Chapter 1 Part 3 of 3: Introducing The Pink Necromancer
17 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Quaraun was a Di'Jinn wizard, He knew the danger of wishes. The phrase 'I wish' was a powerful phrase and one to be avoided, for a wish spoken from the heart, always came true, but not always with the desired results. But Quaraun wasn't thinking about the laws and rules of magic just then. Instead he was thinking about how much pain he was in and how much he wanted someone to hold him and comfort him and make the pain go away. How empty his life was and how much he wanted the emptiness to go away, and how death seemed to be the only escape from a pain never ended.

"I wish I had someone to talk to," he said to himself. "I hate being alone."

Seemingly innocent words, spoken by a very powerful wizard, a very powerful, heart broken wizard, at the end of his rope, given up on ever his lost lover, and ready to kill himself.

Thunder clapped in the distance and purple lightning flashed across the sky. The storm was moving, getting closer. With it, tall towering trees moved across the landscape, following the black clouds in their path that was fast closing in on the poor suicidal Elf.

Had the grief stricken Elf looked up he would have seen that the field was fast vanishing around him as a vast endless old growth pine forest formed out of nowhere.

The Faeries were out and about and their Forest of No Return, with it's trees made out of gingerbread, was cropping up like poison mushrooms after a storm.

Quaraun heard the thunder of the coming storm and felt the thunder rip through his heart as one more thing to torment him. He did not relish being caught outside in a storm. It was one more thing to weigh on the Elf's already too weighed down mind. Quaraun sat up. Movement was becoming difficult. His wound had started to heal, but not well.

The wound was infected and every move he made, very painful as a result.

Quaraun stared at the map.

"I wish you'd take me to BoomFuzzy. He'd take care of me. He always did. the healers were right. I shouldn't be alone, I haven't got enough brains to take care of myself."

A second wish.

BoomFuzzy was dead.

The evil Faerie had killed himself in his gingerbread house, in the Forest of No Return.

BoomFuzzy was dead.

Quaraun knew this. He had found the body of his lover. But the azure eyed Moon Elf also knew that somewhere out there, BoomFuzzy's soul wandered with the undead.

BoomFuzzy had commit suicide in part of a Lich making ritual.

BoomFuzzy was dead, but his soul lived on, wandering the earth in the realms of the unliving, trapped in the lands of eternal undeath.

BoomFuzzy was a Lich.

The Lich Quaraun now hunted and hoped to kill.

No. That wasn’t right. He didn’t want to kill the Lich. Not really. Did he? Quaraun wasn’t sure of his own thoughts any more. He couldn’t even be sure of his own memories.

Kill the Lich?

Or join the Lich?

Kill the Lich and it’ll be gone.

Kill himself and he can join the Lich and they can both be Liches together.

Forever.

BoomFuzzy.

It always goes back to BoomFuzzy.

BoomFuzzy.

King Gwallmaiic.

The Elf Eater of Pepper Valley.

The Lich, Quaraun was in love with and would have done anything to be reunited with.

BoomFuzzy was the reason Quaraun was now returning to the Deep North, to kill himself and become a Lich so that they could be together again.

BoomFuzzy had been the only thing Quaraun really wanted in life.

The strange black eyed Elf had had a hypnotic effect on Quaraun.

BoomFuzzy had not been an Elf. He was Faerie and his forest had overtaken the Moon Elf village in minutes, but the Moon elves had been so fascinated by the gingerbread house that had mysteriously appeared in their midsts, that they never noticed the vast enchanted forest that had surrounded their valley and cut them off from the rest of the world.

The candy making and-Elf had put the entire village under a spell, but none was more effected by the Faerie then Quaraun. Quaraun had fallen deeply and madly in love with BoomFuzzy, and his death had been unexpected and brutal.

It shook Quaraun to his core.

