Chapter 05
281 3 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Dealing with the surviving frost dragons after killing their ruler proved to be a non-issue.

After killing Olasird'arc Haylilyal, the so-called frost dragon lord and his wives, the Undead World Enemy moved to deal with the rest of his children, and see if there are any secrets hidden in the large palace.

If there was anything that amused her, it was the fact that there was a dragon who was seemingly more focused on studying and reading books. Not books about magic or other beings so he can defeat them, but apparently some general knowledge about the world they are in.

Thana would have appreciated the knowledge she'd gotten her hands on regardless, since it would help her get a slightly more detailed image of the world outside and maybe determine the level of the nations around her, but the mere idea that a dragon who was supposed to be a fighter, became the equivalent of a bookworm with no power or skill or even any courage to speak of compared to his brethren was honestly funny to her.

Back In Yggdrasil, or what she "remembers" from its lore and the players' input, dragons were one of the biggest and strongest apex predators in the game. Beings who could deal with three players on their levels, if not more so, in some cases. They were so strong that three World Enemies at least were huge dragons with completely overpowered abilities. Dragons were meant to be terrifying monsters with agressive and almost-tyrannical attitude, deeming the players as ants who should be eradicated from Yggdrasil with extreme prejudice.

Almost all enemy dragons in Yggdrasil were greedy entities who had a severe case of being territorial and arrogant from their dialogue where they will curse at the players at certain points during a battle if they had any, insulting the players and their NPCs by calling them death seekers for daring to enter their great dungeons, and getting more and more agressive as the battle went and their HP went down.

In the rare cases they were not agressive and territorial, they would act with a grace that showed their power hidden beneath their skin. Kiyomi said that many custom dragonoid NPCs or rare dragon summons could have their personalities created or changed to be like that.

So Thana seeing a dragon that was being and behaving in the exact opposite way a dragon was supposed to act, almost cracker her up.

Hejinmal, the dragon in question, was an entertaining subject if she was honest with herself. Firstly, because he was quite different from the other frost dragons she and her undead subordinates had seen so far, both mentally and physically. Secondly, he was the first being who had immediately shown her proper respect since she had transported into this new world.

The poor dragon was in his room, not really knowing that his father had already died, when her summons broke the door in half. It was quite the shock for the young frost dragon to suddenly find out that not only did his room get breached, but the surprise on his face when he saw the undead in front of his door was just the icing on the cake.

He immediately groveled in front of her after she'd stated her name and the fact that she had killed his father and most of his family along with a very slight exposure to her [Aura of Fear] skill, making his expression one of terror. Quite lucky for him, his grovelling and swearing to be her minion had saved him from dying from a [Grasp Heart] she was about to cast literally a second later.

She had decided to let him live for the moment, though Hejinmal was forced to obey her. Not that he minded since he'd prefer not to die by her hands or by her subordinates.

He simply had the instincts to know when to cut his losses, unlike his late father and mothers.

'One thing he might have learned due to being weaker than most of his family. So maybe being a cowardly and weak dragon had some use in his case.' Thana mused to herself as she had the dragon guide her with her undead followers around the palace.

The group was walking towards the former treasury vault of the dwarven palace, which was incidentally, the same room Olasird'arc Haylilyal, Hejinmal's father, was staying in before his death.

"So that's the treasury's door, huh. Fascinating." Ami stated as she analysed it using the spell [All Appraisal Magic Item] to see its characteristics and structure.

The moment she cast the skill, knowledge she hadn't known before had immediately popped into her mind as if it was always there.

"Huh, so this skill changed in this world as well? Information is immediately shoved to my mind instead of a screen telling me the info like before. I really need to test my skills." she mumbled before focusing her attention on the knowledge that had appeared in her mind to the rest.

"According to my skill, this door was created by a dwarf that was given the name of the Runesmith King, a little more than two hundred years ago. A dwarf who was so terrifyingly talented in runesmithing and Runecraft, capable of enchanting items by engraving runes over them, giving them different and varied properties."

"The spell told you the history of the creator of the door as well now? Quite the change from before." Rei stated, noticing the new expansion of his friend's skill, and getting a nod for an answer.

"Yes, it seems that even out skills had changed or got expanded. Might need to check that out, if it's safe. But back to this door, it was created from a mix between Adamantite, Ugriecium and a very thin layers of Soshointine, one of the seven prismatic ores, though it is still quite fragile compared to a casual level 80 player. No, what is surprising is the many hidden enchantments and runic writings on it." she looked intently at the door.

