking at the giant door blocking it and the other summons from dealing with their enemy.

From the link, it could feel its master's presence, commanding it to kill the enemy as she was watching them.

The death knights started bashing the door along with the sekeletal dragon, while one of the Vampire brides had captured some of the unconscious Quagoa to drag to her master for interrogation.

The Banshee meanwhile phased through the door like the spirit she was, unleashing her scream once more.

There were plenty of Quagoa harmed or killed by the first screech that came from outside the castle but with another one, that number easily tripled.

She then stopped the screams.

Thana had understood that the majority of this race don't have defenses against Instant death, so better check their physical and magical powers for now.

The banshee obeyed, choosing to use some of her skills specializing in debuffing instead as the death knights had destroyed the door, roaring loudly and massacring the defenseless ones first as the skeletal dragon rampaged, killing any facing it.

For the undead, this was a normal and simple job.

For the Quagoa, this was a nightmare.

Their speed, that was higher than most humans and dwarves, paled against the speed of these monsters, and their physical strength did nothing against their opponents that seemed to be sturdier than adamantite.

A few of them were slightly 'luckier' as they were spared from death by the vampire brides, but that was a hell of its own for all they knew.

This was the scene Pe Riyuro, the Clan Lord of the Quagoa saw when he came to see the enemy as he as well was harmed by the screech of the banshee.

It was pure luck for him to not have been simply killed thanks to having much higher power compared to his subordinates, but even he couldn't escape unharmed, as he could feel his head ringing, and had he not been focusing, he could have fallen unconscious due to the second scream.

'What are these things!? How did they come here? And why!?'

He glared at the undead furiously as they massacred his allies without mercy, hundreds of Quagoa who were still alive and capable of moving behind him as well.

It only took him few seconds to realize that the enemy was planning to kill everyone of them, and he couldn't feel any hint of remorse or care from the enemies in front of him towards the Quagoa.

"There's no way these monsters will accept our surrender... In that case! My subordinates! Fight!"

Unleashing his Rallying Cry, he watched as his followers were affected, abandoning their fear, their morale rising, as they rushed in frenzy towards the abominations attacking them.

The Death knights worked with a terrifying efficiency, killing multiple Quagoas in one slash of their blades, but they were only four undeads against hundreds of Quagoa, they were not an unstoppable force against such large amount of enemies as their levels were nowhere as high as the stronger undead.

Slowly, but surely, the death knights along with the skeletal dragon were suffering injurues as their HP dwindled, until they died, turning into dust.

The banshee didn't fight for long afterward, deciding to cast few more debuffs for a few moments and killing a dozen Quagoa or so before vanishing, causing the surviving Quagoa to breathe in sheer relief at their survival.

But they knew that this battle was anything but a victory.

"So many of our brethen lost..."

Pe Riyuro said bitterly, and Yozu, one of his most loyal subordinate could only agree.

Fighting these monsters...

Just the sheer power needed to kill these three creatures, it was beyond anything the Quagoa expected.

"Five thousand. Five thousands of us dead fighting them. And that's not counting the many who died from the two screechs from before..."

"What should we do now, Riyuyo-sama?"

Riyuro was about to answer when suddenly, a rift in space opened in front of them.

"What is going on now?"

Riyuro could only state and stare in shock as the first thing that appeared from that black abyss his eyes looked at was a curved blade that turned out to be part of a scythe.

A reddish-grey hand holding it, and as he kept gazing longer, he could only feel dread and terror as the monsters in front of him.

A monster whose face made of nothing but a skull, wearing robes, a group of pale-skinned people, mostly women, whose bloodlust felt like it was a physical power causing their insticts to go wild.

But the worst was the one in the middle, a woman with a reddish-gray skin and black sclera for eyes, only a small dot in these eyesockets, spreading terror as the the clothes she was wearing looked as if they sucked the color from the world around her.

Pe Riyuro could only look in terror at the monster in front of him, as she looked with such a malevolent and sadistic grin on her melting mouth.

"You can start by becoming the first of my new test subjects. I am really curious to see how things changed from Yggdrasil."

She spoke in such a cruel and uncaring tone, as the aura around her seemed to scream at them to just accept their fate.

Riyuro was shaking and sweating from the sheer terror.

He could feel it, these monsters are unlike the previous ones. There is no way to defeat them!

"My brethen! Run!"

He screamed, as he managed to launch himself towards the monsters in front of him, hoping against all odds that their race could sur-

One moment, he was in the air jumping, the next he was held in a chokehold by the scythe wielding monster as she looked at him with that terifying grin.

"There's no need to rush. You'll all be turned into good loyal undead later. But if you want to be the first, then I have to oblige."

He could only look at her eyes as they seemed to glow with red light for a second before-

"[Dominate]."

And darkness was the only thing he felt.

End of the chapter. Hope you enjoyed it :)

8