Quaraun had found BoomFuzzy's body, every last drop of blood drained from it and covering the floor of the gingerbread house. BoomFuzzy's strange gleaming black eyes dead, empty, dull lifeless.

Quaraun had known BoomFuzzy wasn't an Elf, but he'd never seen the shape shifting Faerie in anything other then it's Elf form, which had melted away upon his death.

The Phooka's death had left behind, was so unlike the physical form Quaraun knew as BoomFuzzy, that for a long time he'd been unable to believe that BoomFuzzy was dead. It was not until a hundred years later, when he came face to face with the Lich, BoomFuzzy had become, that it finally sunk in that BoomFuzzy was dead.

BoomFuzzy, what was left of him, was a rotted corpse, an undead creature whose flesh had fallen from the bones, leaving behind an animated grinning skeleton. Seeing his beloved BoomFuzzy in this state, alive, but dead, very, very, dead, shocked the poor Elf and Quaraun had been unable to get over it.

In an attempt to erase the memory of what the Lich looked like in it's true form, Quaraun had started walking. He walked and walked and walked. For two hundred years, Quaraun walked from one side of the planet to another. He walked until he reached an ocean, then he got on a ship and a few months later found himself walking across a strange new country, where he continued to walk until he again reached another ocean and got on another ship, went to another country, and walked some more. The more he travelled, the more outlandish his outfits became as well. And the more famous the bereft Elf Necromancer became and the more he killed.

Quaraun, once known as the Moon Elf wizard who helped people, became known as the insane Necromancer who killed without remorse, slaughtering anyone who dared anger him. Now when Quaraun stepped off a ship into a new port, crowds trembled at his feet, mothers grabbed their children and ran, soldiers dropped their swords at his feet and begged for mercy.

Long gone were the days of the young Elf whom was bullied and teased. Legends of the Moon Elf Necromancer who possessed Thullid mind control had swept the globe and every citizen used stories of the world's most feared wizard to terrify their children into obedience.

People feared Quaraun more than they feared Thullids.

For centuries, nothing was more feared than Thullids. The Thullids were monstrous beasts who'd fallen out of the sky centuries ago, trapped on this planet when their ship had crash landed. Thullids, in their true form, had tiny white worm-like bodies covered with fine arms. They burrowed into a host body, eat it's brain, and then attached their thousands of tiny hair like arms to the nerves in the spine, taking full control of the body they had possessed. While the Thullids lacked defensible physical bodies and required taking over a host to survive, they possessed brain powers unlike anything anyone had ever seen. All they had to do was think it and it happened, no matter what it was. If a Thullid wanted you dead, all it had to do was look at you and wish you were dead and POOF, instantly you would drop dead.

The younger the Thullid the less control they had over their powers and the more chaotic they were. Spawnlings, Thullid in their larval state, were dangerous if left to themselves. Thullids lived in hives and carefully guarded their spawnlings to keep them out of trouble. When word got out that an exceptionally powerful Thullid was without care of a hive, the Di'Jinn had sent their priests to bring him into their hive.

Unfortunately for the Di'Jinn, they did not like horses much and when the infant Thullid in a young Elf's body brought home a wounded Unicorn, the Di'Jinn sent the horse away to wander alone in the desert. Weeks later the young Quaraun returned home to the Valley of the Moon Elves, saying the Di'Jinn had sent him home. They believed him. The Moon Elves had no reason not too. Only two people knew the truth.

One: the little black eyed Unicorn that had watched the carnage unfold as every last Di'Jinn wizard of the formidable Di'Jinn order was reduced to ash in seconds as their bodies burst into flames, burning from the inside out.

And two: ZooLock the high priest of the Temple of Ashgill, who had seen into the dark murderous thoughts of the young Quaraun, and knew what he was about to do, and was thus able to escape before Quaraun murdered the rest of the Di'Jinn order with nothing but the words: "I wish you were all dead."