"Apparently, it was enchanted to be extremely sturdy, more than normal for such metals, also, some runes to negate some amount of damage if hit wether via physical or magical attacks. Also, some runes negate any Teleportation spell below Tier 7. Along with some more runic engravements to insta-kill any spirits below level 50 if they tried to phase through the gate." Ami took a moment to breathe after she finished.

Rei whistled at that. "Wow! That Runesmith King guy must have been one hell of a genius to do this if he was a native to this world. Not to mention that Runecrafting was quite rare even in Yggdrasil."

"I guess he is, but I wonder what happened to that guy? He's most likely dead by now, since the frost dragons had taken over this area for decades. Shame that the Quagoa didn't have any useful informations about that. He might have been a little bit useful for making some rune-enchanted items for us. Though maybe some dwarves have the ability to make runes." Kiyomi sighed at that.

"We'll see what to do about the dwarves later, either today, or tomorrow." the creepy voice of their ruler immediately silenced them as they paid attention to the scythe-wielding woman as she walked towards the door.

"So, this door is supposedly very sturdy, can negate some amount of damage, and blocks low-level teleporting attempts. Since we want to open this gate without potentially damaging any of the items inside, I guess it's safe to say we won't do any of that. There was nothing about magic-induced destruction being nullified as well, right?"

"No. I haven't gotten any knowledge about that."

Thana mulled over Ami's answer before she decided to test some of her ideas.

"[Greater Break Item]"

The spell that had the sole purpose for destroying items, magical ones included, got cast.

A tiny miniscule fraction of the undead woman's MP left her as the spell targetted the huge gate.

The large door erputed was consumed by blue flames in its entirety for a few seconds before they disappeared-

And the door was still there, with barely any damage visible on it.

"Not even a scratch, huh? It's quite sturdy. Do you think using meta magic will do the trick?"

Ami wondered loudly as she looked at the door along the rest, while Hejinmal had a look of complete shock on his face seeing the undead casting spells way beyond his understanding, and repeating in his heart that he did the correct thing when he prostrated to them.

"Maybe, but let's try something else before that."

Immediately after Thana had spoken, Hejinmal felt as if the darkness consumed everything.

His instincts screamed at him as he sensed as if something was moving below him, feeling like there is something was watching him from every angle. Something that screamed the absence of light and warmth.

"[Dark Yet]"

The feeling intensified as the words left her melting lips, and he could see as the shadows around her twisted and expanded, growing larger and larger, almost taking a physical form.

The shadows then started gaining teeth and eyes on them. Their expression almost mocking. And as he turned around his head, he could see that they were almost everywhere around the room. On the walls, the ceiling, and the ground.

The only place that was not touched by the shadows was the door that protected the treasures of the dwarves for more than two hundred years.

Not for long, the World Enemy thought.

With only a single mental command, the shadows moved at an almost-blinding speed as they swung in an arc towards the great door.

The shadows, sharper than anything Hejinmal had ever seen, took less than a second to slice at the metal in their way. Dozens of sharp lines appeared where they had struck the treasury door, some of them intersecting over each other.

A few seconds later, a sound similar to that of shattering glass was heard.

"Did- did the runes just break right now? Oh- yes, they actually did." Ami apparaised the door again. The knowledge of who created the door was again present, but the info about the runes that protected the door was no longer there, and there was also a new information about the door being severely damaged.

"Hm, so slashing and damaging the runes makes them obselete. A good thing to know. Let's try this again. [Maximise Boosted Magic: Greater Break Item]"

The blue ethereal flames ignited, consuming the door once more under everyone's gaze, and this time, the damage was too high to resist for the door as it simply shattered, turning into dust.

Neither adamantite or Soshointine had survived the damage, and they simply got destroyed.

Thana only grinned as the undead players and one dragon looked in utter shock, bafflement and awe.

Hejinmal, due to witnessing the large door that had been almost-indestructible for as long as he could remember, being destroyed just like that.

The undead players on the other hand weren't surprised by the destruction of the door, focusing instead on the sight of the huge pile of gold that was inside of the treasury. It was probably ten times bigger than the small fortune that Olasird'arc Haylilyal was sitting under. And this was honestly the first time they had ever seen such amount of gold with their own eyes and right in front of them in both world.

"Man, I can't believe my eyes. This amount of gold is simply insane! And there are so many items! They also seem to have runes as well!"

"Right!? And look at this. There's an ice-elemental sword! And there are even some helmets and staves!"

Thana simply looked at the players as they giddily had their fun inspecting the items and putting the gold in large sacks they had in their item boxes. There was no harm for them to indulge a little as far as she was concerned. Undead might not need money as they don't need the typical necessities of living beings, but it might be better to have them nonetheless, just in case they had to interact with other nations and she wasn't feeling like murdering people and turning their corpses into undead or if she needed or wanted not to stand out as an undead right away.

