Chapter 15 arc 3
277 1 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Late uploads because I have a crippling Genshin addiction. I'm sorry.

 

Yeet~~

The day of departing came. I checked my pockets for my mana regenerating BALL, it was where it was supposed to be.

“We’re departing now!” I shouted to the leaders.

“Okay! We’re ready!” They affirmed.

And we set off to the capital.

After three hours of traveling by carriage we still haven’t arrived.

“Are we there yet?” I asked him for the nth time.

“No, we are not.”

“Fuuuuuck, I’m so dizzy I don’t know what to do…” I was getting so motion sick, I thought I was going to pass out.

“I have good news for you-“

“Are we finally at the capital?” I asked in hopes I won’t have to throw up.

“No. We have about two and a half hours left of traveling. But we are taking a little break for the horses to recover and have a meal.”

“Uh, I will definitely throw up when we stop…”

“But can you even throw up? Since all you do is drink blood. Also, what are you going to do for your meal?” He asked me.

“Ugh… I don’t know… I have some frozen blood for myself… I’ll be good…” I was practically dead.

When we finally stopped for a break, I tried to stand up and get out of the carriage. Instead, I fell face-first onto the ground, when I got up Rotsgard came.

“Are you alright after falling out the carriage?”

“Yeah, I’m alright. I’m sure mother would be laughing if she saw me like this…”

“I’m sure Nox would also be like you right now. You are a lot like her.”

I stretched my wings for a bit.

“I’m going for a little flight, maybe that will help me get rid of the motion sickness.”

“Sure.”

And I flew off into the distance.

When I was flying, I saw the plains that were below me, nothing special but it helped me to get better. After landing I looked around for a place to lie down, that was when I saw a lone tree with a couple of little kids around it. I decided to go there, when I arrived the kids immediately turned to me.

“Hey, hey, are you a traveler?”

‘Huh? They can see me through the mana cloud?’

“You can see me?”

“Yes! In fact, you are really beautiful!” They answered.

“Can’t you see anything dark around me?” I asked for confirmation.

“No.”

‘Looks like they can see me the normal way as I look physically.’

“Hmm… Alright, I’m not a traveler.”

“Then what are you?”

I smirked.

“I’m the Demon queen.” I answered.

‘Well, to be more precise, soon to be.’ I thought.

“But you don’t look dangerous? We all have heard that Demon lords and queens bring misfortune and death, also they look dangerous, but you don’t look anything like that?”

“Haha, looks like you can’t tell.”

“Would you like to come to our village for a bit?” They suddenly asked.

“I’ll have to pass on that. I have a royal castle to invade.” I told them, then spread my wings again and flew back to Rotsgard.

“Where have you been? We are about to have our meals, we just scouted the area and got to making food. Would you mind helping?” He suddenly asked me.

“Pfft, you are asking me, a vampire, to cook human food? Talk about hilarious.” I started laughing at him.

“I’m sorry to hurt your pride, our great Demon queen.” He apologized in a sarcastic manner.

“No, it’s not that. I just can’t cook, since I haven’t really eaten much human foods.” I told him and gagged whilst remembering the shit I had to eat because of that fuckface.

“Are you feeling good?” He asked me.

“Sorry, got to go or I will really throw up this time.” I covered my mouth with my hand, enhanced my legs with full dark mana and jumped forwards to nearby trees.

It’s not the best feeling when your body tries vomit but you don’t have anything to throw up with. Since I wasn’t going to get anything out of this, I just lied down near the tree to calm down.

Once my body calmed down, I popped the frozen blood inside my mouth, since I had only frozen the outer side to make a shell, when I broke it with my teeth the warm blood filled my mouth. When I was done, I went back.

“Are you alright? I have never seen an individual look so bad ever in my life.”

“Then congratulations for finally seeing someone like this.”

I thought for a bit.

‘Should I tell him about this since I’m putting him in the throne?’

I thought through some more valuable information.

‘Hmm… Yes.’

“Rotsgard, can we move over there?” I motioned to some other trees that were further away.

“Sure, but why?”

“I need to tell you some things.”

After we were away from the camp.

“What do you need?”

“Listen well, I’m going to tell you my life story.”

I of course left out the details on how I became a Devil.

When I finished, he was furious and in tears at the same time.

“How can someone do that to their own daughter? I would never do that to Theresa even if it was by the orders of the king.”

“But why are you telling me this?” He asked me.

“To put it short, I will be placing you in the throne of your kingdom, you will be known as the one who freed it from the grasp of the overlord. You will be called the king Rotsgard of the beastkin kingdom. Be ready.”

“Please don’t, I don’t know if I will pull through the hardship of the paperwork, it might be the end of me.” He was asking me almost on his knees.

“Ha, I know, the same thing will be waiting for me also when I take over the Demon kingdom. I know how you feel.”

“I don’t care what you will do with the Demon kingdom, just don’t make me the king.”

“You don’t have any other choice here. Anyways, let’s go and strike the capital now.”

“Umm… Right now, it’s night. Everyone is resting for tomorrow.” He told me.

“How the fuck is it night time?” I asked no one in particular.

“I don’t know how can you not see it and feel the night’s cold?”

“Remember, I’m a vampire, I can see the night as if it was day, I can only know it’s night if I look at the moon, and I can’t feel the cold night because I’m accustomed to the feeling of it.” I explained to him.

“Oh. Listen, if you ever need help to take down that fucker just tell me, I will help you immediately.”

“I will. Although I don’t think it will come to that, because I will have a hero on my tail.”

“Oh yeah, you’re the soon to be Demon lord.” He remembered.

“Ok, you need to go rest for the night, I will take watch, tomorrow we strike the castle.”

“Ok, see you tomorrow then.” He went to sleep.

 

Nothing eventful happened during the night, once the morning came, I saw that Rotsgard was the first one to wake up.

When he stood up, I saw him taking a deep breath, knowing what is about to come I covered my ears.

‘Wait, were they always this pointy?’

After touching my ears, I found out that they are pointy, not on the level of elves, they were similar to human ears, just that they were pointing up.

“WAKE UP YOU SLACKERS!” He shouted.

As he shouted, I got shaken out of my thoughts and everyone woke up.

“We are departing in three hours! Eat for now, and then check your gear and everything and gather into your respective squads!

After they were done, we departed and arrived at the capital city after full five-fucking-hours.

When we arrived, we had to wait extra thirty minutes to wait for me to recover.

When I was finally okay. I spoke.

“They should be at the place where they have to be. Let’s strike the castle!”

I whispered to Rotsgard.

“Once I tear down the gate, I’m going directly for the fox. You will be in command, you can take anyone you want as prisoners of war, just make sure they don’t kill you behind your back. Understood?”

“Yeah.” He responded and then turned to others.

“Listen, when she tears down the gate you will be under my command, if you take anyone as a prisoner of war, make sure that they won’t kill you behind your back. Understood?” He relayed everything I told.

“UNDERSTOOD!”

“THEN LET’S RETAKE THE KINGDOM!”

And we commenced the operation.

9