The Thullids' Di'Jinn wizards were the most feared creatures in all the known universe, no one went up against them, their combined powers could bring a continent to it's knees, and Quaraun had killed them in seconds, with nothing but a wish.

Unknown to Quaraun, the Unicorn, was not a Unicorn, by something far worse. A Phooka, named King Gwallmaiic, Elf Eater of Pepper Valley. An evil, blood thirsty, black hearted creature who relished in blood shed and carnage and was mesmerized by what Quaraun had done to the Di'Jinn and had followed him back to the Deep North, where he changed form and became a candy maker named BoomFuzzy. Gwallmaiic became obsessed with the Elf who had the ability to kill with a death wish, and left his lover Gibedon behind for Quaraun. But Quaraun knew none of this. Quaraun did not know that the horse he had saved, had in fact been BoomFuzzy in another form.

While King Gwallmaiic stalked the Elf, fascinated by his powers and lost in an insatiable lust for Quaraun, ZooLock on the other hand, lived in mortal terror of the Moon Elf and fled to the farthest reaches of the world to get away from him, only to run into him at every turn. While their frequent crossing paths was nothing but a coincidence, ZooLock believed the Necromancer was hunting him and his terror of Quaraun knew no bounds.

When ZooLock realized that Quaraun was looking for the Elf Eater of Pepper Valley, he hatched a plot to find the enchanted map created by the Elf Eater and give it to Quaraun, knowing it'd send the Elf in circles on an endless wild goose chase, and thus keep Quaraun from crossing his path again.

And thus Quaraun now had in his possession the Elf Eater's famous enchanted map, and just as ZooLock had hoped, it was not being cooperative, and now Quaraun was hopelessly lost, as he tried to make his way back to the Deep North, only to find it always just around the corner and never in reach.

Quaraun, unfortunately for many of his victims, wasn't very smart, in fact, he could be safely called quite stupid, which was why he really had no idea that he was the one killing the people who dropping dead around him. Terror seized the heart of the poor frightened Elf every time villagers started dropping like flies, which resulted in more people dying and the Elf becoming even more terrified.

Quaraun himself believed that the Lich Lords were following him and killing everyone that got near him. He thus became ever more reclusive, avoiding heavily populated areas, fearing that he'd walk into a village and every one would drop dead.

Quaraun had been raised by the Moon Elves. He had been raised as a Moon Elf. He fully believed that he was a Moon Elf.

To the rest of the world, Quaraun was nothing but a Moon Elf.

A very powerful Moon Elf.

King Gwallmaiic and ZooLock alone, knew the truth, that Quaraun was a Thullid living in an Elf's body.

Even Quaraun himself did not know he was a Thullid. He sometimes suspected it but he pushed those thoughts out of his head as often as he could. Had he known for sure that he was a Thullid, he might have been more careful of the words "I wish."

I wish...

They were Thullid words.

Thullid wizards called themselves The Di'Jinn, and granted wishes is what they did.

Anything you wished for, the Di'Jinn would grant it... for a price.

Wishes were not to be taken lightly.

Quaraun knew this.

Quaraun was a Di'Jinn. He knew it better then most.

Granting wishes was something the Di'Jinn did and Quaraun did try to avoid doing it.

And yet in the past five minutes he said “I wish...” twice.

Quaraun knew not to say “I wish...”

But Quaraun was sick and hurt and tired and depressed and not thinking clearly just then, and really didn't care any more about laws and rules of any sort, magic or otherwise.

He just wanted to die so he could be with his lover again.

The cool moss felt good on his wounded side. He would have lain there for longer, but the storm was moving in and the cheerless little Moon Elf did not want to get wet. Being wet on top of everything else, it was just too much. He pushed himself back up and looked around wondering which way to go.

And so Quaraun sat staring at the map ZooLock had given him, his broken heart aching for BoomFuzzy and the desperate desire to die to be with him, as he said the words...

"I wish you'd take me to BoomFuzzy. He'd take care of me. He always did."

0