It would be almost an hour later that the players had put all the gold and items in their item boxes, and they had decided that they will go to make a small visit to the living dwarves after a few more hours.

The undead players and their boss needed to milk all the knowledge they could about the path to the remaining dwarven city, Feo Jera, from the still-sentient undead Quagoa, and possibly Hejinmal or his books.

It took a couple more hours for Thana to feel satisfied before she commanded they march from Feo Berkana towards Feo Jera, and dealing with the so-called trials that separate the two cities.

Only Thana, her player subordinates along with the dracolich, Hejinmal and few of the stronger undead Quagoa were going, the remaining fifty thousand Quagoas being left there. The World Enemy deemed them not important enough to bring with her.

The first trial they had to deal with was a long, twisting and branching series of caves. A labyrinth, one can even describe it.

But, a simple labyrinth wasn't worth such cautiousness if the only thing one needs to worry about was being lost or not having enough items to sustain themselves. No, that would be too easy if the only problem was food and drinks, even for dwarves and Quagoas.

What made this trial truly deadly to even the frost dragons, if they ever needed to enter the labyrinth, was the many vents in it that spewed plumes of volcanic, poisonous gases that were extremely deadly to living beings. And even worse, there were some areas where the gases collected and became denser as well. The hot and fierce wind was also another troubling matter.

And while there were many paths that led to the exit, only one of them would also avoid having any toxic gas in it, and even that might not stay safe if one stayed for so long.

This was why this trial was given the name of the Maze of Death.

A trial that only these who are sufficiently prepared can deal with, or they would have a painful and gruesome death as poison surrounded them.

However-

Thana and her subordinates were Undead, a race that has no need for breathing. And even then, they had immunity to poisoning, so something of this level meant absolutely nothing for them.

The only one who was at risk was Hejinmal due to being a living being and having no real poison resistance, but Rei gave him a magical green pendant that can protect from toxic gases and poison in general, so the entire trial got solved with no threat to them at all.

The second trial was the Land of Molten Magma. A bright sea of scorching lava, and a heat so strong even breathing the searing air could burn one's lungs if not turn them into charcoal. Needles to say, that was extremely dangerous to living beings of this world, but even undead could die if they made contact with the lava, if they were mere liches or lower.

But what truly qualified this as a trial wasn't the scorching air, or the bubbling magma. It was actually inside that sea of hell. A huge monster that grew in this area, evolving as it adapted to the attributes of the elements it was surrounded with.

The large creature, resembling an anglerfish with a tentacle for hands instead of a lure on its head, and an oversized jaw that could probably crush anything and anyone belonging to this world. Though luckily, as long as one stayed out of the magma, it wouldn't even notice their existence, it just had that specialized kind of spatial awareness. However, the road to the Dwarven Royal Capital ran along a narrow, unsteady path that was only a little higher than the sea of molten rock below it.

But, just like the maze, it was simply too easy for entities such as Thana and the players.

All Thana had to do was to cast a [Mass Fly] spell along with Ami casting [Magic Ward:Fire] on the group, and it was easy to cross the sea of lava without any trouble. Even Hejinmal who was supposedly the weakest to fire was able to cross the magma with no problems.

The group descended on the other end of the road as Thana looked back at the moving magma.

"It seems that the Quagoas were correct. That thing didn't harm us at all as long as we didn't fall."

"Indeed, though we might need to kill that thing anyways. I wonder if it's possible to create an undead that is naturally immune to fire using that thing's corpse I wonder? Let's test it then..."

Thana answered Rei's input as she raised a single hand, her eyes seemingly looking beneath the sea of magma.

"[Grasp Heart], [Mercy of Undeath]"

As soon as she crushed the imaginary heart, she had felt her spell hit true. But just in very unlikely case her senses were wrong, she slashed with her Scythe of Absolute End, creating a sharp black circle as it expanded, resulting in a thin slash line that spread almost a few meters, almost unseen to the unobservant person, but except for Hejinmal, the players could see as the lava almost got sliced in two before it merged together once more.

"A~nd, that thing is dead. Thana-sama, do you want me to take its corpse?"

Thana responded to Kiyomi's question with a shrug, causing the undead priestess to jump right into the lava.

Aside from the steam made from her legs touching the hot lava, there really was nothing that caused any discomfort; hell, she didn't even get any damage at all.

"Hm, so that monster should be around here..." she put her hands inside the lava to search for the monster's corpse, and she found the first part in seconds along with the other half a minute later.

"Thana-sama! I've finished!" Kiyomi stated loudly as she walked towards her group's way with a half on each hand.

