Arc I Prologue
21.5k 82 329
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I


━━━━━━┓༻❁༺┏━━━━━━


Arc I Prologue


━━━━━━┛༻❁༺┗━━━━━━


One day, she awoke from her dreams, finding herself ... 

 

Well, that was the question, where was she? She didn't have an answer. The universe remained silent, as fate was a cruel master indeed. They both ignored her.

 

She didn't expect that she would find herself in a situation like this, but she did. And now she was here, wherever this place might be. Whether this was heaven, or hell, she couldn't tell. So far, both was possible, which didn't make much of a difference. This place was terrible, either way.

 

What she knew, though, for sure, was that she was deader than dead. A premature dead ended her peaceful life. And now she was here, trapped in a never ending limbo, waiting for something to happen ...

 

...

...

...

 

What was this? Some kind of force was ... pushing her?

 

A bright, a blinding light in the darkness approached her, piercing the veil of boredom and monotony. Was this her salvation? Was this the light she had yearned for? Was this the moment she had waited for so long? It didn't matter. Her hand reached for the light, since she had nothing to lose.


━━━━━━┛┗━━━━━━


A new sensation crawled over her unprotected skin. It was a frigid, uncaring and merciless coldness that invaded her weak body. Her body shivered, and she soon came to miss the ever present warmth that she was brutally ripped apart. In vain, she longed for the missing warmth, a warmth that would never return. She felt alone, alone in a hostile, unforgiving, frozen world.

 

Contrary to her expectations, she was still alive. Apparently, even dying was a surprisingly unreliable affair. She should have died, but she didn't. Instead, she survived. Life truly never failed to surprise.

 

Fresh air entered her weakened lungs, and she sensed a sudden urge ... to cry. Why exactly remained a mystery.

 

A pair of caring hands swaddled her in a soft fabric. The fabric was warm. She liked it. After a small eternity, her sight adjusted, and the light of the world welcomed her.

 

Her eyes opened, a woman greeted her. Her radiant smile was filled with pure motherly love and profound happiness. The woman held her in her arms, caressing her. What struck her was her pale skin, her long black silken hair, her wonderful red eyes, her petite, impeccable face. No scars to be seen, no wrinkles, no pores. Her perfection was almost scary. Who was this woman?

 

Her tired voice overflowed with happiness. “You have the eyes of your father.”

 

The eyes of her father? The words confused her.

 

The woman beamed. “Even if he won't acknowledge you, I always will. Your mother will always love you. You will always be my child.”

 

...

...

...

 

“You will always be my little Asami.”

 

...

...

...

 

Whhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaatttttttttttttttttttttt!? Asami's eyes widened as realisation dawned. This wasn't possible. This shouldn't be possible. A name, a name, a name. She was given a name.

 

Her limbs lost all force. A newborn girl cried, as her entire world shattered to tiny pieces.


━━━━━━┛༻❁༺┗━━━━━━


 

329