Chapter 32 – The Good, the Bad and the Mercenary
458 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

What you saw at the end was just a glimpse of my future, Olken, the Crescent Luna I will return to retake what is rightfully mine, thus I spent the last 3 months with the Njilven Rebels.

A rebellion whose leaders were affiliated to my father Derek Fasnild.

And within those three months, a lot of things happened, a lot of ''good'' things happened... and all starts with two great mounds.

VOLUME 2

Chapter 32

 

(Outskirts of the Capital.)

With  the sun at its blistering peak, on an unpaved road a cloud of dust following the cluttering hooves of a galloping horse, A certain rebel woman races away from her pursuers whilst being latched on to a disgusting insect of a man...

Hey Eine! aren't these mounds amazing!

"Veron! this is a mount ya dumb ass."

"I know what I said and besides I know this horse is great." 

"I can't believe that stewpid carriage driver sold us up."

"Well can't blame him, the pub was already crawling with Njilven soldiers, we're just lucky to steal this horse on time."

"Hmph, even with da stupid carriage we could've outrun those stupid soldiers."

Well, we would have left them in the dust if you weren't so blood thirsty all the time.

"What would ya expect, I'ma bloody mercenary I thought you woulda join me in caving their head in Bro, I mean we gotta do anything to survive."

"Yeah, yeah, right just focus getting them off our fucking tail and stop calling me Bro it's disgusting."

"No can do, wait till the boss hears about you bro."

We were going on a decent pace with the wind brushing through our face but so were our pursuers, so we need to shake them off some how

Then a flaming ball of fire landed right beside us!

What the fuck?

In straight weird ass fashion, a cloaked magician was standing on a horse's back and chanting spells towards us.

"Holy- Eine do you have an idea to shake them off somehow?"

"Don't cha worry I already got this, it's right up ahead!"

"What do you mean?"

I peeked over her shoulder what lies ahead nothing but a

CLIFF!?

"Eine what the actual fuck!? are you trying to kill us" 

"Trust me!!! Hiyaa!!!" she exclaims as the horse gallops faster.

The cliff came closer and closer until.

WOOSH! the Horse is jumping to our deaths!!!!

I hugged her tightly

BASH!

What the??? the sounds of creaking and cracking wood filled my eardrums

and I opened my eyes, it was platform on the side of the cliff?

"This is one of our hideouts!" She exclaims  "This is the one we used as a base of operations when attacked that night" she says pointing at the large cave on the side of the monstrous cliff wall platform.

Crumbs of dust and pebbles fell over our heads, the soldiers already arrived at the edge finding us on the conspicuous man-made structure, the creepy kkk wearing ass of a magician wasted no time firing a fire spell towards us blasting the platform away, swishing away smoldering ashes to the ground below.

"Well, that was a dumb move" Eine commented

"Tt's dumber if we wait for them to catch up let’s go..." I retort

Eine just pouted and we both hopped off the horse.

.

.

.

The cave had a staircase, amateurishly constructed, but usable, the tread slowly since this wasn't clearly made for a horse to climb on to, yet we got out of the cliff side unscathed.

"Soo.. what a chase right Bro?"

"Yeah..."

it was a bit of an awkward silence when suddenly chrome speaks up

~Master Veron, I feel a surge of negative emotion nearby.~

"Hostile?"

~Lethal.~

"Oi, Eine your friends are here."

"Focking finally! Hey everyone, it's just us!"

And in a flash a few dozen assassins in black cloaks appeared through the trees around us.

"Isn't that the man who defended the Queen!" a rebel spoked out

"Yes, that’s the guy who prevented her from harm’s way!" and another one 

"Whoa, whoa no need to get hasty now, I'm on your side." I hastily remarked back

"Yer better drop those knives or yer gonna have a bad time dealing with this guy."

"But Miss Eine! He's an enemy, he's one of them!" says the pseudo-leader of their group

"Well men have priorities and this man had different plans; I mean do ya remember the big commotion back in the capital?"

"Yes, when you and our fellow assassins escaped from the Queen's dungeons."

"Yeah, that's the one" Eine then proceeds to drag me off  the horse "Oii Eine what the fuck?"

Pointing to me she puffs up her chest with pride and refutes "This is the one responsible for helping us escape."

"Why would their ally help the enemy escape! Unless.... HE'S A SPY!!! The boss will be so pissed when she hears you brought an outsider to this, it's better to off him right here and now!" 

"Listen, this guy is just as screwed as we were, I mean he was being hunted down by the Hero Lilina herself"

"Their already scornful eyes were now then filled with more caution and a hint of fear"

He's even affliated to the legendary commander of Njilven's Queen? Eine are you out of your mind?