"That's one giant fish..." Ami said with awe and some humor in her tone as she laid her eyes on the giant fish-like monster that was hiding itself below the lava, her emotion shared by the fellow players as they saw their first real giant fish.

Thana only looked slightly amused, maybe even with some pride at her player subordinates while the dracolich just looked blankly at the body, treating it as either potential food or nonexistent.

Hejinmal, on the other hand, looked both awed and terrified at the sight of not only the giant monster he heard about before from his late family, but at the sheer ease it got killed, and the way an undead could so casually walk in the sea of lava and drag a monster's corpse that was easily ten times her size.

'I- I am so, so lucky I pledged my loyalty to Thana-sama,' he thought to himself, 'Otherwise, she could have killed and turned me into an undead!'

"Good job, Kiyomi. You have a very interesting body in your hands." Thana decided to be fair for the moment and gave praise as she took the corpse out of the vampire's hand.

"No problem, Thana-sama!" she stated as she watched her Lady use a necromancy spell to ressurrect the large fish as an undead.

The two severed parts melded together as the eyes opened, glowing a dull red as it screamed loudly, scaring the only living dragon around before it left the World Enemy's grasp and flew down into the lava.

Its body disappeared below the sea of scorching liquid before they saw its head coming out of the lava, seemingly unharmed.

But their eyes didn't fool them.

"It's losing HP. Though at a very slow rate. I guess this experience is a failure then." Kiyomi stated with a frown as she used some of her spells to see the stats of the creature.

"I mean, it was a bit expected though? It can't be that easy to deal with an undead's natural weakness for fire, after all. Remember the many forums of Yggdrasil we used to see about people requesting the devs for a fire-resistant undead at least, namely from bitter heteromorphs players? If this world obeys the same laws, it would be difficult to make a naturally fire or holy-resistant undead, much less outright immune." Ami put her two cents on the subject as she felt the HP of the poor undead draining.

"Yes, it is a failure, unfortunately." Thana stated, not looking truly sad about it 'But at least it isn't dying immediately an it is actually taking a long time to be killed, like most undead of his levels would, so I guess it's not a complete failure.' she reasoned to herself before focusing on her loyal subjects.

"Anyways, we can't be bothered with this anymore so, [Gate]"

Space warped at her command as an oval portal appeared right above the lava as the large anglerfish jumped through it and disappeared, the spell dispelling afterwards.

"I sent it to the previous Quagoa hideout. Let's continue."

With that, she had turned around and walked towards her destination, Hejinmal's screams of waiting for him resounding in her ears but she paid little attention to them.

It was some time later that they had reached the final trial separating them from Feo Jera.

The Great Rift. It was, like the name implied, a huge chasm that spanned for dozens of meters, and was easily hundreds of meters deep. It was an imposing challenge for the Quagoa to breach it, even with the only way of physically crossing it being the long bridge made and protected by the dwarves.

Any other detail did not really matter to the undead goddess as she could see the dwarves who were supposed to protect the bridge for the moment even from so far.

"Heh~ I can see them. They look like I expected!" Rei exclaimed, gazing at the sight of the dwarves who seemed to have realized their presence, his eyes suddenly ignited with fire that almost puzzled Thana and his comrades alike.

"Short bodies, even from this distance? Check. Axes and hammer for weapons? Check and check. Longass beard? Triple check and K.O!"

"I, still don't see why you're excited. They're just some generic-looking dwarves. Why are you this excited over them when we were literally fighting dragons?" it was Ami who asked him flatly. 'Geez, was he always like that before? Oh wait, he kinda was in Yggdrasil, though not as much.' she thought in amusement to herself.

"Wait- you're serious? You don't see it?" he looked at them oddly, getting a raised eyebrow from Thana and a huff combined with crossing the arms for the other two women. Hejinmal was kinda forgotten alongside the dracolich and the undead Quagoa.

"Oh, man. You're not joking..." he stated in complete shock before speaking once again, "Isn't it obvious? Beer! Alcohol! That's why!"

"What does beer even matter? We're here to massacre them. Well, if Thana-sama wished, we could have undead make beer to us-"

"Yes, yes. But that's not the point! Dwarves' beer! Dwarves are known to be the best alcohol makers in fantasy lands such as this! And if I am being honest, I'd love to taste it!" he interrupted Kiyomi's point.

And this time Thana got ignored as she watched with raised eyebrows as the trio bickered with each other. Something about about how great dwarves' beer was or that it doesn't matter.

