Arc VIII Chapter 15
7.6k 70 180
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

VIII


━━━━━━┓༻❁༺┏━━━━━━


Arc VIII Chapter 15


━━━━━━┛༻❁༺┗━━━━━━


“...” Katsuki suffered from a mild concussion and a severe case of motion sickness. A poor, disoriented kitten. Her poor headsie. Her poor earsies. She couldn't tell left paw from right paw. Her head felt dizzy, and her world kept spinning. The yarn was a trap. The evil portal baited her.

 

Katsuki collapsed, nearly vomiting, despite such behaviour being unbecoming of her status. Royalty didn't vomit. She rested and licked her wounds.

 

Her vision cleared up and her concussion faded. Trees, trees, trees greeted her, and a strange blue sky. The sky lacked the natural pastel azure shade she was used to. The blue, the light, the clouds, all felt different. This was not the palace. This wasn't the spirit world.

 

“...” Katsuki scanned her surroundings and stumbled across a cute little girl. Her silken black hair was lovely, her fluffy cheeks adorable. The girl was human.

 

Her eyes stared at the mysterious girl, and the girl stared at her. They were both surprised. A human. A real human. Her scrolls taught her about the mysterious species called humans. Every kitten was well advised to study their culture and customs.

 

Humans were bipedal. Walking on two feet was their primary mode of movement. They had no fur, no tail, no whiskers. Their ears were located temporally, and their pupils were round. Humans neither meowed, nor purred. Such strange creatures.

 

She had never met a real human before. This was her first time. As the crown princess of the cat clan, she was determined to leave a good impression

 

“...” Katsuki inflated her chest and approached her master. The girl was undoubtedly sweet, but her new master didn't impress her. The girl looked ... rather normal. Her chakra was neither strong nor powerful ...

 

Katsuki noticed too late that they weren't alone here. Her gaze wandered off, and her limps stiffened. Petrified, her body refused to move. Another girl stood nearby. Her hime cut, her composure, her bearing emanated pride, grace, dignity, making a little kitten feel very small. Profound darkness filled her cold eyes. It was her who summoned her.

 

A shiver ran down Katsuki's spine. The girl was scary. Even ancient spirit beasts paled in comparison. Who was this girl?

 

 

Katsuki stumbled backwards and ran, but her escape attempt failed miserably. The girl tilted her head and threatened her with a sweet smile. “Where are you going? Don't run, little kitten. Nee-san won't hurt you.”

 

Katsuki stiffened, panicking. Her feline instincts screamed danger. The girl knew. The girl read her like an open book. In her desperation, Katsuki vanished into the nearest bush.

 

Katsuki cowered in fear and prayed to the supreme cat gods that the evil princess of darkness wouldn't find her. She was just a small kitten. She was too young and noble to die. Nothing happened until she was grabbed from behind.

 

The cute girl from before lifted her from behind and gave her a big hug. “Don't be scared, Yuki will protect you from Nee-san.”

 

The girl named Yuki pouted. “Nee-san, you are such a meanie. You shouldn't scare little defenceless kittens.”

 

Her Nee-san narrowed her eyes. “Yuki, your kitten is neither little, nor defenceless. The cat is a spirit. Your little kitten could very well be centuries old.”

 

Yuki protested, tightening her hug.“She isn't dangerous, Nee-san! Look, she is an innocent, fluffy kitten. She would never hurt me, right?”

 

Katsuki raised her paw in agreement. “Yuki-chyan is right, I would nyever hurt her ...”

 

...

...

...

 

Silence reigned, as Katsuki realised her error. She had messed up.

 

Yuki took a deep breath before bouncing out of joy. “Nee-san! Nee-san! Nee-san, can we keep her! Pleashe, can we keep the talking cat!”

 

Her Nee-san crossed her arms, redirecting her gaze at her. “We will see, but first I have a little talk with our feline friend. What's your name?”

 

“...” Katsuki tensed up, traumatised by her previous encounter. The girl was still scary.

 

Yuki sensed Katsuki's anxiety. Her hands calmed her. “Don't worry, Nee-san isn't evil.” 

 

Yuki let Katsuki down. “Be a good kitten, and you will be fine.”

 

The girl welcomed her. “Don't be shy, What's your name?”

 

Katsuki hesitated. Her voice faltered. “Mya nyame is ... Katsuki. I am the crown princess of the cat clan.”

 

The girl smiled, yet her lips were cold. “Quite a heavy burden for such a young kitten. How old are you, Katsuki-chan?”

 

“I am ...” Katsuki lowered her head and hid. “I am ... twelve.”

 

“Oh my, such a young age. A prepubescent kitten. Simply wonderful. ” The girl sighed, massaging her temples. “Katsuki, what does your contract offer?”

 

Katsuki gulped. “What do you mean?”

 

The girl grinned. “Your Highness, no contract was signed yet. I didn't summon your kind for personal amusement alone. I want to know, what do you have to offer?”

 

Katsuki cast her eyes downwards. The answer was little. “We have the neko sage mode, but the secrets of the technique ... were lost.”

 

The girl sighed again. “Thought so, and yet I will act against better judgement.”

 

The girl unravelled the scroll and showed her the contract. “Katsuki, you are lucky that Yuki is fond of cats. Place your paw, and I consider our contract binding.”


━━━━━━┛༻❁༺┗━━━━━━


https://rellawings.com/assuhostedimages/Asami_patreon_1.png

Salutations, fellow readers and authors!

As you probably know, each chapter you read takes a lot of time and effort to produce.

So make a small contribution and support my efforts on Patreon! Any donation would be appreciated!

Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/assurbanipalii

 

 

 

 

180