Chapter 35 – The maidens of war
268 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Even with the sunlit skies with no cloud in sight, A flash of lightning and thunderous roar, Eine quickly brandished her twin Short swords, as the fourth hero lifts up her ax from the ground, the rebel soldiers who accompanied us, breath their last as the nun's crimson guards comes to her aide.

4 women loyal to the Crimson Church, clad with Blood red armor, 2 swords maidens, a crossbow wielder, and a cleric went in between Eine and Niine.

"Capture this heretic, we need to mend her ways and return her to the fold!"
In unison, the four women responded with "Yes Sister!"

"Eine" I commanded to her. "Let me handle these women."

"Are ya telling me to fucking bounce!? This bitch is a hero!"

"I didn't mean all of them." I said with a smile "Give that woman a taste of your blades."
Her face once painted with contempt, morphed into a maniacal grin. "No doubt about it!"

She rushed towards the 4 women looking to attack, quickly prompting them all to a defensive stance but as she reached their proximity she jumped over them at ease and quickly dodging the measly attacks of the guards.

The crossbow wielder quickly trotted and aimed towards Eine, and fired!

But in a sudden push from her Crossbow, the bolt immediately shot to the air.

"What in the name of the Goddess!?" the Guard exclaimed

Using Chrome, I tipped her aim upwards and made her miss her shot.
(WHISTLES) whistling I called out to them.

"Hey! Hey! look over here! I'm your sparring partner ladies, leaves those two with some alone time."

"Isn't that the guy who saved the Queen!? Why is he helping the Rebels?"

"Yeah, the Rebels must have brainwashed him, the Queen will be pleased if we take him back."

"But wasn't he the Commander from that backwater frontier called Olken?"

"This ain't gonna be easy."

"What you guys scared?" I said with a smile and a taunt.

I mocked them signaling them to come at me.

With no other choice, they gripped their weapons and started their attack.

"The Goddess will turn you back to the fold!"

The two swordswomen came rushing and swing their swords in a coordinated fashion, when one was swing vertically the next would slice horizontally. I quickly retracted Chrome and returned him into his Knife form, and (CLASH!!!) barely blocked a fatal blow.

Chrome, is there anything we can do?

~Master please gain a bit of distance from them.~

I'm literally trying too, but I'm not really much of a fighter you know???

I kept dodging their attacks and thanks to Chrome I could barely escape death from the crossbow bolt with him deflecting their trajectory with the chains.

Heeding my weapon's advice I gained a few meters distance from them.

~Hold me with both hands master.~

Are you gonna turn into a sword or something?

~Just do as I say we don't have much time.~

Slightly annoyed I did just as he asked and grabbed him with both hands.

Seems like I'm jerking off Chrome what the heck are we doing???

Chrome quickly shines into a bright light and fades away.

Another form?

But instead of holding one handle, I was holding two... With Chains!?

~Not as capable as my singular form, but it is best in handling multiple opponents.~

No shit sherlock.

I looked back at my adversaries, who were slightly perturbed by their opponent's change in equipment, thus the fighting continued and I quickly clashed metal with the two sword maidens.

attacking me again with their pattern, hoping to tire me out.

But with two knives I can both attack and defend! Blocking one maiden with my knife I kicked the coming one with the sheer force of my boot doing the same to the other, but unfortunately, I was not able to,
WHIFF

A bolt once again flew through the side of my face.

another close one, I looked at the origin of the projectile, and the Arbalest woman seemed to be alarmed.

I quickly rushed in and wrapped chains around this menacing ranged foe, and it was successful she was wrapped around my grasp.
but success is short-lived, when suddenly.

"By the name of the Crimson Goddess! DISPERA!"

Chanting a spell, the cleric commanded a bright flash of holy light and my grip on the Arbalest weakened for a few seconds, but those few seconds were enough for her to slither through and escape.

This fight isn't hard but it's also not getting easy.

The arbalest once again frees and angered fires her bolts towards me in successive fashion.

Coordinating with the two sword maidens, a flurry of blades and arrows comes towards me.

"Dispera!"

Another blinding flash of light entered my sight and for that second I was caught off guard!

My block insufficient in strength, I was blown away from the swing of their swords.
Four are just too many a foes, I need to take them down one by one but they all complement themselves too well...

One protecting the other, no hole in their defense, and coordinated in their offense.

These people are really not supposed to be trifled with.

think. think. think. how do we distract them somehow?

Then I noticed.

The bystanders watching the fight unfold.

Hah.. why didn't think of that before?

Using their anger and disgust to power up Chrome, instead of incapacitating them, I ought to use a different approach of immobilization.

The people surrounding us spectated at a safe distance, thus the square of Vizeri plaza turned into an Arena. but that doesn't mean chrome can't close the distance to capture one of the bystanders.

Chrome come get me a hostage, I have a plan.

~As you wish master.~

And just as command, Chrome slithered his chains towards an unsuspecting bystander. A woman

"KYAAAA!!!"

Using the chains of Chrome I captured a common female bystander nearby.

"You FIEND! let go of that woman!"

"Ha! and what if I don't?" I said, threatening the hostage with a knife

"You deplorable man! Do you know the consequences of your actions?" The arbalest woman mocked me

I rolled my eyes in annoyance and gave them an insulting smirk.

I looked at the Cleric.

Unarmored and wearing Nun's clothing.

My perverted mind did the thinking and like candlelight, sparked a foolproof idea to beat them.

I moved towards the fountain showering me and the hostage with water.

The maidens confused trod carefully.

The two sword-wielders entered the water and prepared to unhand me from my hostage.

But just as planned, I thought with a smirk.

I threw the hostage in front of them splashing them in water.

that small window of distraction was all I needed.

I quickly grabbed the fountain structure and using Beast's strength

In a quick push, the structure was falling towards the hostage to be crushed but maidens were no doubt going to help her.

The Nun quickly voiced out a magic spell

DYNAMI a strengthening spell

Throwing their weapons one of the swordswomen helped move the hostage away while the other strengthened with Dynami quickly stopped the structure from falling further.

but whilst this scene was unfolding, I swiftly trotted my way to their undefended rear allies.

Closing my distance with the Arbalist crossbow master and punched her in the gut, and bitch slapped the nun incapacitating her in an instant.

Wet and tired the swordswomen tried to fight back but with their party in shambles there isn't much they can do against the former high commander of Olken.

I quickly snatched their swords away from their wet hands using Chrome.

They raised up their fists, but I had just enough of their nuisance.

Chrome get them out of my sight.
~As you command.~

Chrome shifted back to his chained knife state and swiftly picked up the two maidens by their legs and flung them across the window of Vizeri plaza, in the horror of the bystanders.

Out of sight out of mind.

Finishing my battle the people started throwing stones, but with Chrome at his peak capacity from gathering all their fear deflected those stones back

then I looked over to Eine at a stalemate with the Hero of Chastity.

This wasn't looking all too good as the city's brutish guards are closing in and ready to take us in.

0