'Hmm, this atmosphere. There's something strange about it. Almost familiar...' she looked intently at them, feeling a strange sensation of familiarity but she just couldn't put her scythe on it. 'Nope. Can't see it. But it makes me amused watching it for some reason, that's for sure.' she told herself as Rei made a remark about some alcohol in their original world looking like it was just some sludge mixed with piss and the hangover giving an even worse headache than being slammed with a hammer.

"Thana-sama! Please tell these two that we'll drink some of the dwarves' awesome beer!"

Rei's exclamation shook her from whatever strange sensation she was pondering, and she looked at his pleading and almost-adorable (ignoring the fact that he was a zombie with his face seemingly rotting) and the two othe women just alternating between glaring at him and looking at her with begging eyes to make him shut up.

"Yes, yes, you can get your beer," he almost cheered at her bored statement, "though since we are undead we'll never get drunk, and we don't need to drink or eat anything anyways. So I don't see the point in beer regardless." he immediately felt like his soul left his body.

"No getting drunk? How can life have any purpose if I can't even drink away my previous life's sorrows?"

"Too bad, you're not even alive now. You're an undead. There's no need to care about a purpose in life if you don't have any life to speak of. Anyways, as tragic as it is to be unable to get drunk, we can have the 'drunk on bloodlust and loving the sight of your living enemies trampled under your feet as they slowly die, their bodies beccoming nothing but empty husks to make more undead from' alternative."

Finishing with the same flat tone, she pointed to the garrison on the other side that was closed off with no dwarves in sight as they had disappeared inside the garrison the moment they saw the dragons with them from the distance.

"But man, I still want to taste beers from this world. I'm pretty sure any food here is better than that sythesized crap I've had to eat everyday." he stated even as his hand gripped tightly on his sword.

"Fine, we get it. Leave some dwarves with enough intelligence to create alcohol for you. Might as well try my luck on my own Vampire Creation skills. I need to drink someone's blood and infuse them with my negative energy, and I still didn't get any chance to drink any blood since my transformation! I'm already so enticed by how good the taste must be!" Kiyomi stated as she looked at the garrison with a barely-hidden excitement and bloodlust.

Oh, yeah. Plenty of blood will go to her mouth this time...

"Very well, lead the way. The only two rules are to make sure you keep plenty of their bodies relatively intact, and not to die. Otherwise, have fun."

The permission of their mistress granted, the group moved rapidly, the player trio ahead while she flew right behind them, Hejinmal told to enter a Gate she had created where he will find himself in the royal palace along with some of the undead Quagoas and the dracolich. Thana did then rush towards her stronger followers, and she saw that the gate of the garrison was charred even though it was made of mithril and alloyed with orichalcum. Definitely Ami's magic doing its work.

Soon enough, she had found herself in a spiral-shaped tunnel, and she could hear the screams from there and see some of the bodies on the ground.

'They sure enjoyed themselves.' she mused, moving towards the many corprses and spamming the [Create Undead: Death Knight] skill to turn them into undead as she sped up to her subordinates, reaching them in mere minutes as they had already broken the doors on the other side.

And true to her expectations, she was seeing quite the massacre, albeit a little too late since they had already killed all the dwarves in the are.

Everywhere she had looked, there was a dead dwarf on the ground, and blood almost soaked the entire area. There had to be a few dozens of them by her estimation.

Ami was sitting on a chair she'd created with her [Create Greater Item] spell, licking the blood that was on her hands with an almost ecstatic look. And around her a bunch of vampires kneeled in front of her, and she could see them looking quite a lot to the dwarves.

Kiyomi was holding a head of a dwarf, its expression one of terror before she threw it away when she noticed Thana's presence, while Rei was holding a heart he had extracted from a corpse below him.

"It seems, that you've had some fun. So, Ami, how does it feel to taste the blood of your enemies? I bet it felt so sweet for a True Vampire like you, didn't it?"

"Yes, Thana-sama! It was the best! It was like I was a kid taking their first tase of delicious candy, like I've discovered the secret to (un)life itself, like I had the best orgasm a woman can wish for! It was like a beam of light piercing the darkness! It truly was a magnificient feeling~! I, Ami, had truly surpassed all my previous world's humans and all living creatures when it comes to tasting this unparalelled feeling of pleasure~!" she gave a loud moan as she finished the last drops of blood on her arms.

Ignoring the "Okay, that's damn hot!" whisper from Rei and the seemingly indignant blush from Kiyomi, Thana focused on the new weak vampires Ami had created with her vampirism skill and nodded to herself. Excellent for a first try, and they seem quite intelligent and are capable of speech.

The new vampires kneeled in front of her seconds later, giving their oaths of loyalty nt only to her, but her player subordinates as well.

