Chapter 29 – It all began with a kiss part 3
780 2 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The smell of rain wafted through my windows, the sounds of thunder explodes like swords clashing, night turned to day as I lose someone important to me and to the entire country.

SLAM!

The mansion door slammed shut, Bastion was wet and shaking, trying to catch his breath while his Master Derek grabs ahold of him.

“MASTER, THEY’RE HERE! YOU MUST LEAVE!” Bastion pleading to my father.

But it was already too late.

"By orders of the Queen, We are here to arrest the noble Sir Derek of Elkia! The man who committed multiple heinous acts of treason towards his own people.  If you do not comply by surrendering him to us, we will be forced to use lethal action to apprehend him."

A woman clad in full armor was the commander of the troops, and she shouted beyond the mansion doors.

I woke up from the commotion, rushing outside the bedroom door.

And I could see my father slowly but surely marching towards the mansion door, the servants pleading, convincing him to escape together with his family...

But my father only shook his head.

“I cannot risk the lives to those who have served me well and to those I consider as my friends.”

The servants once was rambling with conviction to stop him fell silent.

Derek holds Bastion by his shoulder and says “Please take care of my family while I’m gone.”

“A-A-a…as you command my lord.”

My father smiled, he faced towards me on the second floor, his face disheartened as he sees his only real family sobbing.

Then he opens the doors.

“I AM DEREK FASNILD!”

Just as how quick doors open, the howling wind accompanied the soldiers as they apprehend the most respected Noble of Njilven.

That was the moment that tripped my conscience, I moved from frozen and state and overwhelmed the fear that petrified me, I returned to my room and grabbed the ring my father gave me and rushed down to stop them from arresting my father.

Down the flight of stairs, Lilina chased after me, poised to stop me from my absurd goal.

I didn’t want to be stopped, thus I quickly barged through the group of servants who were barely trying to stop me from interfering but I was too determined, too unwilling to let my father get captured, get arrested.

“My father didn't do anything to betray his country, he loves his people too much!” I argued.

But the soldiers were already dragging my father into a carriage and set off.

Hya! The soldiers rode off with their fast horses.

I was able to shake off Lilina from her grasp and I ran towards my father, evading the mansion guards and still chasing after the already speeding carriage...

But I couldn’t.

Till I was at the point of collapse, I dragged my worthless pathetic body trying to come after my father's carriage but too soon, they were already lost from sight, the rain still pouring hard I dropped to the ground exhausted and out of breath.

I looked at my hand, the hand that was supposed to bore the ring that carries the power of a hero was gone.

Feelings of fear, anxiety, and hopelessness welled up inside of me, and I scoured the muddy road looking for my family's heirloom, until I my breathe could be seen as fog.

It was pointless.

I was dirty, wet, and tired. All I could do was look at the sky weep...

Then a figure caught the corner of my eye.

I turned to the left and it was the face void of emotions, cold and piercing...

None other than…

"Lilina?"

"Verron..."

Lilina my father, I need to save him! I said holding on to her hand.

“Verron…”

“We need to chase after them, these bastards are doing the wrong thing!”

“Verron listen…”

“No!” I tried to pull myself up.

Instead she pushed me down.

“Lilina? What are you doing?”

But without a word she kissed me softly on the lips.

!?

“I’m sorry” and she striked me on the neck.

I was losing consciousness, and she leans for another kiss.

And everything faded to black.
.
.
.

Following the arrest of my father, the entire region roared into turmoil, The local Lords couldn’t accept the fact that my father was arrested and labeled as traitorous.

And they all agreed that the Queen and his wife conspired against him.

The reason? To put all the regions under the Queen’s complete control.

Derek was one of the Best governing noble of the country, favor was turning to him and what’s more he is one of the few remaining male nobles that still reside in the Country but the Queen and her sacred decree wants to turn the Kingdom’s government into an all-female sovereignty so my father was an intimidating opponent that she wanted off the list.

But this was all mere speculation, a theory thought of the nobles, there was no real evidence that clearly states this so my father was detained without trial.

And the next person to rule his region is to be his son right?

Wrong.

I was still 16 years old at the time, and the age that was required for the heir to rule was 18, so with no legal heir yet to rule the region the next person to rule by Njilven law within the family was none other than.

Elise.

