Chapter 13 arc 3
307 0 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Gotta say, being free from school is the best.

 

Yeet~~~

I was messing around with null mana throughout the night and I managed to learn that if it contains one element long enough it becomes more efficient in using it. Basically, I’m going to need a lot of time.

Once morning arrived, I started to slowly walk back to the place. After walking for about thirty minutes, I was finally at the meeting room to check is everyone there. Turned out that they only meet early in the morning and at the evenings. Right now, it was way too early to be called early morning, but it still technically is early morning just too early for my own health, because I barely had any sleep.

After waiting for a little bit more than thirty minutes I saw that they were finally starting to gather. After about roughly fifteen minutes the last ones came, them being Rotsgard, with of course, Theresa. Once they settled down, I finally started to present them my battle plan.

I took out my map, which I had on me, and started.

“I finally have a plan. It is simple yet tough, because it will require cooperation as well as coordination.”

“I will act as bait and will draw the attention of most of her units, whilst you will need to strike from the back. With the ‘bait’ part, I’m thinking of luring everyone into this area.” I told them and pointed at my map where there was a big plains area.

“As you can see this area is plains. But don’t be too eager, that area will be for me and the fox to fight. You will use this entrance.” I said whilst pointing at another area where there was a mountain range that had a nice area to get through. But at most you would only fit around thirty five knights which means that, that place was a perfect choice for our limited military.

“How will we fight then?” Rotsgard asked, obviously the war chief would be interested.

“There is an entrance where only forty or so knights can fit through. And with our choices you will only need to slaughter them. As for me, I will try to lead them here. As for will it work? I don’t know, which is why I prepared another plan we can use. You just need to decide. Just a reminder though, they all will require the bloodshed of your own brethren.”

“Then tell us your other plan.” Rotsgard urged me to continue.

“The other one is that we infiltrate the royal castle of the capital city and just slaughter everyone there. Since the fox and I can feel each other through our markings I cannot go with you. Your choices there will be either to kill or take prisoners. Your choice.”

“I think that the infiltration one has more success than the other, don’t you think?”

“Yes, there are lots of flaws with the other plan, I would recommend you choose infiltration than full on battle.”

“Then please explain the details of your infiltration plan.” He asked me to.

“Let’s see… Do you have a layout of the capital?” I asked for a map.

“Hmm… We do have one, but it may be outdated.”

“Don’t care. Only need that for reference.” After checking out the map I made some corrections to my plan and started talking.

“For now, let me ask a question. How many fighters do we have, and what type?”

“Let’s see… From what I remember, we have about sixty close combat personnel including me, only twenty scouts, twenty four archers, sixteen mages, and only four mana fighters.”

“One hundred and twenty four in total. What is a mana fighter?”

“Mana fighter is a person who has enough mana to physically empower themselves, but not enough to be a mage.”

“The plan will go like this, we will divide into three teams, with the most close combat personnel being in the middle, then the close combat squad will kick down the front gate which will make a distraction and cause the guards to come our way. Then others will infiltrate the castle through the sides. Be sure to note that they are not infiltrating through the furthest point, no, they will be going at the corners of the wall.”

“Why not go through the furthest point though?”

“Because the guards there most likely won’t hear the commotion, so we need our infiltration team to go near us where the guards have moved, not too close, not too far away.”

“I will be going with the team that will be kicking down the gate since I can’t really hide from her, and once the infiltrators are done inside, they will help you. Because of course, you’re going with me.” I told him.

“I see, this plan definitely has way less flaws than the other one. How do you plan on executing it?”

“I’m thinking of grabbing forty close combat fighters including you and kicking down the front gate to draw their attention, whilst we are doing that the other two groups will infiltrate the castle, then join together at a decided point and clean the entire castle, whilst also locking up everyone who doesn’t fight, just for safety. After they do that, ONLY then are they allowed to join in your fight. I, of course, will be fighting the fox.”

“It does seem possible. Okay let’s gather here in about an hour.”

“Okay.”

Whilst he was going to gather his forces, I decided to polish up my plan with some answers from the granny who, basically told me to rip my mana realm to shreds.

I asked others where can I find her, turned out that she was already torturing her students, or should I say teaching?

When I found her, she was shouting at those poor beastkin, because there were both women and men.

“What are you trying to do with such a half-assed chant!?”

“I’m sorry, I can’t remember it…”

“You really are not made to be a mage, you better go and become a mana fighter.”

“No, there’s no way I would stoop so low, as to become a mana fighter!”

“Then go and revise your chants. How long do you plan on waiting there?” she suddenly turned to me.

“And here I thought, I would go unnoticed.”

“There’s really no way to be unnoticed with that much mana oozing out of you.”

“Now what do you want? You already have null mana, what else do you need?” She asked me.

“Is there a way to instantly regenerate mana?”

“There is. Why do you need it?”

“Tell me what is the way and I will tell you in exchange.”

“Okay, the way is to drink a mana drink. Now tell me why do you need it?”

“Simple, because I plan on using up all my mana. Tell me how to make it and I will tell you the rest.”
“You really know how to stir up curiosity. The way is by combining some magic grass with water and add mana to it, the type of mana that is put in the drink only regenerates that type, and you can’t mix two types of mana unless you want to explode. The grass is found near the lake you were found at, water can be used any kind as the mana purifies it, the amount of grass is determined by how much mana you can hold. Now tell me.”

“If you want to hear why, go near the main building, there will be an important announcement in an hour. There will be everything that I want to say to you.”

Since I still had time, I decided to gather some of that magical grass, once I arrived at the lake, I turned on the magical eyes. The moment I turned them on everything here started to glow in a low water-like blue, ice-like blue and a lot lower dark color. I focused on the grass and saw that it started glow in a white color.

‘Looks like that’s the one I need.’

I started picking it and remembered that the granny said I should pick around the same amount of mana that I have.

‘I wonder how much mana do I have?’

I entered my mana realm again to see it, and boy do I wish that I wasn’t here.

It was in shambles to say the least. As I appeared on the hill where I was previously, I saw what happened here.

10