"We, the humble servants of Ami-sama and Thana-sama, prostrate and present ourselves for our masters. I, the previous chief-in-command, named Gendo Earthbeard, humbly beg you to use me and my knowledge as you wish!" the dwarf with long red hair and beard said in devotion.

"Excellent. Then you can lead us to the city proper. Hm, by the way, you can make alcoholic beverages, right? My subordinate asked for some before."

"Yes, My Lady! We have beer with us here! We'll bring it right now if Rei-sama so desired!"

She casually dismissed him with an arm as he ran along the other low vampires, bringing one of the prides of their previous race to their new overlords, and she had either collected the corpses into her item box or made some low-level undead like the Death Knights from them.

"You truly did very well. I am honestly impressed. I loved the voices of anguish you caused when I heard them." she told the players as she created a small black throne to make herself comfortable.

"Thank you for the praise, Thana-sama!"

The trio bowed, respect and elation clear in their voices at the praise of their Lady.

"We shall take some hours to enjoy ourselves for now. I think we had progressed very nicely so far, so entertain yourselves for the moment."

Right then Gendo returned with the alcohol, presenting them with a large cup of the beverage.

"Okay buddies, cheers!" Rei declared, raising his cup before completely swallowing the liquid almost instantly, while Ami and Kiyomi simply drank it, the three of them having tears on their eyes seconds later.

Honestly, Thana didn't understand why they were being this dramatic even as she decided to just go with the flow and drank her own cup.

'A strong and enticing taste, indeed. Even I can see that much. I guess dwarves are truly the experts of this stuff. Still, they are acting like they neve- Hm. Their lives as humans sucked, right. I feel pity for their former selves, to a degree.'

She let the group have their fun getting seconds and thirds while she had decided to take a small walk around the large military base while making more Death Knights along with Death Warriors and some Elder Liches. She had also decided to summon some Jack the Rippers and Corpse Collectors as well. Some variety in the undead types she creates never hurts.

Only a few more corpses, then she might try sleeping in this world, if she can.

She doesn't remember being really asleep in Yggrasil, when she was locked in her dungeon. Sleep was a distant memory from what she believed were her human life.

'And done,' materializing a throne once more, she sat on it as the various types of undead bowed in front her. "Go guard the surrounding rooms and area. Notify me if something dangerous enough to kill any of you is around."

With the order given and the undead disappearing from her sight, she gave a long sigh, and closed her eyes.


"Hm, it seems it had been a few hours...?"

Empty black eyes opened, showing small red dots inside them as the Evil Goddess registered the presence of colors in her mind, instead of the almost-surreal blackness she saw when her eyes closed.

'This answers my question about whether I in particular can sleep. Now, let's see the others. If I am correct, they are probably awake.'

Standing up and dispelling the throne, she marched to where they were.

The trio were still in the same room, the scent of alcohol clear in the air as she opened the door. They, alongside the other lower vampires and undead were awake, and for some time as well, if the cup in Kiyomi's hands and the frantic way Rei and Ami separated from each other so quickly is anything to go by.

She'll pretend she didn't see the last part.

"Good to see you're awake, and prepared for this day with all the excitement of a bunch of undead making out with each other, for whatever reason." she ignored the possibly two lovers' mortified looks while Kiyomi just looked at the duo, "We're going to crush the remaining dwarves soon, so prepare yourselves. I'll be outside."

With that, she simply teleported outside, using the mental link between her and the other undead surrounding the area to see if anything strange had happened, but aside from more dwarves being killed as they entered the area, to check on their friends most likely, nothing else happened.

Within moments, the players had exited and they were ready.

Ami's newest vampire slaves had begged to be the ones guiding them to the city proper, and Thana had no reason to reject such a small request with the way they treated it as one of the greatest honors imaginable.

The march continued as a moderately fast pace thanks to their nature as undead not needing to worry about being physically tired, but the players had enjoyed the sight of the natural caves and paths they passed by. They were still amazed by the sheer beauty of the world around them even as they indulged in their undead desires to kill and exterminate living beings.

'Maybe we'll never get used to seeing this beauty. I wonder if we can persevere it while still creating a world of Undead, Thana-sama?' Kiyomi asked mentally, as if she expected the goddess around her to answer, but none came. 'Well, I might ask her later.'

With that, regardless of anyone's mental questions or opinions, the travel had ended in what barely felt like an hour, and the group of undead gazed upon the huge city of dwarves, Feo Jera.

"Amazing..."

Thana didn't care who had said it, but she understood their praise. There was something fascinating in seeing the huge amount of buildings, definitely made by many dwarven experts as they were close to each other from so far. And she could see even from afar that the city was built mainly for trade purposes, as she could see how the major buildings were made to fit humans inside them.

