Arc VI Chapter 4
6.2k 26 193
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

VI


━━━━━━┓༻❁༺┏━━━━━━


Arc VI Chapter 4


━━━━━━┛༻❁༺┗━━━━━━


“Shikaku, how do you think the next match will be?” Inoichi stroked his chin. He observed the arena and awaited the next match.

 

Shikaku massaged his temples. Once again, he fought a hangover. Stupid alcohol, he should seriously drink less. “No idea, and to be honest, I don't care.”

 

“And you? What do you think, Yoshino?” He passed the question to his wife to not get bothered further. Yoshino should gain him some time.

 

Yoshino smiled. “I am happy that Shikamaru comes next, but I am curious who he will be up against. Hopefully, not someone strong. Shikamaru isn't the most physical fighter. He might get injured.”

 

Shikaku agreed. Shikamaru was a tactician, not a brawler. He didn't even expect him to get this far. He knew his son. He would give up at the first best opportunity.

 

Yoshino clapped her hands. “Look, the next round is about to start!”

 

Two genin entered the arena. Shikaku inspected the opponents, an Oto-nin, and a kunoichi.

 

“...” Shikaku raised his eyebrow. The girl looked familiar ...

 

...

...

...

 

“Holy shit, what the fuck is she doing here?” Shikaku panicked. It was her. This was Asami, but how? Why? Why was she in this tournament? Luckily, Shikamaru didn’t have to fight her. He was placed in the following bracket ...

 

The following bracket ...

 

The following bracket ...

 

...

...

...

 

His son was fucked. Now he could only trust in his intelligence and survival instincts. He would be safe, no need to worry.

 

Yoshino tugged his arm, and Shikaku finally reacted.

 

His wife smiled. Her lips were strained. “So, you know this girl down there?”

 

“No ... Yes ... No ... Yes, I know her.” Shikaku scratched his head.

 

Yoshino maintained her cold smile. “And how? How does my loyal husband come to know a little girl without my knowledge? You never told me about her.”

 

“That's a rather ... complicated story.” Shikaku answered with an uneasy laugh. He talked too much.

 

Yoshino narrowed her eyes. “Don't worry, I have time.”


━━━━━━┛┗━━━━━━


Asami observed her enemy, a smirk on his lips. Dosu stood before her. They exchanged frosty stares and uncomfortable silence reigned. “Unless I am mistaken, your name is Dosu?”

 

“...” Dosu didn't answer. He readied his arm. A heavy steel gauntlet was his primary weapon, used to produce deadly sound waves. Like all Oto-nin, he was specialised in fighting with sound.

 

Asami touched her heart, disappointed by his lack of cooperation. “Deep down in my heart, I am a benevolent person. Therefore, I offer you one last chance, forfeit, and you will live.” Dosu would die during the invasion, but her gracious act would prolong his life for a few more hours.

 

“...” Dosu preferred silence. He declined.

 

Asami smirked. “So be it. I hope you don’t regret your decision.”

 

Hayate started the match. Her opponent capitalised on her disinterest and increased the distance. He retreated backwards in the belief distance would save him. He erred, he wasn’t safe.

 

“...”  Asami closed her eyes and drew her sword. Confidence accompanied her. “Naruto, I want to demonstrate you an undeniable truth, protracted fights like between you and Neji are rare on the real battlefield.”

 

Chakra coursed through her blade. Her steel glowed purple, coated in plasma.

 

“Fights between professional ninja don’t last long. They are decided by disparity in skill and ability. Their outcome is usually quite predictable. Never forget, will and determination alone won’t overcome superior skill. Most ninja are forgotten, destined to die a lonely death. Not victory, not glory awaits them, but ... death.” Asami struck, delivering judgement.

 

Her sword drew first blood. Her speed unmatched, her blade impaled Dosu. Her blazing fire shredded his torso. Heated plasma disintegrated bone and burned flesh alike, leaving behind nothing but a gaping hole. His lifeless corpse hit the sandy ground. His crimson blood stained the arena.

 

Asami tilted her head and looked at the stands, her eyes focused on Shikamaru. “Unless I am mistaken, you are the next in line, Shikamaru?”

 

...

...

...

 

Shikamaru gulped. “Shit.”


━━━━━━┛༻❁༺┗━━━━━━


 

193