The wife of the Noble.

The nobles did not like this one bit.

The Lords all thought It seemed to coincidental, too suspicious or too convenient. But they couldn’t argue because, they couldn’t rule out speculation as fact.

So Elise Ruled Elkia for the next 2 years without question, not many changes were made the region was governed just the way it was before.

But everything changed when both me and Lilina reached 18.

In a courtroom in the governing building of in the central city of Elkia, the Lords and Elkia’s current noble Elise have an argument.

“The Heir is supposed to be the noble’s child” A lord with a scruffy beard argues.

“Verron is the one who belongs to the title of Noble of this region.” Another one added.

“You’ve been noble for 2 years but that was only temporary because the child isn’t at that age yet.”

The courtroom turned into a rouse of arguments declaring that Verron the Son of the imprisoned former noble is the rightful heir to the noble title.

SLAM!

The hand slammed the wooden table, and in a snap all the voices turned quiet and all eyes turned to the cause of the sound.

Elise Fasnild formerly known as Elise Borough.

“Verron may be the son of the Former Noble, but just as what I said, my late husband is a former, therefore he’s lineage and title will now be passed down to the current noble which is me, and my only daughter Lilina.”

“But Miss Elise, many of the Lords in this room dislike the idea of changing the master that we serve, according to Njilven law, that Verron is the rightful heir and besides we upholded this fact of preserving our region’s heir as a Male.”

“So you’re telling me my daughter is weak?”

Elise asked the nobles.

“I didn’t mean to say that but-”

“Then we’ll decide it with a duel then.” she says cutting the old man off.

“That’s absurd, you can’t go telling us that the fate of this region is up to the outcome between them.”

“Yes and I can.” 

The doors of the meeting flew open and their an unexpected guest has arrived.

“My Queen.” Elise bows as the Queen enters the room attended by her body guards.

Lucrelia’s beauty was astounding all the Lords bowed their heads without question.

“Since before the defeat of the Demon God Sien, our country always decided the leader to be the one triumphant in battle Isn’t that right Sir Garfel?”

“Yes, my queen.” The Old man with a scruffy beard says agreeing.

“Then it is no problem that my right hand’s daughter will challenge your former noble’s son in a trial of combat?”

Everyone was silent. Nobody wanted to speak up and argue with the Queen.

Who’s very presence made the room feel as cold as ice.

“And without further ado let the duel be on the way.” Lucrelia the Queen says with a clap.

.

.

.

I couldn’t stand a chance.

Me and Lilina we fighting in a private ground within Elkia.

She was wielding her Sword whilst I was barely wielding my own.

Minutes has already passed since we started and the onlookers of this match was the Elise, the Local lords and the Queen herself.

She charges again gracefully, like a ballet twirler of death, she slashes her sword at me non-stop whilst I could barely deflect her, cuts were made here and there, and it was clear that I was reaching my breaking point.

But looking at my own opponent she is getting tired herself.

I did my best too, making her attack whilst all I do was defend was the best strategy I got.

The Lords were anxious, even Elise herself who was very confident at the start of the match was biting her lip, seeing that her prodigious daughter was breaking a sweat.

I didn’t want to give up, I didn’t want to disappoint, I trained harder ever since my father got captured so I kept training and learning.

And more minutes passed by me and Lilina were panting ourselves out.

Lilina broke her face of petrified emotions and instead a face full of anger and frustration was apparent all over.

I smiled.

From the corner of my eye I could see the Queen, clutching on to her chair.

And Lilina stances herself for another large swing.

I braced myself seeing clearly how to counter it.

She jumps in the air once more, and raises her sword with  a one hand strike.

In that moment I stepped to the side bracing for a counter and there in that exact spot I punched her armor to the side, knocking her off balance and finally defeating her!

The arbiter tries to raise his hand and announce the winner but instead.

Like a wind, a swipe connected to my face I could barely react, and I fell down on the ground.

All the air was knocked out of my face, my ears ringed and my body churned from an intense amount of pain.

Next thing I knew.

Lilina was standing over me with the tip of her sword over my face.

And it was decided.

Lilina was the new Nobless of Elkia.

And I was left on the ground battered and pathetic…

Stripped of my family, my pride and dignity.

All was left my dwindling morality.

But that too will be taken.

Tonight.

4