Prologue
19 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

No one suspected the change that one fuss could bring about.

In the universe where magic and technology developed on the same level, disorder was always present. ‘til one memorable, double coincidence happened.

In front of emperor’s palace, two groups; one, the best mechanics and the other, the most talented magicians, both were there to present their newest achievements. Sadly, even that time they couldn’t come to an agreement on which group should present first. Like every other time it ended in a fight between both, which resulted in the death of the emperor. But no one noticed that. They all stood there fascinated by the sight of a robot that was powered by magic. On the same day, the new emperor declared that from this day technology and magic have to cooperate in harmony like rhythm and melody. And that's what happened.

The empire quickly gained more land and power thanks to general development and new possibilities. Magic to which only few had access became widespread. With stepping into the new era, new problems arose. Crimes with magical backgrounds. Because of this, police were forced to form a new branch, one that would hire mages. Thanks to lack of experience from regular officers this department quickly gained the name of death department. To solve the problem of lacking employees, once a year, prime authorities of police gathered and allocated troublemaking officers to each magic department. In the end, who would work there from their own free will? Especially person from the elite unit.

1