Chapter 9 arc 3
326 0 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Yes, I have no free time.

Yes, I hate myself for that.

Yes, I enjoy what the hell I'm doing.

Yeet~

Just like, that two days passed. Today I was finally meeting this mage that could use null mana, currently we were passing the armory and going towards a similar field where Rotsgard and I held our duel the first day we met.

Once we passed this field we entered the forest and in the front, I could see some beastmen and women practicing some magic. I could hear them chanting?

“What are they doing?” I asked Rotsgard, since we hadn’t come near them yet to ask them.

“Practicing magic perhaps? I don’t know I’m not a magician.” He answered.

‘Guess I’ll ask them then.’

After a minute or so, we finally got to the space between the trees where they were practicing and Rotsgard immediately went for the granny that was standing and looking at the ones who were chanting something.

When he whispered a couple of words to her, she suddenly spoke.

“Okay, break time everyone, I need some things to take care of.”

The ones who were chanting collapsed on the ground whilst wailing.

“Finally, I thought we were going to go like this for the whole day.”

“Shut up or you are going to do this during the night!” the granny made him shut up.

Not having an idea what was happening I just walked over to where Rotsgard stood near the granny and just stood there silent while she looked at me, I felt like she was staring at my soul, not me. So, to answer in kind, I turned on my magic eyes and saw the mana she had.

Honestly, she didn’t have that much, but she didn’t have just a small amount either. I saw two colors swirling around her, red and a shiny white, I just assumed that those were her elements, fire and null magic.

After she finished looking at me, she spoke.

“You have quite the mana density and capacity.”  After looking further, she added.

“Even three elements!”

I was puzzled.

‘How did she?’

“How do you know?” I asked her.

“Simply, I feel the mana around you and I know how every element feels, so what did you see in me?” she suddenly asked me.

“What do you mean by that?” I asked her back.

“I felt mana gathering in your eyes, so I just guessed that you were assessing my own elements.” She explained.

“Okay, I saw that you have fire and null elements, what about me?” I asked her to lay it out.

“You have three elements, they are, water, ice and dark. Am I right?” She did tell me my elements.

“What? Three elements? Is she some kind of monster?” I heard whispers around us.

“Yeah, how is that possible?”

“Shut up! Or else you want to resume?” The granny shouted at them.

“Don’t mind those idiots, can you show me some of your mana?” she asked me.

“How do you want it?” I asked because I was not so sure how she wanted it.

“The way you use it normally, destroy that tree over there for demonstration.” She told me and pointed towards a tree.

Still not being so sure on how I should destroy it, I turned towards the tree.

‘Since she told me to destroy it like usual, then I will do this.’ I thought.

After seeing my target, just a normal tree, nothing special, I summoned my sword and tossed it onto right hand and thought that I will try out something interesting.

‘Since the explosion was based on how the mana was layered, then if I layer it differently it should change.’

I got to work, charged up dark mana inside, ice mana in the middle and water on the outside this time.

I leisurely swung my sword towards the tree in a horizontal slash, on contact it exploded.

The explosion was as beautiful as the first one at the lake, but this time it was not as big because I didn’t fill the sword until I went crazy. A pretty big water-like slash appeared that exploded on contact with the tree, then the ice mana went to work and froze it, after the ice, dark mana started to swallow the tree, it just completely disintegrated the tree, all you could see was just a hole in the ground where the tree used to stand.

Almost everyone just stood there with their mouths almost opened. Only the granny stood and looked me like she expected this to happen, I was even more puzzled than before.

“What is the point of this?” I asked before she could even start talking.

She just sighed and started explaining.

“After seeing that ridiculous amount of mana I wanted to see you use it. But I didn’t expect you to control it to such extent and destroy that tree.”

“What is special about my mana usage method?”

“The potential. With this method, it’s hard to manipulate mana at the start, but when you get used to it, you can do things similar to what you just did.”

“Would you mind explaining further?”

“Okay.” She agreed and turned at one of her students.

“You! Come here and chant your strongest spell at that tree.” She commanded him whilst pointing at a tree that was next to the one that I deleted from existence.

“Okay teacher!” He answered.

“Δύναμη μου, μαζέψου στα χέρια μου και γκρέμισε τους εχθρούς μου. βολίδα!” He chanted.

His result was a fireball the size of a basketball. Once he released his spell it went flying at the tree and exploded. The speed was nothing special as well as the explosion, it didn’t even light the tree on fire.

“That was lame.” I blurted out.

“Yes, these are the limitations of the method that is being taught nowadays, before you ask, this method is being taught because the youngsters can handle it easier. Honestly seeing you it was hope in my eyes that this method isn’t dead.” She started talking.

“Who taught you like this?” She asked me.

“My mother.”

“Who is your mother, if she managed to teach this method, she must be really skilled.” She added.

“Nox Daemonium is my mother…”

12