Chapter 16 arc 3
267 0 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
A late upload because of stuff.

 

Yeet~~

“THEN LET’S RETAKE THE KINGDOM!”

And we commenced the operation.


I was walking through the main street towards the gate. It was empty and deserted, no one was here.

‘Looks like the overlord didn’t even try to take care of the kingdom.’

Just as I thought about that, I saw a little beastkin girl in tatters, running through the main road, from one alley to another and bumped into me.

“Are you alright kid?” I asked her.

“I’m sorry, please don’t hurt me! They are coming for me!” She tried to run away from me, but I stopped her.

“Who are they?”

“They tried to take me away. I don’t want that!”

Just after that I heard voices coming out from the alley she was in.

“Where is that bitch!?” It sounded like three men.

When they saw me holding the kid, they smiled.

“Thank you for catching that kid, hand her over and she will definitely sell for a lot of money. We, of course, will give you a share of it.”

They tried to buy my cooperation.

‘I’m sorry Rotsgard, I will take a little detour.’

“Haha, I hate that type of people…”

“What type?” They were surprised at me laughing.

“Slavers. Child slavers even more.” I answered and summoned my sword.

It appeared in my left hand as always, and with the same hand I cut the throat of one of them. After that I took the sword into another hand and stabbed the second man. The third guy managed to get his sword and tried attacking me, I parried it and in one swift motion decapitated him.

“Damn, this thing is really growing alongside my mana strength.” I thought out loud.

I saw that they had money on themselves, so I took it and handed it to the girl.

“Here, you better hide, because I’m about to tear this place down.”

“Thank you!” She thanked me.

‘What a nice kid.’ I thought.

‘Ok, time to end this.’

I arrived near the gate and it was massive. It was made of iron that was coated in gold, I almost felt sorry for tearing this thing down.

‘Time to do this.’

I resummoned my sword and filled with dark mana to the brim. When it was full, I unleashed it, the same story happened, a visible dark mana slash appeared and exploded on the gate, immediately drawing the attention of guards.

I chewed my mana regenerating ball that I made for dark mana specially.

‘I just have to hold them off until those guys charge in.’

‘Looks like I didn’t have to wait long.’

They charged in soon after me.

“WE ARE BEING ATTACKED!” The guards raised alarm.

Soon after that you could hear bells ringing all around the castle, chaos was starting to ensue.

 

*POV-One of the scouts that are infiltrating the castle*

I’m the leader of the squad that is currently climbing from the west.

We started climbing the wall according to plan and it was quiet just as miss Liliana said.

We successfully entered the castle without being discovered. Now we need to join up with the other squad in our meeting point.

“Everyone let’s go to the meeting point.” I silently issued the order.

 

*POV-The second squad of infiltrators*

Our infiltration didn’t go so well.

After we climbed the wall, we went directly to the meeting point.

But to our own misfortune, the soldiers still haven’t moved out of the palace and we were spotted.

“You there! Halt!”

“Shit, we’ve been spotted! Fighters, move out to the front, archers load your bows and mages prepare binding chants!” I issued an order right away.

After some fighting, we didn’t attract the attention of other guards.

“Looks like you had some trouble.” The other squad that entered through the west, entered through one door that was at the side.

“Haha, yeah we had.”

“So, all that’s left now is to clear out the palace.”

“Yeah, let’s do this.”

 

*POV-Back to MC*

 

Whilst they were fighting, I snuck away into the castle to hunt a certain fox.

‘Damn, this castle is as huge in the inside just as outside.’

As I was standing there just admiring the divine look it had, marble plated with gold. Suddenly the chandelier fell on me, I jumped back just in time to survive without being touched.

“Come out, you know you won’t get anywhere with this.” I told her.

“I’m not as dumb as you would think.” Her voice came out from every side of the hall.

‘Hmm… How should I defeat her without destroying this place?’ I started thinking.

‘Wait! I can try out that thing!’ I referred to mother’s shadow generation and at the same moment dark mimicry.

‘Yeah, her names do sound a bit weird.’

Since I had my dark mana regenerated, I gathered it into my palms and placed them on the ground. When I touched the ground I unleashed it into the ground, it started to get covered in a dark liquid, it looked at least. I unleashed more mana to generate a fog where the mana was, it all happened in a couple seconds, so the fox had no time to react.

When I finished my preparations, I felt where she is. She was in the corner of the hall, since everything was covered with my mana, I teleported behind her and sweeped her legs. She fell on the ground, but evaded my sword just in time.

“What is this fog? I can’t see anything.” I heard her mumble.

‘Since she is a fox, her sixth sense should be better than average, if not superior to mine.’

I threw my sword at her, when she tried evading it by jumping to the left, I teleported before her and slashed at her horizontally from left to right with my left hand. She still managed to evade it, and tried attacking me with her daggers, but I easily fended them of and went back for her.

‘Shit! If this goes on, it will be a tie, how can I use the surroundings to my advantage?’ That was when an idea popped up into my head. There was a water vase here with flowers in it, I can switch places with it through the power of shadow generation and mimicry, when she shatters it, she should be plenty wet from it and if I use my ice mana, I will be able to catch her.

“Haha. Ok.” I just said and started working on executing my plan.

10