Chapter 25 – The Truth about Her
312 3 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Romeo still had a sour face, he tapped his shoes repeatedly on the stone floor in agitation. He waited outside the bathroom. This was an unpleasant surprise. He just hoped to refresh his brain by taking a walk. He didn't expect to see a naked young girl soaking in the bath at all! After all, that girl was his own subordinate and disciple – Julian Dubois.

The door creaked open. Juliet came out with half-hesitating steps. Her hair was still wet, she had not yet put on her heavy leather vest. She wore an oversized tunic that reached down to her thighs. She also wore leather pants that were tight enough to show off her slender legs.

She came out carrying the jar of human blood she had harvested in her arms and placed it near her commander. Then she lowered her head, ready to be scolded.

"You said you wanted to explain," Romeo said furiously.

"So—my father sent me here..I don't know the reason. But I seriously wanted to continue my duty as a knight. I hope you won't force me to go back home," Juliet spoke half-heartedly.

Romeo wasn't too focused on her explanation. He studied Juliet's appearance and began to remember now. Juliet's face was familiar. He had met Lady Juliet at an event a few years ago.

At this moment, Juliet ruffled her proud silver shiny hair. Her body was slender and looked fragile. She was a girl with a medium height with an attractive appearance. When she was disguised as Julian she used a pentagram necklace to hide the smell of her blood so she wouldn't be detected as a girl. She also wears iron woven clothes that make her body fuller while hiding her curves.

"Sir?" Juliet called out hesitantly.

Romeo gasped, he was lost in his own thoughts. No wonder Julian had a small body and a face like a woman. Because she was indeed a woman! For a moment he forgot to be a gentleman. Looking at a virgin girl from up and down like he did was impolite.

"So you're Juliet Dubois? Duke Arthur Dubois' second child?" Romeo confirmed her identity. Juliet nodded. She was still worried about Romeo's next move.

Will she be forced to go home? Report her to the generals? Or moved her to the female knight barracks?

Not that Juliet didn't want to. Maybe she's more comfortable around girls. But she could not play a strategic role there. She must be at the forefront. She had to ensure Romeo's victory.

"I think reporting you is pointless. The generals would have known..dubois must have planned it along with the other military higher-ups," Romeo shook his head.

"So-"

"The war is about to start, I don't have time for this. So you continue to do your job as usual, Julian," Romeo said again. Then he started to walk away, Juliet following him from behind.

"So you're not going to report me?"

Romeo stopped walking and looked at him again.

"I recruited you, because you were useful in my mission. I was also your teacher who taught you to use cursed weapons..to me nothing is more important than completing a mission. As long as you disguise yourself well—I'll treat you the same as before. Don't expect me to go easy on you, Julian," said Romeo coldly.

But he knew things would be a little different from now on. He probably wouldn't have the heart to punch Juliet in the face like he used to. Only, Romeo wouldn't show it to Juliet. Juliet was the wielder of a cursed weapon, Romeo wants her to be stronger. He didn't want to go easy on her.

"I-I see, sir! Thanks for the opportunity! I won't let you down!” Juliet saluted her commander.

"Now put on your uniform, Julian! Your comrades are waiting for their dinner," Romeo ordered.

***

For the umpteenth time, members of the Jaguar squad gathered while rotating jars filled with human blood that was harvested by Juliet. One by one they drank it, Romeo watched when it was Juliet's turn — she pressed her lips to the mouth of the jar for a moment then passed it to another knight.

"You can't drink it can you?" He whispered, close to her ear. Juliet gasped, Romeo's breath was too close and it made her awkward.

"I'm sorry, sir," Juliet answered quietly, bowing her head.

"That means you disobeyed my orders, Julian,"

"I'm a man now. It's a little difficult for me to find a donor," Juliet looked apologetic.

"I'll give you until tomorrow, if you still can't drink human blood - I'll think you're a rebel," Romeo reminded.

"All right, sir," Juliet nodded.

"Now, about what you discussed with me in the bathroom earlier—"

"Oh yes sir I wear a magic  necklace to hide the smell of my blood—"

"Not that one, I don't really care if you're a girl. Explain to me why you said I had to conquer Ithadurna?"

"Oh, that one—"

"What are you two talking about?" Damian looked interested and hugged Julian friendly from behind.

Juliet felt uncomfortable but she just laughed awkwardly. Such interactions were common among knights. They didn't even know she was a girl so it wasn't disrespectful or even rude.

Romeo looked at the interaction for a moment before deciding to ignore it. He was determined to think of Juliet as a man, so none of that should bother him. Juliet herself insisted on staying undercover and fighting alongside the men.

"Julian has seen the future again,"

"Oh really? Like he did when he discovered Rasputin's secret lab?" Damian became excited.

"Yes," Juliet smiled nervously.

"Maybe I'm a little late asking this. How did you do it? I didn't know that the ability to do prophecy could be possessed by someone," Damian looked thoughtful.

"Eh, that's because-"

Juliet felt it best to hide the fact that she came back to life after a tragic death. If she did reveal it—she may also have had to tell them about Romeo sucking her blood out in his past life. That's embarrassing! Sucking the blood of fellow vampires was only done by partners and it was very intimate for vampires.

Juliet glanced at her commander. Romeo D'Artagnan had a height of over 185cm and charming shiny black hair. He rarely smiled, but when he did, Juliet felt a throb. Juliet still vividly remembers the day he drank Juliet's blood when she was dying. It makes it a little difficult to see Romeo professionally.

But the Romeo before her right now was her teacher, her commander, someone she had to respect. Juliet wouldn't expect anything. Let alone seeing Romeo's reaction—who remained professional even though he already knew she was a girl.

"I think it has something to do with Apollon," Juliet began to explain.

"It means?"

"I have a cursed weapon called Apollon, you know it's named after the god of prophecy Apollo. Maybe that's why I have the ability to predict the future," Juliet explained.

“But when you told us, you didn't have Apollon yet,” Damian narrowed his eyes doubtfully.

"Eh, that's because—maybe because I've previously been magically bonded to Apollon. It's a weapon forged by demons so there's no need to talk logic here," Juliet evaded.

"Then what do you mean by me who will conquered Ithadurna?" Romeo whispered.

"What? That's crazy! How can that be?" Damian denied.

"Let's hear what Julian has to say. You know, we used to have our doubts about the Rutherford Lab. I have a good feeling about this," Romeo nodded.

"I don't know how, sir," Juliet shook her head.

"What?"

"I only know that sir Romeo and his army killed Duke Radcliffe, ruler of Ithadurna and took possession of his castle," added Juliet.

"That's all? How can it help us!" Damian criticized.

"Wait, I think I can see that it's not impossible," Romeo looks excited.

"Are you saying that you have formulated a war strategy with just a brief information from Julian?"

"I think so,"

"But I still have to finalize that plan. Right now we should rest in the barracks. We should conserve our energy and focus on tomorrow night's battle..when the war trumpet sounds - we will kill as many Rasputin as we can. When morning comes, when we gather to share blood from the same urn—may we still be alive to discuss my plans," said Romeo again.

11