"The job is simple and clear," the command in her tone clear, Thana had spoken "kill all the dwarves and present their corpses to me, or turn them into undead. Try not to cause too much damage to the surroundings."

With the orders given, an army composed of dozens of Corpse Collectors, Death Knights, Jack the Rippers and more, alongside the player trio ran towards the houses. Some running so fast they left multiple afterimages behind them.

Doors were immediately sliced, windows shattered, and in few cases, entire walls were destroyed, and in less than a minute, panic had swallowed the previously-calm city.

Even as she descended to the city, the screams of terror were already filling the area, and the smell of blood was slowly spreading in the air.

Some of the dwarves met a quick and simple death, being sliced in two before they could even register the danger, some were thrown into walls with enough force to destroy a wall, while others ended up being turned into lesser vampires and vampire brides thanks to Ami's vampirism as she sucked out their blood with an almost sadistic expression, and they then were unleashed on their families or friends.

Few others got their limbs hacked, and in some cases, they were burned badly due to a Fireball or a Lightning spell from the Elder Liches.

"Truly, an entertaining sight~" she told herself as she casually walked around, marvelling at the extenction of life around her before her eyes looked at her left. "Hm~? Someone is still alive around here and in hiding? Or maybe they didn't notice somehow?"

She walked towards the small house on her left, looking at it with an amused look, the feeling of life clear to her senses.

"I tested quite a few of my spells so far, but I never tested any of the soul-related skills I got by killing and absorbing that pesky Hel goddess yet, didn't I? Let's see, [Soul Extract]"

A scream of pain and agony resounded around her as she felt something being pulled from inside the house.

In seconds, an ethereal red-colored dwarf-looking entity phased through the wall, its face expressing torment as she grabbed it with her hand.

"So, this is how a soul looks here in this world? Not like the shapeless red mist back in Yggdrasil, indeed. What shall I do with you? let's try... [Soul Jail]"

The soul of the dwarf unleashed an even louder scream as it felt itself being compressed, as if something was forcefully controlling its shape.

Until all what was in her hand was a small red sphere pulsating with a small amount of energy.

'What should I do with this thing now, I wonder? I can use this to buff myself temporarily or I could just give it to a Soul Eater so they gain a permanant buff, albeit a very small and weak one.'

In the end, she put the soul orb into her item box to find a use for it later, turning the corpse inside the house into a Messenger, an undead with the look of a cloud of roiling black mist as countless fearsome, ever-changing faces emerged from within the mist belonging to many species and races. The sounds of wailing and weeping echoed as the mist enlarged, breaking the wall as it reached a meter and half in size.

"We show our devotion to Thana-sama. Please, order us as you see fit!" it stated with a voice that seemed to belong to multiple beings at once.

"Go massacre any dwarves who are still alive."

With that order, the Messenger left to do its duty while Thana chuckled to herself. It was really a great event, her being transported to this new world.

"I guess I should now see how the rest are doing. Kiyomi is most likely making some dwarves into vampires while the other two are either killing or testing their own undead creation skills."

An explosion resounded as a pillar of flame reached dozen meters in height, burning a few houses into nothing but a charcoal.

"Or, testing their spells. Didn't I tell them to leave the collateral damage to a minimum?" she gave a sigh but there was no real anger in her tone, "That [Vermellion Nova] sure can look entertaining though. Well, not like a few buildings will matter in the long run."

With a simple shrug, she slowly moved once again, knowing that there's no need to rush.

Her subordinates are more than enough to deal with such a trivial task, after all.


In the end, the massacre of the dwarves had ended in only an hour, and that's only because the undead group took their time to kill all of them.

Thana had gotten a few chances to test more of her spells such as [Soul Destruction] that simply destroyed the soul of anyone without enough instant death resistance, [Deep Shadows] which expanded her shadows and anything that couldn't escape simply got swallowed into them as if they were inside a quicksand, and [Sphere of Toxicity] that locked a target in an extremely intense poisonous and acidic sphere where anything low-level simply rots and corrodes.

She had also noticed that those whose soul was completely destroyed or sealed couldn't be revived even with a Maximised True Resurrection, tellling her that souls in this world are more important than when they were back in Yggdrasil, since with Yggdrasil being a game, the actual souls didn't get harmed, and if one of her Soul-related abilities worked on players, they can simply revive themselves again with no real problem to their actual bodies.

'But now, such safety no longer exists, huh?' the undead monster mused to herself as she had created a Soul Eater and gave it the few souls she had sealed.

