Chapter 1
1.1k 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Dating an idol vs 5 Billion won]

Sihwang-eun was sitting on a chair and peacefully surfing the internet when he found an article with a disturbing title.

It was fun just imagining how happy your life would be if you were dating an idol.

If you could walk hand in hand with such a pretty woman, your life would definitely be happy, not to mention the number of envious people around you everyday.

"Sigh……."

Even just imagining it was than enough to make Sihwang's heart throb.

But the worth of 5 billion won was worth the same as an idol. The remaining balance in my account is 80000 won, and I have 20 more days left before my parents send me more money. Though I receive 200000 won from my parents every month, it just isn't enough for my daily life, so I can't even buy a tablet.  But if you have even 1 billion, not only could you upgrade your computer into a tablet or a smartphone, you can even leave this narrow room and live in a studio.

Unable to contain his curiosity, Sihwang-eun clicked on the article.

Not only were there already many who commented on the post, but even a confrontation between two people was taking place. There were actually people who were fighting because of this article.

[It's so funny. What use is there for you guys to think about this? Ha ha, don't mind me.]

The very moment that Sihwang saw this comment, it felt like his heart skipped a beat and his whole body turned powerless.

"Oh, that's right. Reality is just too cruel."

A sigh filled with sadness came out of Sahwing's mouth. Seeing that the time was 3 o’clock in the morning, Sihwang-eun decided that it was time to lie down on the bed and drifted into sleep. Not knowing how, somehow Sihwang's eyes got wet. There was no excuse for that, he was just too miserable.

"I can't even hope for dreams."

Clicking exit, and shutting down the computer. And then turning off the loudly roaring cooler, the room was not completely filled with darkness.

Three years ago Sihwang-eun finished his military service, and came back and enrolled into a private university. The tuition fee was more than 3 million won per semester, and with his parents situation it was more or less impossible to pay such fees, and thus he had no choice but to take a loan to pay for the university. So now Sihwang needs to pay more than 20 million won, to repay his loan.

But, that wasn't all. Sihwang was now in his 4th year of university, but because he never performed well in his TOEIC exams and thus his points were less than 3.0. It was not that he had a different dream for which he worked hard. When the university was over, he would come home and either play games or surf the internet. He had no special skills, low academic performance, and next to none TOEIC scores. And with him attending a prestigious university in Seoul and not a local province university, Sihwang had completely lucked out. He was only 26 years old now, but his future was completely dark as a night, with no prospects.

 

It has been over a month since the beginning of Sihwang's 1st semester of the 4th year, but he did not properly go to any class yet. Having entered the 4th grade, with his records Sihwang had almost zero motivation to study.

Starting early in the afternoon, Sihwang began playing Legend of League at the nearby game park(T.N: An internet cafe?), it was a popular game nowadays. Soon after the search began, 5 allies and 5 opponents were matched, and soon everyone selected their characters. Sihwang chose a small girl who could use fire magic.

As the game started, Sihwang put all of his focus on it. His parents always said that if he studied like this, he could've easily gotten into any university he wanted.

The team members started to get angry, when they died due to Sihwang's error in judgement.

[What are you doing? Why would you go there alone?]

[You suck at his. Yeah, you should just stop playing Legend of League.]

Though the chatting messages were all dissing him, Sihwang didn't respond. Because he knew that he was losing wantedly. Despite feeling upset about it, Sihwang purposefully went forward and began dying to the enemies.

[Hehe, I'm still dying, so sorry.]

Despite dying voluntarily, Sihwang began chatting as if it was happening by mistake, causing his teammates to become angrier. Being too angry already, Sihwang was in no mood to be scolded anymore.

Shortly afterwards the message showing their defeat appeared, signifying the match's end.

Rating – 833.

The average rating of a professional gamer is over 2,200 and the rating of an average gamer is over 1,200, but Sihwang-eun barely made it over 800.

Yes. Sihwang-eun was not good at games either.

It is said that every human is born with at least one point at which they excel, but at least in case of the current Sihwang, there were no such qualities.

"Oh, shit! I have to go home."

Feeling a little regret that he skipped all classes, and spent his time playing games, Sihwang went back home.

With a monthly cheap rent of 250,000 won, the facilities were just as poor. There were no TV or refrigerator. The already small room due to the desk and bed, seemed even more narrower.

Throwing his bag away in one corner, switching on the computer with his toes, Sihwang began changing his clothes. He wore a T-shirt which was too loose around his neck, and baggy pants which made him feel uncomfortable. Sinhwang didn't wear such clothes usually. Wearing long waves jeans, with wrinkled southern shirt, was his usual fashion, but today he was lamenting over the fact that he knew no girls, or for that matter even have friends. (T.N – I don't know if this is the right translation, fingers crossed.)

 

As soon as the computer turned on, Sihwang poured himself a cup of cola and sat down on the chair, before he started surfing the internet like yesterday. After browsing through webtoons and reading IT articles he was interested in, Sihwang began surfing the internet in hopes of finding something interesting. Because he had so much free time left.

Like this Sihwang-eun's precious time was spent without any meaning.

"Is this really necessary?"

A blond man till the wasit asked while facing another man who was sitting powerlessly in a chair.(T.N – I think it means that the blond guy is short.)

"Tolleman. I've already decided. Even the dices have been rolled."

Tolleman started intensely at the man for a few moments, before he moved his sight towards the window. Outside the window, embedded in the space was a huge planet which was visible to the naked eyes. It was more than 10 times as big as the moon near Earth, and seemed to have a mysterious feeling which made it impossible to move the eyes away from it.

"Kezron, do you really mean to give this all away to a stranger? What would happen if that person has a bad heart?"

"That will not happen, Cooluk."

The sickly man called Kezron, who was sitting in the chair answered while still coughing and smiled weakly.

"No, I don't believe that. If a human inherits all of this, he will definitely act to fulfill his desires."

"Of course I thought so too. That's why I made a few devices. Aren't you curious? Only one creature in the entire universe will inherit everything I own. Haha."

Kezron laughed out loudly, revealing his shiny white teeth which looked similar to pure snow.

"I will pay close attention to the person you have chosen, and if he does something bad. I will definitely punish him. Are you okay with it?"

"I would appreciate that. Hahaha. Do you have any idea regarding who would be that one lucky existence in this huge space to continue on with everything I own?"

"The population of the Lalak planet itself is more than a billion, and including all the other planets it colonized, don't you think that there is a high probability of one of them being chosen?"

"Haha. Is that so?"

1