Prologue
196 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I see a diffused light while I cry instinctively. Immediately, I notice two individuals in front of me... One of them more emotional than the other.
I can say it with certainty, I've been reborn.

◇◆◇◆

Year 0
According to those around me, it seems that I'm the second child in the Myrdal House, and my name is Jun. Really, I don't understand... Have I been reborn and kept my memories intact?

Strange, although right now... I'm sleepy.

I don't even know how many months of age I have... But I've already said what it means to be my first word: 'Mom'. It has felt strange enough to pronounce it, knowing that I have another family.

Year 1
Time seems to go very fast as a baby, but I've learned some things. First of all, my family is composed of mortals, specifically humans. My mother Lara, my father Hans, and my sister Ruth. Second, to walk... Although it's not very important in my case, the excitement of my family makes it a more incredible moment.

On the other hand, it seems that I'm living in a cold land... Far from where the metropolises are.
...I've been wondering if my abilities as the God of Dreams disappeared. But I think it's still too early to know.

Year 2
The girl who lives with me I've come to recognize as my sister... she's always glued to me. Sometimes she's so annoying, since I want to channel the information acquired day by day, but I can understand it.

Now that I think about it, her attitude is very similar to that Goddess of Vegetation and Fertile Soil, although that snotty little woman has no hope.

Furthermore, I had made several attempts at night, when everyone is asleep, but without any results. I'm afraid to say it, but it seems I've lost my powers.

Year 3
I was taught how to read, as well as write human language, and all in the first attempt. My parents were so surprised that they thought of me as a genius... So, I feel like I exaggerated a bit.

Because of this, I was also given magical books. To be more exact, 'Elemental Magic', which by the way, is quite weak compared to the 'Celestial Magic'.

In my old condition this wouldn't be possible, although I honestly prefer my old skills.

Year 4
I learned something basic from human magic, but it seems that once again that I'll not have a bond with a basic element. Anyway, thanks to that, I caused more problems than benefits.

With my current and quiet life, I left behind important things, and every time I remember that event for which they unjustly accused me, my anger is unleashed at external levels. Sometimes, I forget that I'm human and I end up destroying things from home.

A part of me believes that I should stop remembering that day, since there is no way I can take revenge against all of the gods in my current situation. The other half thinks that there's a minimal possibility, by first reaching the 'Leviathan's Ancient Lake' where maybe I can recover my skills. However, this information isn't accurate, and I don't know what effects it may have on a human.

Year 5
Something strange has happened. On one of the many nights, beings covered in armor arrived at our home and subsequently took my sister Ruth. Before they left, I thought heard them say "We'll come back for the boy!”. However, I'm not sure.

After this, my father and mother were desperate and downhearted. For a moment I thought of labeling them as 'pathetic beings', for having given up willingly without even struggle. Then I assumed that both didn't have the necessary force to fight back, and I pushed this thought away from my mind.

In turn, I compared it to that fateful day.

Year 6
Apparently, the town I'm living in, Svorkmyran, is receiving more soldiers lately. This gradually becomes more problematic. All of this would be simpler with my ability, 「Hypnosis」.

Also, I obtained magical books by rummaging through my parents' new belongings. Among them, there was one called 'First Contact with Dark Magic'.

I'm surprised that humans have knowledge about that, because I barely heard Xigma mentioning it before. According to him, he was studying this magic from the old parchments found in the Lyerud Library. But I don't remember much more than that.

Looks as though they'll not let the same thing happen with me. Naturally, I studied the content of each one.

Year 7
Maternal and paternal care has been neglected in recent months. I can notice that the paranoia in them has increased.

Mother is sometimes in tears, releasing phrases like, "they snatched her from me", and "I want to see her again", while she hugs me. As for father, he can be heard crying at night, although only occasionally.

It's quite irritating not to be able to regulate the emotional state of mortals. But hey, it's something I'll have to get used to.

Year 8
I've been living by and for my family, leaving aside those old days as a God, and concentrating fully on my new life. But... That desire for revenge appears every so often.

Based on the stories and legends that my father always tells me, I tried to ask my parents about some of those that were related to lakes and rivers; in the end, none were important.

Eventually, I thought to ask the soldiers who watch the entrance of the town, but due to their hostility, I discarded it immediately.

What other options do I have?

Year 9
More and more books arrive at home. At first I'd no idea how books could get here, with so many soldiers controlling the entrances to the town. Later, I discovered that the person responsible for that was a famous witch residing in the town, called Kristjana.

I never had the opportunity to see her, but she seems to get along with my parents.

Additionally, I chose to push my body to the limit, training outside the home. Thanks to this, I got sick for a whole month... Apart from making my parents worried and continually receiving their scolding during that period, I nonetheless maximized my agility.

Year 10
A messenger arrived at our home, bringing us a direct letter from my sister, letting us know her situation.

According to her, she's now part of a group called the 'Elverum's Sacred Order', and serves as an authority by and for the Church. She also mentions her good health, and that while the first years were painful without us at her side, now she can feel calmer. Plus, she explained that thanks to a priest by the name of Lusignan, she had been able to find the right way to move forward, so we shouldn't worry. Finishing the letter, she assured that we'd see each other soon, in what could be considered as a surprise visit.

If I remember correctly, Elverum is the country where this town is located. But... Sacred Order? Church? There are several terms unknown to me in this paper, but in general, I think I understand it.

On the other hand, it seems that I've greatly improved in Dark Magic. I have never studied my type of magic in depth before, because in the Holy Land, I didn't have the necessary means; whereas in the「Oneiric World」, my real parents always roam around, expanding the space and discovering new things.

Should I investigate more now? I'm not sure, since I must also take into account the differences between Dark Magic for humans and Dark Magic for superior beings.

Year 11
My eleventh birthday has arrived.

While it's true that for me this is just an inconsequential event, for humans, it's something valuable; more so on this occasion, which is totally different from previous years.

I don't know if it's because of the fear that abounds in my parents, but today they allowed themselves to decorate the whole house while I was outside training. What's more, they brought a person that I'd never seen, but who'd already been helping us in the shadows with the books subject: Kristjana, the town witch.

Because of what she did for us all this time, I decided to thank her out loud, without thinking about it. Initially, the three of them looked at me strangely, and then, they burst out laughing. Finally, the scene ended with the witch squeezing my cheeks.

I gather she likes to disturb children.

Year 12
With so many thoughts running through my mind, I opted to propose something to my parents, who have been calmer after the letter sent by my sister.

The proposed idea was to let myself be carried away by the soldiers, to later join that Sacred Order in order to see how Ruth is doing. Obviously, I'd do it so that my parents aren't injured in a direct conflict with the soldiers. And of course, I'd march with the hidden mission to find out more information about this world, in order to reach the 'Leviathan's Ancient Lake'.

Logically, this idea was rejected for four months, in somewhat conflictive conversations. But I insisted, and today my persistence finally has paid off. My acquired physical abilities, plus the Dark Magic learned over the years, have solved everything.

Year 13
The time has come.

The noise of their armor, heard from afar, confirms what we already know at home. The knocking at the door makes my parents nervous, pushing them into one last hug. Their tears touch my body, in a period of several moments.

Eventually, the door opens, and that diffused light touches my eyes one more time.

"So, this is how my new life begins, huh."

Without knowing the origin of the light orb that saved me that day, which had really been upsetting being in debt to a stranger... I begin what'll be, a new adventure.

Hey, this is the first novel I write, both in English and Spanish. But, since English is not my first language, I'll do my best so that it can be understood. If someone wants to help me, then I'd be more than happy.

6