Minutes later, she was enjoying the sight of the dwarf zombies, skeletons, or vampires as they kneeled in front of her alongside the remaining undead. Ami, Rei and Kiyomi were standing next to her as the lower undead gave their oaths of fidelity and swore to obey Thana and the undead players until death separated them apart.

"With this, the dwarven kingdom is officially no more, huh?" she spoke loudly to herself, "there's the few Quagoas that are located in Feo Raidho, but it isn't such a pressing matter. If they tried to return to Feo Berkana, they will be massacred by their former companions, or the dragons. Either way, it doesn't matter for now."

"Then, what should our next step be, Thana-sama?"

A few seconds of silence passed as Thana thought of Rei's question, before the answer came from her melting lips.

"You said, that you've never seen a real sky before, didn't you three?" she didn't wait for a response before continuing "It might have been nothing but a fake memory, but I still remember it as clearly as always. Locked into my dungeons for what felt like eons. You can say I want to see this outer world just like you. Do you want to stretch your limbs outside this large mountain right now?"

There really was no arguing what she asked. If anything, the gratitude and elation on their faces was almost palpable.

"Yes! We'd love to! Thana-sama!"

"Very well. Gendo, bring us to the surface of the mountain."

"Yes, My Lady!"

The players along with Thana had followed Gendo across a series of twists and tunnels as they took the walk slowly this time, and it was soon enough that Gendo had stopped them, pointing to his left as an orange light was shining brightly, lighting up the entrance where humans and other races would have usually went to enter the dwarven kingdom.

"I'm already feeling so excited!" Kiyomi stated with a small increase in her speed as she went to the source of the light. "I can't believe it. I'm finally going to see something other than the black smog covering the sky! I ca... can't..." her voice stopped as she reached the entrance.

Her eyes widening in sheer shock and surprise as she trailed off, completely ignoring her friends as they called to her.

"Kiyomi! What happened!? Why did... you...?"

"Oh... My..."

They could only look where her eyes were gazing, their expressions nothing but utter awe and shock.

The sun was in the sky. The glowing bright sun was in the clear sky.

As far as their eyes could see, there was nothing but nature as they could see. The pure unrestrained beauty that was nature, was in front of their own eyes as they gazed at it, barely able to even speak.

"It's so pretty..."

Even as it came as nothing but a whisper from her mouth, Ami's voice was heard, almost resounding in the area as she didn't notice herself flying in the air. The very clean and pure air as she looked in front of her.

"To think that something this beautiful could even exist..."

Everywhere she looked, nothing but beauty could be seen, as the sun ever-so-slowly started to disappear from the horizon.

"To think that a sunset could ever be this impossible to describe..."

Even as tears came out of her eyes, even as the rest of the group was already besides her, she could only gaze.

"The way a sun sets is beautiful, isn't it, Kiyomi?"

There was no response from the vampiress towards her Lady's almost soft tone as she spoke.

"To think, that I love it. This sight. As the sun is slowly disappearing from the horizon. It reminds me of a world reaching its end. But an end can always become a new beginning. Your previous world had gotten its last sunset as it ended. And here you are, with the chance to protect this world from ever having a last sunset. That is, if you wanted to protect this new treasure of yours."

The sun was almost gone as the moon started to appear and shine in the night sky, as stars sparkled faintly.

"Enjoy the sight, for you deserve that much. And if you still want to persevere the beauty of this world, then I shall grant you permission."

With that, she flew even higher as she gazed at the moon.

"Hello my friend, it's been so long before I got to see you again..."

Announcement
Hello, buddies! Fifth chapter here, and I hope you've enjoyed it!

So, some people have been asking me on Fanfiction where Ainz and Thana/her subordinates will interact.

I've said before it will be before the dwarven kingdom arc, obviously. But I realized how ridiculously vague it is, and it doesn't help that every arc has different implications when it comes to the interactions between Ainz and Thana, so I am going to make a poll determining when Nazarick and Thana's party will interact, and go with the results from there.

The poll will be both on Fanfiction and Scribblehub and will be open for a week, and the choice I will follow will be the one more liked on both sites. And without wasting anymore time! Here you go! 

The Undead Monster: When should Thana and co. interact with the lizardmen?
  • Before the Shalltear fight (season 1 first half). Votes: 1 11.1%
  • After the Shalltear fight but before Ainz's 8 days warning to the lizardmen. (between seasons) Votes: 0 0.0%
  • During the lizardmen's first fight with the undead army/cocytus. (season 2 first half) Votes: 8 88.9%
  • After the lizardmen had been subjucated but before the demonic invasion (between S2 arcs) Votes: 0 0.0%
Total voters: 9 · This poll was closed on Feb 5, 2023 11:11 PM.
6