Arc VI Chapter 5
6.2k 24 191
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

VI


━━━━━━┓༻❁༺┏━━━━━━


Arc VI Chapter 5


━━━━━━┛༻❁༺┗━━━━━━


“A spectacular match, Hokage-dono, wasn't it?” The Kazekage clapped his hands in excitement.

 

“Perhaps. Perhaps not.” Hiruzen took a puff on his pipe, smiling. The outcome was predictable considering her background.

 

“Hokage-dono, no need to be modest, don’t you recognise her talent? Villages would kill for having such a talented kunoichi like her.”

 

“Her performance was certainly impressive, but not enough to warrant such praise, Kazekage-dono. You can't judge her abilities based on a single match. The girl is just a simple genin.” Hiruzen chuckled, lowering his hat. His instincts told him that something was wrong. He knew Rasa for a long time, but his behaviour today was strange. Rasa had taken an uncanny interest in both Sasuke and Asami, which was ... suspicious.

 

Orochimaru chuckled in response, his disguise perfect. “I disagree, Hokage-dono. The girl deserves even more praise. This strength. This power. This beauty. This unmatched potential. Asami is such a beautiful gem. Konoha is truly fortunate to have her. A shame that she can’t be mine.”

 

Asami could have been the perfect vessel, but he found her wanting. The girl had everything he wanted and more, but she lacked the sharingan, the eyes he longed for all these years and never attained. Sasuke possessed them. The boy had only to be refined by his hands. His abilities were severely underdeveloped. Konoha stunted his growth, but Sasuke had time to mature.


━━━━━━┛┗━━━━━━


Shikamru gulped. He reconsidered his participation. He didn't want to face Asami ... “I think I will forfeit ... Aargh.”

 

“Shikamaru, go for it!” Naruto pushed Shikamaru over the railing. The boy hit the hard ground. He shoved his friend down the arena right into the jaws of death, without a second thought, without hesitation, without a sign of concern.

 

“...” Asami tilted her head. This was apparently friendship.

 

“Fucking Naruto”, Shikamaru grumbled, staring at the sky. He wasn't stupid. He didn’t want to dance with the little murderous princess. Asami was bad for his health.

 

Naruto grinned. “Good luck, Shikamaru! Don’t give up! You can beat her, I am sure!”

 

“...” Shikamaru blinked. Naruto had gone mad. He needed a little bit more than just good luck to beat this witch.

 

Asami smiled. “Stand up, Shikamaru, you are wasting my time. We are all waiting for you.”

 

“...” Shikamaru frowned, standing up and dusting off his clothes. He took his time. Not only was his opponent a girl, but his opponent was also Asami. Annoying.

 

“Tsk, show off ...” Asami rolled his eyes. Shikamaru was Shikaku’s son, so shedecided to go easy on him. She just would beat him up until he gave up. No need to injure him beyond necessary. No need to maim him. Shikamaru wasn’t an enemy. He was a fellow Konoha, and he didn’t merit elimination.

 

Shikamaru finished his preparations and smirked. “To be honest, I don’t want to fight you. I don’t care about becoming chunin or not. Too much responsibility. Too much work. But I am certainly not going to lose to a girl.”

 

...

...

...

 

What did he say? Asami narrowed her eyes. Shikamaru tried his luck and her limited goodwill. The boy walked on thin ice. “I am glad that you have retained your humour, Shikamaru. You sure know how to talk big. But I feel gracious today, and I will overlook your transgression if you retract your statement.” She offered him one last chance. 

 

“...” Shikamaru put his hands into his pockets. His voice betrayed confidence. He didn't doubt his victory. “I said that I am not going to lose to you. A guy can’t lose to a girl.”

 

Asami clenched her fists. Maybe she was wrong, and Shikamaru deserved a good beating, after all, a beating he wouldn’t forget for the foreseeable future. He knew exactly what he was doing. He deliberately provoked. He played with the fire. “Tell me, Shikamaru, you are a smart boy, so why are you doing this?”

 

Shikamru smirked. “I don’t know what you mean, Asami-chan. I am just being myself as always.”

 

Asami shook her head in disappointment. Her hands wandered towards her pouch to retrieve a pair of friendly shuriken. “Shikamaru, I enjoy your presence, but you really shouldn't have provoked me. I thought you were smarter.”


━━━━━━┛༻❁༺┗━━━━━━


 

191