The atmosphere got tense, many of the rebels were already latching on to the blades by their sides.

"Seriously Eine, did you really have to slip that detail up!?"

"Oops..." she says with a slight embarassed look on her face.

"Ahh fuck it." I said in a short breath.

The pseudo-leader of the group of assassins wasted no time pouncing towards me with a blade and Eine immediately jumps to my side to shield me.

She held me with her back exposed, her eyes widen, her head arched forward

,the blade poked her skin, but no blood gushed forth.

Eine looked behind her and surprisingly all of her rebel allies were on the ground, and the leader was flat on the ground face first, arm stretched forward with a knife.

the scene comedic in a sense but Eine couldn't comprehend. 

"Eine...please let go you're crushing my spine..." I pleaded to her

"Oh, shucks bro sorry... but what happened to them?"

Suddenly as the body tried to stand an invisible force started dragging the leader off the ground

"Curses! What kind of humiliating sorcery is this???"

Thanks to Eine earlier, Chrome was able to collect a lot of negative emotions in the tense atmosphere.

~Master I don't want to cause an alarm, but I don't have enough energy to do this all day, I can only maintain this form for so long.~

I know chrome just wait, let me think for a sec.

"If you don't want to cooperate, I'll just play with you guys all day long until you do, capiche?"

"How about we beat some sense into them Bro?" pounding her fists together 

...

"That won't be necessary Eine."

"What the, Eine where did that come from?"

But Eine didn't say a word and suddenly stood at attention.

"Oi, what the hell are you doing?"

"She's here ya idiot" she said whispered loudly. "Just do what I do!"

"Young man put your hands where I can see them"

"Ha!" the pseudo-leader scoffed

"You thought we were alone?" the assassin leader mocked

I can only grit my teeth, I didn't take into account the fact that they may have been a scouting party, I reluctantly raised my hands

"Eine at ease" The voice said in the woods said.

Eine relaxed her stance and multitudes of rebel soldiers surrounded us with crossbows aimed directly at me, with the voice in the woods finally showing her face.

Long brown hair, with a beautiful face befitting of her age, but a large slashing scar on her left eye gives me an impression of a powerful person, she’s wearing decent clothes... and even more decent she's showing a lot cleavage too. like damn is she even wearing a bra at this point? wait, Veron, focus, she looks like a noble, or landlord of some sort, is she really the leader of the rebels? I was expecting a woman like Corelia or something...

She walks towards me

"Would you be so kind to let go the scouting party you have taken hostage?" she said looking at me with her arms crossed.

"Do I look like I have much of a choice?"

I quickly unwrapped Chrome's chain from the assassins and returned him to his ring form.

"Hmm... Interesting, it’s my first time seeing such a peculiar magic weapon." The Lady Boss said

“The one and only” I replied with a smug on my face

Feeling the tension loosen out, Eine quickly struts to the lady boss and whispers in her ear.

The Lady’s brow raised

“Is that so...well then” she turns her attention back to me

“I hear that you have come to us with good intentions”

“Yeah, I’m offering my expertise for you” I said with a chest brimming with confidence

“I am interested, but unfortunately I don’t trust you not one bit.” She then looks at Eine and nodded, prompting her and the other soldiers to act

“Hey, what are you guys doing- mppphhh?!?!

Eine quickly grabbed my arms to my back and cuffed them, while she placed a gag on my mouth.

“We’ll be bringing you to our base, but necessary precautions are needed to be placed, so please cooperate with us for a while.”

I understand their intention to be wary and they don’t seem hostile, but all of this is just ridiculous.

Looking like some kind of BDSM gimp, the final nail to the coffin was a sack over my face.

"You will were this until we have safely reached the confines of our base, so for now please bear with it." The lady boss assures me.

 So she's telling me, that I'm going to wear this gimp outfit for the entire journey to the who knows how far base, though all of this is useless since Chrome can just survey the area for me, then again it pays to have them put at least a bit of faith in me.

Eine Carries me and proceeds to ride on what I feel seems to be a carriage

~Well this seems interesting.~

Tell me about it.

And thus the start of my partnership with the Country’s rebellion starts with a kinky get-up, what could be worse than this.

Holy Bollocks It's been already almost a year since I last Updated, I was completely unaware of the hardships my Course in College would have brought me, seriously medicine is no joke so you gotta take it seriously, so I have decided to update atleast once a week for the next Volume,  Sorry for the absence my dear readers but fret not my fellow connoisseurs, I am alive, well and kicking. I will now continue with the series and hopefully end it by the end of 2021.

Once Again Thank you and hope you enjoy my work.

1