Arc VI Chapter 7
6.2k 29 192
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

VI


━━━━━━┓༻❁༺┏━━━━━━


Arc VI Chapter 7


━━━━━━┛༻❁༺┗━━━━━━


“Do you need any help, Shikamaru?” Asami offered her hand even when her mind demanded revenge, retribution, when he should have answered for his crimes like a man. “Take my hand, Shikamaru. Don’t make things complicated for both of us. We no longer need to fight. You no longer need to fight.”

 

He only had to accept his defeat and surrender.

 

...

...

...

 

Yet his reaction surprised her. His lips curled up and formed a smirk. Shikamaru laughed, but his laughter didn’t make any sense. He lost. He was defeated, beaten, finished. Maybe he suffered from shock and blood loss got the better of him.

 

Asami narrowed her eyes. “Tell me, Shikamaru, why are you laughing? What's so funny?”

 

Shikamaru grinned with confidence. “Because it's over. I win.”

 

“...” Asami didn’t share his new found enthusiasm and tilted her head. Another boy who never learned when to give up. Sadly, Konoha had plenty of them. They overestimated themselves and their capabilities. “So you intend to keep fighting? A brave decision considering your precarious situation.”

 

“You are mistaken, it's not over for me. It's over for you.”

 

Asami moved, but she couldn’t. Her entire body stiffened and froze. Chakra bound her like chains and impeded her movement.

 

Her eyes narrowed, turning into a murderous glare. The little fucker backstabbed her. His betrayal cut deep. “You!”

 

Shikamaru covered his wound and rose. His weakened legs barely carried him.

 

Asami imitated his movements. His shadow binding compelled her.

 

Shikamaru confronted her, staring into her dark, rage filled eyes. “As said, it's over, Asami. It's my win.”

 

“...” Asami fumed, severely irritated, severely aggravated. “Shikamaru, what have you done, you fool? Nothing is over. This is just the beginning. This is your end.”

 

Shikamaru dismissed her. “Try if you can ... *cough* *cough* *cough*”

 

“*cough* *cough* *cough*” Shikamaru collapsed. He didn’t get any air. He couldn’t breathe. His chakra reserves fell rapidly in order to maintain his jutsu. His chakra depleted at an alarming rate and his body failed to cope with the ever increasing demand. His shadow binding ... His jutsu sucked him dry. His world turned black.

 

He realised only far too late, it was her. It was Asami. She used his own jutsu against him. She used his jutsu to break him. Her chakra pressed against his jutsu in an attempt to shatter his shadow binding with brute force. It worked. His jutsu cracked unable to withstand the pressure.

 

“Shadows are a lovely weapon, but you forget, they are a double edged sword. They bind not only me to you, but also you to me.” Asami drove her foot into his stomach, sending him rolling across the ground.

 

The bullying didn't stop. Asami tortured her poor victim once again. Her heel pushed his chest down to the ground. “Do you know why I dislike this tournament?”

 

Asami applied more force to his sternum. Her heart relished in dark delight. Shikamaru's breathing grew erratic. Her heel squeezed the air out of his lungs. “This tournament is terribly annoying. My opponents proved utterly disappointing so far. You provide little entertainment, but I won’t blame you.”

 

Asami added more weight. Stinging pain pierced his lungs. Her foot was crushing him alive like an ant, and he could do nothing. “You are nothing but mere genin. Unfortunately, there can only be one victor. The moment we entered this arena, we were cursed to win, or to lose.”

 

Shikamaru struggled for air, but he still had some time before he suffocated.

 

“But defeat was never an option.” Asami loosened her grip and removed her heel from his chest.

 

Shikamaru was again free, and he enjoyed his new-found freedom breathing. His chest rose and fell. Her point was made. Her hand drew her sword and struck the ground. Her blade caressed Shikamaru's face. He got a lovely view of her polished steel. Life was fragile. Life was dangerous.

 

“...” His eyes widened in fear. Shikamaru maintained his poker face, but deep within his heart, his resolve wavered. Shikamaru disappointed her. She had expected more of a talent of his calibre.

 

“So, tell me, Shikamaru, what should I do with stubborn people like you? People who don’t understand when they have lost. Deluded by their false sense of pride and delusions of victory. You are annoying because you leave me no other choice ... But you are lucky, that this is just a tournament and not the real battlefield.” Asami sheathed her blade and left. The match was over ...

 

A strong gust blew through the arena, sparking her curiosity. The latecomers had finally arrived. Sasuke had finally arrived.

 

Inside a stream of leafs, stood Kakashi scratching his head. “Sorry for being late. We had some things to do.”


━━━━━━┛༻❁༺┗━━━━━━


 

192